TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

1986 TSM Baseball Simulation League

An additional feature that I just found is if you click on a player's name on your roster screen to view their player card there is a Strategy Settings option for each player. You can set things such as having a slow or quick hook for a starter or to avoid using someone against a left or right handed hitter/pitcher.

Apparently I was mistaken about the roster limit as people have been able to add to their roster without releasing a player. When I saw the rule the FAQ for 28 man rosters my assumption was that you could have up to 28 players with 3 injured players but there is no 25 man limit. The brief waiver period is already over so it is a free for all now to pick up players. In the interest of fairness I'm going to hold off on adding anyone until most of you are aware you can do this.

I ran a quick simulation using Strat-O-Matic with the original drafted 25 man rosters. To run it as quick as possible I let the computer decide the line ups and rotations including for my own team. Also didn't bother matching up the schedule as that would have taken forever and I didn't run a playoff. But here were the final standings.

East

Oakland 86-76

Salisbury 86-76

Boston 76-86

Hillsdale 68-94

Central

Montreal 96-66

St. Paul 81-81

Bronx 75-87

Tijuana 75-87

West

Anchorage 89-73

Moreno Valley 86-76

Ohio 78-84

Woodside 76-86

I would take all of this with a grain of salt but I was surprised by how poorly Al's team faired.

I picked up Barry Larkin to play SS, Shawon Dunston as a backup, Vince Coleman (100 SBs, poor stats elsewise) to be a pinch runner, Tom Brunansky as a DH vs lefties and another starting pitcher.

Im all set and ready to go.

I actually erased the league but I'm pretty sure I remember your pitching being the issue but also you have little to no power in your line up.

Funny thing about that simulation though...I forgot to turn the DH option on. Whoops! So I ran another simulation with the DH option on and here's what it turned out.

East

Hillsdale 80-82

Oakland 79-83

Salisbury 78-84

Boston 67-95

Central

St. Paul 95-67

Montreal 83-79

Tijuana 81-81

Bronx 70-92

West

Anchorage 91-71

Moreno Valley 85-77

Woodside 82-80

Ohio 81-81

Again this probably all means nothing. This was again with the original drafted rosters and a few teams have already made several changes. One interesting thing is how well the two auto drafted teams in the West have faired.

I went 2-1 vs the Oaks, and in the first game Dave Winfield was a HR short of the Cycle.

My favorite quote so far on the come from behind 9th inning rally to win the 3rd game:

MarvinisaLunatic was in great spirits in his post-game interview. Yet, when

asked about his feelings after the thrilling comeback victory, he

volunteered, 'I'll tell you this much - I know how my counterpart, Bored,

feels right now - and it's not very good. It's terrible when you come up on

the short end of one of these!'

Man... I was able to score runs but my bullpen completely failed me. I was actually up 9-2 in game 1 at one point.

Also sucks that I got 3 injuries in the first 2 games... the hell!?! Blah.

At least I managed to eek out the win in the 3rd game of the series though.

Ugh, Todd Worrell blows his first save opportunity of the year to cost me the series. But hey through three games Gary Gaetti is league MVP so that's something.

TOUCH EM ALL AGAIN JOE CARTER! (3 Run HR (3) in the 10th to win the middle game and missed the cycle by a 1B) MVP! MVP!

unfortunately..I lost 2 of 3 to the Americans and now in a gaggle with the rest of the east at 3-3.

its early though

and Ive got Eric Davis on a pace to break the SOM SB record for a season (164), he is 10/12 through 6 games.

My team has been great offensively, currently leading the league in Runs Score but I'm also second in Runs Allowed which isn't as pleasing a statistic.

I'm also surprised at scoring so many runs considering my team is hitting a combined .232/.322/.409.

Is PC in the box score for a pitcher Pitch Count? Cause if it is, in one of the games from yesterday The Americans had their starter (M Scott) go 9 innings and had a PC of 174 (he did have 13 ks and 3 BB)..that cant be right though?

and my team is hitting at a .233/.308/.480 clip and if it weren't for Joe Carter (.478/.520/1.174) that would be MUCH worse

and I had to pull Hershiser from the starting rotation and replace him with Jim Deshales...we'll see how that works.

That sounds right and ya know... Mike Scott is a horse and can handle it.

He had 13 games on 3 days rest and 17 on 4 days rest in 1986. He also went at least 8 IP in 18 of his starts.

Some of the decisons by the computer are questionable. One that helped my team win the first game.

The Kingdome is insane. 20 home runs in 3 games.

One of the reasons that Rob Deer is starting the first game. I also wanted to give Paul Molitor a game off.

Is PC in the box score for a pitcher Pitch Count? Cause if it is, in one of the games from yesterday The Americans had their starter (M Scott) go 9 innings and had a PC of 174 (he did have 13 ks and 3 BB)..that cant be right though?

and my team is hitting at a .233/.308/.480 clip and if it weren't for Joe Carter (.478/.520/1.174) that would be MUCH worse

and I had to pull Hershiser from the starting rotation and replace him with Jim Deshales...we'll see how that works.

Jimmy D for Orel? Yeesh. Really though 1986 was about Jimmy's high point (that or '88) and Orel didn't hit it big until what, 1988 or '89? As for Scott, he basically was the starting pitching for the 'Stros (Nolan had a good year but IIRC injuries shortened his year a bit) and was pretty much the definition of "dominant". He'll probably win you 20 at least depending on how many SPs you have in your rotation.