Hall and Nash would be back

Foley would be gone

ECW would be gone

Austin gone

WWF would be no more (WWE)

WWF would negotiate with Bret

Russo would be back

There would be a weekly pay per view

..this has to be the most changes in that time period ever right?

the closest that might even touch it would be the steriod trial/exodus of Hogan or maybe the rise of WCW but I think even those two cant hold a candle to the drastic changes that we've seen

Guest Fook_Hing_Ho

Things to go along with that list:

Failed invasion angle

The split

Ric Flair in the wwe

HBK would be back

Rock becomes a huge movie star

Guest Prince Paul

There have been many changes since Vince bought WCW. They've all been pretty abrupt changes too. Like nWo, Flair, Hogan winning the belt. And yet the product is only getting worse.

NO MORE FUCKING CHANGE! Well, no more change for the worse anyway. :)

Guest AM The Kid

And that a Mcmahon-owned football company would fail...wait, we might have know that actually.

Guest Just call me Dan

I'll tell you what, if 18 months ago you would have told me that Chris Jericho would be the first to become champion of both "companies" I would have laughed.

We all know what happened after that, but what an honor to have been one of the 2 guys to carry the actual WWF title and WCW Big Gold Belt at THE SAME TIME in any wrestling event!

Guest Austin3164life

Yeah, there have been a great deal of changes in the North American wrestling world. Most of them seem to have been for the worse........

Guest wolverine

"vince would buy WCW"

18 months ago (Dec. 2000), the WWF's negotiations to buy WCW had pretty much ended, but I believed there was always a chance if the Bischoff deal didn't go through.

"Hogan would be back ..AND have the title"

I always knew Hogan would be back. And when he came back, he was sure to get the title.

"Hall and Nash would be back"

Yeah, I think it was pretty obvious that they would be back when their contracts were up in 2002.

"Foley would be gone"

I figured he would make a career as an author, but didn't think he'd leave completely.

"ECW would be gone"

Yes, they were going under 18 months ago.

"Austin gone"

Absolutely not. This is the biggest shock of the list.

"WWF would be no more (WWE)"

Well, in their prospectus after they filed their IPO in 1999, it did mention something about the initials WWF and a possible court battle with World Wildlife Fund over the name and it affecting their business.

"WWF would negotiate with Bret"

Sure, WCW just fired him 18 months ago, and I figured that one day the two sides would meet.

"Russo would be back"

Nah, didn't think he'd be back.

"There would be a weekly pay per view"

No way.

Guest The Superstar

It's really surprising to see the number of changes. But of course, 18 months ago I had stopped watching (don't ask...), but still. Austin leaving is definetly the biggest shocker.

Guest Michael Joel Benoit

Here's a non-wrestling event that was unbeliveable: Terrorists use American airplanes as missles to bring down New York City's tallest buildings killing thousands and attack the military heart of the United States.

Guest Choken One

Nah...Nothing Shocking there...just look at your $20 Bill and fold it into a airplane and it shows THE WTC/PENTAGON on fire...that was thought of before hand.

Guest Sandman9000

I'm amazed that in the span of eighteen months, in a way, WCW, ECW, and the WWF, the big three wrestling companies, could all be dead.

edit- post 420! If I actually smoked, it might mean something.