TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JN News

Ole Anderson in 1993 WCW

I've been doing a little bit of research of WCW in 1993, when the 1993 Four Horsemen formed with Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Ole Anderson, & Paul Roma, I do believe that Ole Anderson was somewhat MIA for the major brief part of that Horsemen variation.

Was Ole Anderson busy contemplating his future in wrestling, or something? Where was he?

I think Ole Anderson only made one appearance with the new Horseman. Anderson had been out of the business and working behind the scenes for close to five years at that point. I don't think there were any plans of putting him on tv for an extended period.

This may have coincided with his dismissal at the hands of new Vice President Eric Bischoff, but I don't recall the timelines well enough to vouch for that with any certainty.

I though Ole was WCW 4 life B-)

I recall a telecast where Jesse Ventura asked Schiavone (I think) about Ole's whereabouts, and Tony said that Ole was working "behind the scenes" in a sort of management capacity for the Four Horsemen.

I can see why Ole wanted to retire from the ring. He was obviously getting older, and was probably questioning to himself if whether or not he could take any more punishment in the ring.

I think Ole Anderson only made one appearance with the new Horseman. Anderson had been out of the business and working behind the scenes for close to five years at that point. I don't think there were any plans of putting him on tv for an extended period.

This may have coincided with his dismissal at the hands of new Vice President Eric Bischoff, but I don't recall the timelines well enough to vouch for that with any certainty.

I though Ole was WCW 4 life B-)

I think this is pretty much it. Ole was a booker at the time but they wanted to have all the original Horsemen appear at Slamboree so he made an appearance there. Of course they couldn't meet Tully's demands making the whole thing for naught. I don't know if Tully wanted a regular spot on the roster at that point (I know he did when he appeared at Slamboree the next year which is why he refused to job to Funk when they didn't give him a contract), but it would have been fun to see a Blonds-Tully/Arn feud. But the point is, after Slamboree, there wasn't much reason for Ole to have an on-camera role. I suppose he could have appeared on TV in a managerial role but that kind of deal only works with heels. I know I would never cheer for Ole Anderson. That dude's mean.

I have a vague memory of Ole being one of three 'judges' for a Sting/Rick Rude match.

Time frame unknown but it is probably 91-92. I was more WWF then than WCW but I still watched.

yea that makes sense, cuz he was a WCW refereee in 1992-early 93.