TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

1986 TSM Baseball Simulation League

FYI:

- What happens in the event of a tie for a Division Winner, Wild Card spot, or home-field advantage?

Tiebreakers for a 2-way tie are, in order:

- Head-to-head record

- Run differential

- Coin flip

Tiebreakers for a 3-way tie are, in order:

- Best record vs. teams within division

- Run differential

- Coin flip

Good,because we might need those for the west. I'm tied with the Ice Hoes, but I think I have more head to head wins after sweeping them the last 2 times.

EDIT: Yep, 14-7. Only JHawk has a better record than me, head to head, but he's 13-5, so hopefully he doesn't tie me. I have to play him in 6 of the final 12 games. :(

FYI:

- What happens in the event of a tie for a Division Winner, Wild Card spot, or home-field advantage?

Tiebreakers for a 2-way tie are, in order:

- Head-to-head record

- Run differential

- Coin flip

Tiebreakers for a 3-way tie are, in order:

- Best record vs. teams within division

- Run differential

- Coin flip

Coin flip? That's lame. They should just play an extra game like in real life.

They probably couldn't put in the programming for the simulation to take into account an extra regular season game.

And for those with playoff aspirations (not me), the playoffs will be simulated two games at a time. I was kinda hoping it'd be one game a day to build up some drama but at least they won't be simulating each series in one day. Semis are best of five and finals are best of seven.

It stinks when your team is 4 games over .500 at home and 24 games under .500 on the road.

The only drama now is whether or not they'll score 28 runs in the final 12 games to get 600. Worst offense ever.

Oh, and Valenzuela will probably be a few IP short of 300 by the end of the season..

I just got swept. :(

Molitor and Gwynn stink. They can't even give me a decent on-base%. Not that Alan Tramell is much better, but 65 Walks and 20 HRs is something.

That's after I took 2/3 from ya too... Well, at least I can make a charge at 2nd place!

Only this division would give me (2nd in RA) a chance at 2nd freakin' place.

0.500 at Home but 0.427 on the road :(

JHawk takes 2 of 3 from me, so it's me and JHawk/Hellraisers tied at 1 game back of Smues' Ice Hoes with me having 3 left against the Ice Hoes and the Hellraisers playing their final 3 vs. the Woodside Clippers.

My chances are not looking good, despite my good record against the Ice Hoes. WHoever finishes in 3rd in the West is guaranteed no worse than a tie for 3rd best record in the league, but will not make the playoffs. :(

Handicapping the final series.

CENTRAL:

Montreal has a one game lead with three left. The head-to-head is tied, so the second tiebreaker is run differential. Montreal is +19, St. Paul is +9. St. Paul will almost certainly need to overtake Montreal by two games to win.

WEST:

Anchorage has a one game lead on both Moreno Valley and Ohio. The Ohio Hellraisers have both the head-to-head and vs. division tiebreakers locked up, so they just need to tie someone to advance. Whoever wins the Anchorage/Moreno Valley series will guarantee a playoff spot. The Ohio Hellraisers need to win two of three to guarantee a playoff spot. Ohio holds all the tiebreakers, while Anchorage has lost the season series to both Ohio and Moreno Valley.

Playoffs are set.

Montreal Royals vs. Hillsdale Daisies

Ohio Hellraisers vs. Anchorage Ice Hoes

Hellraisers won the Wild Card by tiebreak over Mattitude.

Awards

MVP

Hubie Brooks, Hellraisers

Cy Young

Tom Henke, Royals

Gold Gloves

P: Bert Blyleven, Clippers

C: Lance Parrish, Royals

1B: Don Mattingly, Bibles

2B: Ryne Sandberg, Ice Hoes

3B: Mike Schmidt, Ice Hoes

SS: Tony Fernandez, Royals

OF: Rickey Henderson, Oaks; Kirby Puckett, Clippers; Dale Murphy, Royals

And biggest underachiever goes to my team! I finished eight games under my pythagorean as a league worst 23-33 in one run games did me in.

Congrats to the Royals.

Not only do I not make the playoffs, my pitcher gets screwed out of a Cy Young award. :(

The game really loved Hubie Brooks.

Guest Smues

Huzzah backing into the playoffs hard core. I'm sure my 2nd half record was like 20-55 or something god awful. I can't believe I still finished with the best record in the league without ever making a move outside of 2 preseason pickups. I fully expect to get swept out of the first round, and what the crap is with playing a team in my own division, who had the 2nd best overall record when I'm the 1 seed? WEAK. I'm guessing it's because they defaulted the wildcard to the #4 seed, but still, WEAK.

Playoffs kicked off last night. Took my first two games, both on walk-off victories. Won game one with a walkoff single after Kent Tekulve lost the lead in the top of the inning. Game two saw Jose Cruz hit a grand slam in the ninth to win 9-8! Now it's off to Olympic Stadium for games three and four.

Now I just need to figure out why my Yankee Stadium playoff games are only drawing 27000.

Guest Smues

Hey look at that I won a playoff game. Didn't expect that to happen the way my team has been playing lately, but I'll take it. I fully expect to get swept in Cleveland, but at least we took one at Fulton County Stadium.