TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Edwin MacPhisto

SJL Crimson Card - Sunday, June 23rd

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

SJL Crimson Card

Due: Sunday, June 23, 3 PM Eastern US time.

Venue: The Teco Arena in Fort Myers, Florida!

NOTE: MARKERS CHANGED!! TAKE NOTE!

Everything goes to Crusen!

SINGLES MATCH - send to Longdogger_Pete

Fugue vs. "The Rising Sun" Y2K

-Fugue took a hard loss to Mak Francis on Wrath, and now he looks to get back on his feet against the newest JLer, Y2K...

WORD LIMIT: 3500

RETURN MATCH! - send to HvilleThugg

Poisyn vs. Silent

-Whoa, whoa, whoa.  The mysterious Silent, one of the original Clan members, makes his return to the JL.  He goes up against Poisyn in his first match back, which should be interesting, considering that Poisyn has adopted some of the Clan's tactics (i.e., colored mist) while making a name for himself.

WORD LIMIT: 4000

RETURN MATCH MARK TWO! - send to Suicide King

Mike Van Siclen vs. Venom

-Holy shit!  Holy shit!  It's Venom, it's Venom, it's Venom!  A longtime veteran of the fed comes back against the cockiest suckah we have in Mike Van Siclen.  Will it be a successful return, or will MVS capitalize on this opportunity to clobber a vet?

WORD LIMIT: 4000

TV TITLE MATCH - send to Suicide King

"The Franchise" Mak Francis © vs. Thor

-Thor bested Kojack on Wrath, while Mak successfully retained against Fugue.  Another title defense is up for Mak, but how is he going to handle being faced with such a beast of a man?

WORD LIMIT: 4500

SINGLES MATCH - send to Longdogger_Pete

C.I.A. vs. Ced Ordonez

-Why, it's two good wrestlers!  They're wrestling each other!  Yeah!

WORD LIMIT: 4500

SINGLES MATCH - send to Thoth

Sydney Sky vs. Z

-Lately Sydney Sky has professed her love for Frost, and the two have had a minor iron grip on the state of the federation.  Frost earned his World Title shot in a match with Z and Ced Ordonez, and obviously, as a member of XF9 and of the Frost Fanclub, Syd's got some issues.  Tonight, she goes up against XF9 mainstay Z, as hopefully everything gets sorted out.

WORD LIMIT: 5000

MAIN EVENT

NON-TITLE THREE-WAY ELIMINATION MATCH - send to HVilleThugg

"Deathwish" Danny Williams vs. Insane Luchador vs. Tod deKindes

-Here we go, folks.  Out of character, confusions and unfortunate technical errors resulted in IL's match not getting to King in its full form.  He gets another shot at Danny here, but Tod deKindes is in on the action too.  If either IL or Tod wins the match, they get a shot at Danny on the next show, where Frost will also be contending for the world title...

WORD LIMIT: 6000

Guest Coffin Surfer

Did I mention that I hate Triple Threats?  Please tell me this is first pinfall is elimination and not first pinfall wins. Oh and if I lose I get another Triple Threat match to look forward to.

I don't mean to bitch but TT's are so limiting.  Lets see: guy #1 knocks out guy #2, guy#1 and guy #3 fight it out, guy #2 wakes up, and knocks out guy #1, guy #3 fights guy #2, repeat formula until reach word limit, end the match.  

I don't mind a Triple Threat every now and than, but to speak my mind and be honest I think we have to damn many of them. and I know I'am not the only one that hates writing them.

Great card Eddie Mac. Seven matches and only one triple threat?! I think if a WF mass bump were to occur this would be a okay time and it's getting pretty close to the end of the month anyways. I'll probably bust out a pre match promo on the board because nobody does it anymore. So all should be on the look out.

Guest Tod deKindes

I second Danno's feelings, those are a challenge to write. Unless it's elimination style. Now you're talking.

Did I mention that I hate Triple Threats?  Please tell me this is first pinfall is elimination and not first pinfall wins. Oh and if I lose I get another Triple Threat match to look forward to.

I don't mean to bitch but TT's are so limiting.  Lets see: guy #1 knocks out guy #2, guy#1 and guy #3 fight it out, guy #2 wakes up, and knocks out guy #1, guy #3 fights guy #2, repeat formula until reach word limit, end the match.  

I don't mind a Triple Threat every now and than, but to speak my mind and be honest I think we have to damn many of them. and I know I'am not the only one that hates writing them.

True. Triple Threats are usually formulaic and you're limited in the end, but I don't have any problem with them if schueduled only once in a while. Only main reason I look down on them now is because I've been booked in way too many, and it became overkill... Especially for the fed, where the value/impact/importance of the Triple Threat is brought down by being treated to them seemingly every show.

Guest HVilleThugg

Uhhhhh...you should probably not send that match to

"Hville Thugg"

because if you do it won't get to me.

Try sending it to...

"HVilleThugg" - with no space...just to be sure.

Thank you, come again.

Da "spelling police" H

Guest WrestlingDeacon

I don't mine triple threat matches (probably because I've only lost one out of like six). I find them to be a unique challenge to keep them fresh and interesting outside of the standard formula that Danny marked out above. The trick is to work as many spots as you can with all three men at the same time.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Well, Danny, the reason I made this a triple threat was:

1) IL got screwed by something that wasn't his fault: his match got cut off by the messenger system.  He deserves another shot.

