TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Impact spoilers (airs December 6th)

TNA IMPACT SPOILERS FROM ORLANDO; LADDER MATCH TAKES PLACE

by Alex Hernandez

Impact:

- LAX (Homicide & Hernandez) defeated Rellik & Black Reign. After the match, the Rock & Rave Infection (Jimmy Rave & Lance Hoyt) attacked LAX.

- ODB defeated Gail Kim in a non-title match. After the match, Awesome Kong came to the ring and they brawled with security breaking it up.

- The Angle Alliance (Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, Tomko) came to the ring and made an offer to Christian Cage and Robert Roode to join them, saying that they have until the end of the night to respond.

- The Angle Alliance came to the ring and Christian & Roode came out. Roode quickly accepts the offer, but Christian bad mouths all of them. Then, he agrees to join, as long as he is the captain of the team. Angle accepts it and they shake hands. Samoa Joe, Kevin Nash, Kaz, Booker T and Eric Young then came out and challenge the five of them to a 10 man tag at Final Resolution, but Karen Angle says "let's do it tonight" leading to Sharmell and Karen having a cat fight.

- Christopher Daniels defeated Senshi. Elix Skipper was the guest referee. Since Daniels won, he got the briefcase that Senshi had won in the "Feast Or Fired" match at Turning Point. Hermie Sadler did guest commentary for the match.

- Team 3D (Brother Ray & Brother Devon) & Johnny Devine defeated Jay Lethal & The Motor City Machineguns (Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley) in a ladder match. It had another screwy finish.

-Kevin Nash, Samoa Joe, Booker T, Kaz & Eric Young defeated Christian Cage, Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, Tomko & Robert Roode 10 Man Tag Team Match. After the match, Angle and Roode attacked Christian. Styles tried to stop the beat down, while Tomko just left them all in the ring.

- Xplosion Match: Sonjay Dutt & Chris Harris defeated Voodoo Kin Mafia (Kip & BG James)

- For those wondering, they didn't reveal the results of the "Feast Or Fired" briefcases to the live crowd.

As a Sting mark I must say I miss Sting in TNA already.

For the spoilers, I'm just really sick of all the tag team stuff in TNA. Leave the tag team matches to the tag division.

- Christopher Daniels defeated Senshi. Elix Skipper was the guest referee. Since Daniels won, he got the briefcase that Senshi had won in the "Feast Or Fired" match at Turning Point. Hermie Sadler did guest commentary for the match.

TNA bringing back Nascar racers? What's the point?

If Senshi quit, even if it's a worked quitting, why did Daniels win his briefcase? If it's because Senshi wasn't supposed to get the pink slip, can't they just change things and have him reveal the pink slip and use that to logically write him out of TNA and get over a stipulation? Now they have to 'fire' someone else and look stupid when he comes back in a month.

I was just about to say the same thing. That made no sense at all.

It really is WCW all over again.

After reading that main event result and aftermath I have to wonder what the hell is going on in any of these angles. It sounds like they are doing about 5 different angles in one match (Joe/Nash tension, Styles playing peacemaker, Christian/Booker, Christian/Angle, Christian/Roode).

For those wondering, they didn't reveal the results of the "Feast Or Fired" briefcases to the live crowd.

Smart

If Senshi quit, even if it's a worked quitting, why did Daniels win his briefcase? If it's because Senshi wasn't supposed to get the pink slip, can't they just change things and have him reveal the pink slip and use that to logically write him out of TNA and get over a stipulation? Now they have to 'fire' someone else and look stupid when he comes back in a month.

That was my orginal thought.

Two notes from the WO coverage:

-LAX d. Black Reign and Rellik. Crowd chanted "This match sucks" when it didn't.

-Johnny Devine & Team 3D d. Jay Lethal and the Motor City Machine Guns in a six man ladder match to apparently win the X Title. I guess whichever team got the belt determined who became champ, Devine or Lethal. Lethal actually grabbed the belt but the ref was distracted and Team 3D laid out Lethal and put the belt on Devine. Bubba Ray climbed a ladder during the course of the match that broke as he was standing on it.

I certainly hope that my over optimistic "it'll come off better on TV" approach works wonders for this week. On the plus side, WO said that the main event was "solid".

I'm not usually a guy who harps on TNA or WWE a whole lot. But damn it just seems like everything has fallen apart since Bound For Glory. They really need someone to step up as a leader backstage or on creative, and give them a definitive direction to work for. Hell even Bill Watts coming in would be an improvement as atleast he'd pick something and run with it.

Oddly enough I think a Watts style promotion would be fascinating in this day and age. The problem Watts had in WCW is that he was putting forth an old school mat wrestling product that didn't appeal much to people in an era where people wanted "more sizzle with the steak" (to quote Jim Ross). The irony here is that I think Heyman took certain aspects of that approach (hard hitting wrestling, violent hardcore matches, no mats), dropped the more conservative aspects like the top rope rule, and created ECW.

Is Christian going to be a face now, again? TNA is horrible about face/heel turns. They do them so often, and so frequently, it's hard to keep up with.

Russo doesnt believe in faces and heels, he's been quoted to say that he writes wreslters as what the character would do rather than what a face or a heel would do.

Which should work in thoery...

Russo doesnt believe in faces and heels, he's been quoted to say that he writes wreslters as what the character would do rather than what a face or a heel would do.

Which should work in thoery...

In thoery Communism should work as well Lisa, in thoery

I'm pretty sure it was Homer who said that :S

--Just a clarification when it comes to TNA on a taping report. Jay Lethal is still the X division champion. The ladder match that airs on tomorrow night's television is for possession of the belt. But it was not a title match. If you can make sense out of that, you're a better man than I. How can the promotion sanction a match where "the belt" is at stake as opposed to ordering "the belt" go to the champion. And they wonder why they are down to 1-2% of their TV audience buying their PPV shows.