TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest BoboBrazil

A Forum To Post Matches For Download

Guest admin

If i am not mistaken, i beleive its Illegal to download or distribute these right? If so then posting them here would make us responsible for it.(bad thing) However if we used an IRC chatroom and you guys had the file or whatever you could do whatever you want in an IRC chatroom.

Guest BoboBrazil

I don't think it is illegal. I've seen many forums like this that people post matches on for download. The site isn't responsible for what people post on their forums. If WWF complains to you about it, then you could just tell people to only post matches from other feds and not from the WWF.

Guest J*ingus

The WW(F)E will complain about any use of WW(F)E or WCW footage if the know about it, they have a bizarre sixth sense in finding these things out, and they complain through their lawyers. It's not a good idea.

Guest areacode212

An entire folder for this would be overkill, don't you think? How about if we pinned a thread about it in, say, the Tape Trading folder?

Guest BoboBrazil

Yeah, if the WWF complains then we can still post ECW matches, indy matches, and matches from Japan. I think it deserves its own folder. I don't think it would be overkill, because from my experience going to forums that have matches for download are that they are very popular. 1 thread would not be sufficient. I would rather have this than a food forum, which is pretty pointless in my opinion.

Guest areacode212

OK--I don't have a problem starting up this folder. God knows I could use more matches w/o having to pay for comp tapes. What do the rest of you think?

Guest KingOfOldSchool

I like the idea, and I welcome a place to d/l matches outside of the old stand-by options.

But for now, keep it as a pinned topic in Tape Trading. If it does well/gets a good reaction, then that's when a different folder should be considered.

Guest BoboBrazil

The problem with it being a post in the tape trading forum is that noone will even know it is there, unless they go in there to see about trading tapes, so it won't get much action. It needs its own forum.

Guest KingOfOldSchool

... Or just change the Tape Trading title and description to include downloadable matches.

Guest RetroRob215

I think if given it's own folder plenty of people will use it. A lot of people on this board have asked about downloading matches.

Guest areacode212

Do any of you guys with good tape collections have access to FTP servers & such where matches could be uploaded?

Guest BoboBrazil

Most of the people on the match download forums I go to use free webhosts to post matches and services like streamload. You can also post matches that are already being hosted on the internet that you've found.

Guest DrTom

The problem is, it's quite illegal. If the board establishes it and facilitates a forum for it, then those who administer the board are legally responsible for violating WWE's copyrights. I hate to sound like a wet blanket, but that's how copyright law works, especially in the post-DMCA world. Do it if you want to or feel you must out of some sense of civic duty, but don't say I didn't warn you when WWE comes calling.

People: if you really want do download matches, get a P2P file-sharing client. It's not like they're difficult to find and use. If you're stuck with non-broadband internet, you're going to be downloading slowly, be it here or on WinMX or Kazaa.

Guest The Vanilla Midget

this forum is pretty good for d/l matches

John John Multimedia

its mostly wwe stuff, but i have managed to get a few decent puro matches as well.