TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The College Football Thread 11/29 - 12/1

The difference is that LSU wasn't completely dismantled like Oregon after Dixon went out, and Dorsey's just banged up while Dixon's out for the year.

LSU still won a number of games with Dorsey hurting or on the bench.

Oregon hasn't won a game since Dixon went out.

The difference is that LSU wasn't completely dismantled like Oregon after Dixon went out, and Dorsey's just banged up while Dixon's out for the year.

LSU still won a number of games with Dorsey hurting or on the bench.

Oregon hasn't won a game since Dixon went out.

Right. That's why Dixon was the bigger loss.

Oklahoma and USC have both had worse injury problems than LSU and both have been playing better football at the end of the year. Oklahoma > USC > LSU > Missouri > Georgia in terms of who's deserving to play for the title.

Its pretty clear that it will be LSU in the title game. Georgia and Kansas didnt play so LSU will likely gain ground on them in the computers making them on par at minimum along with leapfrogging them in the human polls. VT will likely stay slightly ahead of LSU in the computers, but LSU will undoubtedly leapfrog them in the human polls. Even if Oklahoma were a spot or so higher than LSU in the human polls, they are so far behind in the computers, that its unfathomable. Every other possibility isnt worth mentioning

What a scramble and awareness to know where/when to throw.

What a blown call on that. He was not ahead of the line of scrimmage.

Washington got fucked on that.

Why call it if you are in a bad spot to call it?

OK, here's my top 25 after the Hawaii game. I ended up vaulting them way up my rankings the last couple weeks, but I couldn't justify having them below a WVU team that lost to Pitt at home.

(Previous week's ranking in parenthesis)

1. Oklahoma 11-2 (5)

2. Ohio State 11-1 (3)

3. USC 10-2 (4)

4. LSU 11-2 (7)

5. Missouri 11-2 (1)

6. Kansas 11-1 (6)

7. Georgia 10-2 (8)

8. Florida 9-3 (9)

9. Virginia Tech 11-2 (10)

10. Arizona State 10-2 (11)

11. Hawaii 12-0 (16)

12. West Virginia 10-2 (2)

13. South Florida 9-3 (14)

14. Illinois 9-3 (15)

15. Tennessee 9-4 (13)

16. Cincinnati 9-3 (17)

17. Auburn 8-4 (18)

18. Boston College 10-3 (12)

19. Arkansas 8-4 (20)

20. Texas 9-3 (21)

21. Oregon State 8-4 (26)

22. Texas Tech 8-4 (22)

23. BYU 10-2 (23)

24. Wisconsin 9-3 (24)

25. Oregon 8-4 (19)

Close: Clemson, Kentucky, Michigan, Virginia, Connecticut, Boise State, UCLA

Guest Pizza Hut's Game Face

Those must have been some really lossy losses for Wisconsin to be behind four 4-loss teams.

Those must have been some really lossy losses for Wisconsin to be behind four 4-loss teams.

They never really beat anybody. Their only decent win was against Michigan at home. They lost three of their four biggest games - at Illinois, at Penn State and at Ohio State - and two of them were quite lopsided (and the Penn State loss was worse than the score indicated).

Iggy I don't get the huge love for OU in your poll. Yes, they beat Missouri again. They also choked and gagged against Texas Tech a couple of weeks ago.

As far as WVU goes, it doesn't totally shock me that they did what they did last night. A couple of weeks ago WVU almost let Cincy back into a game but held on by 5. And U of L damn near stormed back to beat WVU as well. While people harped on WVU turning the ball over a bunch in that game U of L also turned it over a couple of times too, so WVU really wasn't that much better.

The thing I take away from this season is that no matter how much it seems like there might be a new and different national title matchup, fate always gives us the same old crap.

Iggy I don't get the huge love for OU in your poll. Yes, they beat Missouri again. They also choked and gagged against Texas Tech a couple of weeks ago.

I like Oklahoma for the following reasons...

They lost to Colorado by only 3 points. They lost to Texas Tech by only 7 points.

They dominated a disappointing Miami team (51-13), beat Texas (28-21), beat Missouri twice (41-31, 38-17), killed Texas A&M (42-14), and killed Oklahoma State (49-17).

7 of the in-conference teams they played finished at 6-6 with 4 of them finishing at 7-5 or better. Of those 7-5 teams, Oklahoma went 4-1 (only loss to Texas Tech).

The Coaches' Poll is out, and the voters made the requisite adjustments to put LSU at #2. That'll probably get them to the title game, as expected. OU jumped to #3 while Georgia and Virginia Tech held at 4 and 5. Hawaii also got one first place vote.

So, I'd guess we're looking at

MNC - Ohio State vs. LSU

Rose - USC vs. Illinois

Sugar - Georgia vs. Hawaii

Orange - Virginia Tech vs. West Virginia

Fiesta - Oklahoma vs. Arizona State

There's also the possibility that the Fiesta takes Kansas instead of ASU for an all Big XII Fiesta Bowl.

If the Harris Poll is similar to the coaches poll, it will put LSU in the championship game. They have the space necessary from Georgia and VT that it will negate the computers.