2) Tod has been doing gangbusters-delicious lately.  He's rocked the socks of nearly anyone who he's had to face, he's put on some great stories, and I think he might be ready for world contention.  Here's a chance for him to get one step closer, maybe one that he won't job.

So, triple threat.  Seems logical enough to me.  I only try to book them when they make sense, and both out of character and in-character, it definitely made sense this time.

Now, on it being elimination: you and Tod certainly seem to want it elimination.  Talk to IL, or IL, post here when you read this: if all three of you agree that you'd prefer elimination, I'll change it, just this once, cause I'm a warm n' cuddly guy and I'd rather you guys be happy writing a match than seeing it as a chore.  Otherwise we'll leave it a triple threat.

Guest crusen86

As a general rule people, with this PM eating bug that's going around, it would probably be a good idea to start checking each match didn't get cut off before you sent it.

Guest Listen2Reason

I have two quick questions...First, who's posting the show? i.e. who do we talk to if we want to have promos and such? And second...what happened to my opponent Y2K's stats? I couldn't find 'em in the stats thread...

Guest KingOfOldSchool
I have two quick questions...First, who's posting the show? i.e. who do we talk to if we want to have promos and such? And second...what happened to my opponent Y2K's stats? I couldn't find 'em in the stats thread...

Huh, you're right. It appears they've been deleted somehow during the board transfer. Just send a message to him and ask that he send them to you.

Whoever posts the show, is also who you send promos to. By my estimation, that would be Crusen, but I'm not sure about that.

EDIT: I guess some newer posts aren't coming through, when they should. But I found what I think is Y2K's name, if you feel the need to contact him.

Guest Coffin Surfer

Sorry, but just a heads up that I've changed my finisher. It's still a Powerbomb, so your not going to have to make any drastic changes to your match(assuming you've already invisioned the ending.)

Hopefully this will be the last time. I figured the Sheerdrop Tunderfire Bomb was to brutal to have as a normal finisher, so I changed it to a normal Tunderfire bomb. But now I've decided that as much as I love the move, its really too fancy and more of a junior move. It's also impossiable to pull off the move correctly on heavyweights in real life, so I've changed it again.

Guest midnight_burn

Card looks good, a pair of returns and some sure to be great matches should make for a delightful show.

Guest Suicide King

Just a warning to those writing matches for me. I am itching to write another Cock promo, so you'd better not give me an excuse.

Oh, and fear my new modly powers.

Guest kelloggs

King with modly powers is a scary thing. ;)

And please keep the cock locked away. I really don't want to see it.

Guest Drew_K

May I just say, about the triple threat issue, I agree one hundred percent. I'm currently very ashamed of myself cause somehow, with almost four full days of free time, and a title match against two opponents I wanted to face, I no-showed cause I couldn't even begin to write any of the in ring action. I did try my hardest, though, and I paged my match marker to let him know what the problem was. Still, as far as I'm concerned, for NOW, at least, triple threat matches + me = (N)

Guest Coffin Surfer

Well I'am glad I'am not the only one. But lets face it triple threats suck, in real life and in fantasy wrestling. I mean have you ever seen a good triple threat match in real life. The best was probably Lynn/Supercrazy/ Tajiri, but even that was a mess, that made zero sense.

There are exceptions if the backstory is good like my williams/ced/z match. But mostly triple threats just plain suck.

I don't mean to question the booker, but there has got to be a better way to push people, than triple threats. Can I request never to be booked in one again. Why not have a tag match or something. We hardly have them anymore. I have never been in a tag match, but I've been in like 300 triple threats.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto
Can I request never to be booked in one again.

Well, you can request it, but it ain't gonna happen. Sometimes we need them, and sometimes they're the only way to get people on cards in the purpose we want. This match, for example: it needed to happen this way because:

1) IL got screwed by the PM system, and that's not fair after he busted his ass on his match

2) you both said that you were too burnt out of ideas to do a straight-up rematch, and

3) I want to see if Tod can hang in the main event for good and run with the world champion, since he has been one of the most consistent writers of late and only seems to be hovering over Euro because he's keeping himself there.

So, honestly, I don't think it's a pointless match at all. In-character, it's an interesting showdown between 3 guys with a chance for two deserving wrestlers to earn a possible title shot and for the world champion to show why he's the world champion.

Why not have a tag match or something.

Mostly because, lately, a lot of people have requested to not be booked against each other in matches, while they build up stories and such. Hence, tag matches become very, very difficult to work. I like to get one a show, but most of the time it's just not logical or possible. A triple threat here or there is a lot easier to manage, and I apologize for not watching NJPW or ECW or any smaller feds so that I can understand how useless they apparently are.

If you guys want all straight-up singles matches with a tag here or there, fine, but then half the people in the fed start complaining that the shows are too boring. I appreciate the feedback and will try to accomodate, but I offer no guarantees.

Guest Suicide King

Allow me to sum up what Edwin is saying, and make it a tad more clear.

Stop whining.

Guest Suicide King

And on a related note, I will be granting no extensions tomorrow as yours truly has to get to Columbus extra early for King of the Ring, baby!

Guest Renegade

Triple threat matches arent bad at all, im surprised so many people have a problem with them :huh:

^ best emotion

Guest HVilleThugg

Attention!!!

There's been a change in markers!! Please take note!!!

Da "he's a mod now" H

Sign in to follow this