TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Krankor

TSM Fantasy Baseball 2008

Trade number twenty-three of the season,

DIABEETUS acquires Andre Ethier OF

Band of Broheims acquires Vernon Wells OF and Ken Griffey Jr. OF

Guest Vitamin X

"The Cellar" is now something of an ironic name, considering I occupy this place. The battle for last place is next week! And the worst part is, having the #1 pick this year is going to be the worst because Popick is taking off, so an expansion team or two will take that spot anyways. :(

Trade deadline deal days have begun!

Six days left!

Trade number twenty-four of the season,

Team Random Hero acquires Matt Holliday OF

Team DL acquires Jason Bay OF and Carlos Lee OF

I've convinced myself that I have an outside shot at the playoffs if I can pick up some pitching before the deadline. I'm willing to offer up some of the young studs I have (Andy LaRoche, Jeff Clement, Lastings Milledge) as bait. Any takers?

I'm probably not done making roster moves yet. I finally had to just say enough is enough with Ian Snell. He has been a huge disappointment this year.

I think everyone down to and including Pawtucket Red Sox has an outside shot at the playoffs. Pawtucket is only 6.5 games back from 6th. So there's about 8 teams battling for that 6th playoff spot. If Band of Broheims and Layden Express happen to get destroyed a few weeks in a row then it could potentially be a 10 team battle for 3 playoff spots.

Things have also gotten fairly tight between the top 3 teams also. Things are beginning to get very very interesting...

I'm probably done trading at this point. My teams biggest weakness has been driving in runs and the long ball, Griffey and Wells give me some much needed outfield depth and hopefully some decent run production. Statistically and head to head wise I have one of if not the best pitching staff in the league, knock on wood, and I'm in good shape as long as I can go .500 or pull some ties on offense in a given week. I'm also pleased with a couple of FA pickups I made last week, grabbing Brandon Inge to platoon with Kurt Suzuki at catcher, and picking up Matt Capps to fill a DL spot. Suzuki has been serviceable, mostly just helping my weekly OBP tossing in a couple of runs and rbis and not killing me anywhere else, but Inge playing every day has a chance to be a nice upgrade with his power potential. Rivera has singlehandedly won me the save category many weeks, and Isringhausen got his job back so I should be ok as long as he doesn't completely lose his shit again, I don't even care if he gives up some runs and has a high whip as long as he gets saves, my starters generally carry me in the percentages anyway. Capps is good insurance if he comes back down the stretch though.

Looking at potential keepers, it's possible I might go 90-100% pitching. Webb, Joba, Garza and Floyd are locks at this point. Rivera is close to it. I don't have a single sure thing on the hitting side. Chipper, Giambi and Damon were picked with one and done intention, Pena has been a disapointment, I'd like to keep Cano, but his first half slumps and high price might turn me off unless he goes absolutely bonkers the rest of the way. My Hawaiian duo of Victorino and Suzuki look like the best bets right now, and neither one blows me away.

B

and Im looking forward to my long awaited rise to first place on Monday.

So, how'd that work out for you?

It looked like Cellar wasnt gonna meet the minimum IP until the last day and only beat it by 1 IP. And the ties on both ERA and WHIP were just outright crazy (only teams to tie WHIP this year so far) when I had him beat in both categories by a wide margin only to get a piss poor start from Doug Davis..ugh

"The Cellar" is now something of an ironic name, considering I occupy this place. The battle for last place is next week! And the worst part is, having the #1 pick this year is going to be the worst because Popick is taking off, so an expansion team or two will take that spot anyways. :(

Why? Someone will just take over my team with my keepers and my finish, so they should just start from where this team left off.

FIGHT FOR YOUR CELLAR VICTORY!

('Sides, I'll probably be back in a year. The first year of PhD school is rough.)

As of right now there is one confirmed vacancy for next season. So obviously, the new incoming team would have the first pick like the 3 new teams this season.

Trade number twenty-five of the season,

Team Random Hero acquires BJ Upton 2B/OF

Mighty Quails acquires Justin Duchscherer SP/RP and Francisco Rodriguez RP

Rickie Weeks is on the trading block for any interested teams.

Guest Vitamin X

Why? Someone will just take over my team with my keepers and my finish, so they should just start from where this team left off.

FIGHT FOR YOUR CELLAR VICTORY!

('Sides, I'll probably be back in a year. The first year of PhD school is rough.)

Oh, rock on.

Meet your doom, SteakGrowsOnDmitri! This is going to be hard since I'm winning in typical Wet Sox fashion: 5-3-2! The definition of mediocre! Thankfully, I have Serenity before we face off, and then immediately after, I face Pawtucket Red Sox who beat me 11-1 earlier this year.

Guest Vitamin X

Not if Chad "Eternal Slump" Tracy and Alex "What a stupid trade I made" Gordon have anything to say about it!

Just so everyone knows, I'm throwing the noon weekly deadline out the window this week for trades since the last day to complete a trade is Sunday. I'm going to be quite busy during the day Saturday and Sunday but I will be online during the evenings so any trades that comes through should get processed very quickly.

So, if you think you have a deal that might get accepted you better check your teams lineup well before the Midnight PST roster set deadline.

Also, I seem to have three 2nd basemen. Rickie Weeks and Freddy Sanchez are up for trade. I'd like some sort of starting pitcher.

EDIT on 8/9/08

Trade number twenty-six of the season,

Team Random Hero acquires Brad Penny SP

The Cellar acquires Rickie Weeks 2B

Guest Vitamin X

For anyone who's interested, I finally went ahead and dropped Todd Helton as well as Alex Gordon. Between him and Pujols, I had no idea the Helton would be the one to be total damaged goods for the majority of the season and so I guess I traded off the wrong guy. Anyways, Helton does heat up sometimes late in the summer, so he might be a good utility player or backup first base for one of you playoff contenders.

I started my firesale a couple weeks ago, but it is going to go into full swing pretty soon. I placed a huge amount of guys on my trading block, and I am willing to take any lower-round picks or prospects for them, pretty much. I'm pretty set with my pitching and I think that's the bulk of players I'm going to have around as keepers, but if there's a great offer for one of my guys, I might look into it.

I just spent 15 minutes staring at my roster and I realized most of my keepers that I intend to keep are all really young and talented.

McCann - 24

Braun - 24 (25 in Nov)

Gonzalez 26

Parra - 25 (26 in Oct)

Teixeira - 28

McCann is the best hitting catcher in the league and Braun Gonzalez and Tex are all pretty much guaranteed 30/100 or better threats (Plus Tex might playing in Baltimore next year..hmm..) Parra has the stuff to replace Vazquez pretty well though his WHIP is a bit high for my liking..

Only Nathan, who Im keeping because hes one of the top closers in baseball is older at 34. I decided Im keeping Parra over Vazquez to take advantage of his youth and lower round draft position (8 vs 16). Im going to be set on offense next year and for a couple years to come, but pitching is going to be interesting.

Guest Vitamin X

n/p, 909. I just didn't want to use a 4th rounder on a guy who's been hitting like a Dodger for the past month or two. I should've thought through my Taveras for Gordon swap a bit better.

Guest Vitamin X

Serenity is really dropping the ball here, late. I'm TRYING to get into the cellar, man AND I ALMOST beat him! 5-7? What kind of loss is that?

Well, now it's ON. It's me vs. SteakGrowsOnDmitri for the cellar. I'm currently winning 3-1, but this will hopefully all change soon. If you're going to do something, do it right. Lose all the way or win all the way. No in between here. LET'S GO WET SOX