TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The98thRedBalloon

D-X, Stay the Hell Away

Guest The98thRedBalloon

For anyone who remembers, I wrote a long rant about a month and a half ago pleading the anti-Hunter case. I was flamed to no end. I said that if he proved me wrong, I'd come back and talk about how much of an idiot I am. I didn't expect to have to do that, and I don't. Trips is now not only annoying, involved in pointless storylines, and detremental to ANYONE'S upward momentum in the fed, he's now ALSO boring in the ring. Well, really glad to see him back. Glad he saved that main event scene there. I wonder why the Undisputed Champion of the world is jerking the curtain nowadays? Hmm...but in any case, this isn't about Trip. This is about that stale old knock-off of a stale old knock-off, Degeneration-X.

I've heard lots of speculation that Triple-H will join the nWo. In fact, my Government teacher even stopped me in the hall to offer his opinion on how it's going to happen. I've also heard lots of speculation that D-X will reform and feud with the nWo. Either way, I see D-X on TV...if Triple-H joins the nWo, I don't think they'll be able to resist making it some sort of D-nWo hybrid. I hope to god that neither of those two events happens. Why? Well, lets run down the D-X roster.

Triple-H: His best stuff was probably during the D-X period. However, last time I checked, that was about four Wrestlemania's ago. Of course, he's not really worth going off about here - he'll be stinking up main events no matter what. Moving on.

HBK - while I'd like to see him around in a non-wrestling sense, this isn't the way. He can't get back into the ring, it's too late for that. And he can't be controlled. Then again, Hall and Nash are around, so that doesn't seem to count for much.

Chyna - it's bad enough that we have the poor man's Chyna (Jazz, not Aysa) running around now. I'd rather see Mae Young.

Road Dogg - he had his chance to impress us, it's gone with his sobriety. But were D-X to reconvine, he'd be back in a matter of minutes. An in-ring return for Armstrong would make Goldust look like Steamboat.

Billy Gunn - he's more over than he has been in years by playing Chuck Palumbo's homosexual lover. Do I need to say any more?

X-Pac: Oh god, no. Please, for the love of god, no. Make me watch Rikishi vs. Big Show in a swimsuit competition before X-Pac gets another push.

Am I forgetting anybody here? Oh yeah...

Mike Tyson: I only want him in a WWF ring if he's jobbing to David Arquette.

We have the nWo back, we didn't need it. Let's not get the imitation back at the same time, ok? Was the turnout too high for the Lifehouse tour that featured The Calling on warm-up? I don't think so. (If you don't get that, ah well.)

If things keep going as they are, Vince McMahon "killing" the WWF won't just be a storyline anymore. The WWF should see that every time they get more popular, they BUILD NEW STARS. Pulling in stars of the past for cheap recognition is the WCW way, and look what happened. Only they'll be no one around to pick up the remnants this time.

Guest Tony149

They might have a little D-X in the nWo. If HHH isn't involved, then HBK & X-Pac will.

Guest muswp1

D-X will not reform for a couple of reasons:

1) Not enough members left (Chyna and Road Dogg are gone, probably for good.)

2) X-Pac is definately going NWO.

3) With only Billy Gunn and HHH, it won't work.

It would be better if HHH went after Hogan by himself and left Billy Gunn in purgatory.

Guest goodhelmet

Here's a thought. instead of rehashing old groups and gimmicks from the past, why doesn't the WWF do the creative thing and create new stables, new stars annd new storylines instead of rehashing the same old crap.

I love HBK's work more than anyone but I saw his last match live when he was running TWA. Stay retired.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21
Here's a thought. instead of rehashing old groups and gimmicks from the past, why doesn't the WWF do the creative thing and create new stables, new stars annd new storylines instead of rehashing the same old crap.

HAHAHAHAHA

If you worked for the WWF...you'd be fired.

New stars...HAHAHAHAHA

Guest goodhelmet

I would be fired. The WWF has no faith in the wrestling fan to be intellectually stimulated. But after arguing with some of these Hogan marks, can you really blame them?

Guest Juvydriver

I was just remembering, fondly, the oWn.  The nightly ****1/2 star tag team matches involving Warrior and The Disciple.  I'll never forget the night that those two battled Hogan and Bischoff in a 30 minute epic that had the fans on their feet.

I say bring back the oWn, bring back Tenta, Kamala and Typhoon.  The wrestling world needs more big fat guys clogging up the ring.  These memories almost bring a tear to my eyes.

Ok, so I'm kidding.  I'm actually looking forward to the appearance of the nWo.  But after Scott Hall says, "Hey Yo!" once, they can go.

Juvy

Guest Tony149

It's kinda werid the WWF only hires writers with back-grounds in Hollywood, when most of the good idea's come from message boards.

Guest goodhelmet

But then again look at most of the crap that's on tv these days, not exactly stimilating brain food, or even entertaining. Maybe they should hire a writer who (surprise, surprise) understands and loves good wrestling!

Guest Tony149

They just need a writer who will tell Vince his idea's suck and Steph should be off TV.

Guest goodhelmet

That's the sad thing about us message board bookers. Our ideas are better but the WWF has no desire (how ironic) to listen to their core fans. They prefer writers from b-level sitcoms and dramas but don't have the talent to pull off the drama.

I doubt the WWf even have a regular staff of writers. HHH, Steph and Vince probably stay in bed, incestuously, deciding who's going to get the most tv time for that week and write the dialogue between the three of them.

Guest Tony149

Bps21, if the WWF was the F.B.I., they'll probably have reports on you and your anti-HHH stuff. :)

Guest The Vanilla Midget

they'd probably have files on all of us.  we probably amount to some small, crazy right-wing militia in their eyes.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Someone (of the thousands of employees WWFE has) has to monitor this thing.

Guest KingOfMen

[q]Triple-H: His best stuff was probably during the D-X period. However, last time I checked, that was about four Wrestlemania's ago. Of course, he's not really worth going off about here - he'll be stinking up main events no matter what. Moving on.[/q]

Did you sleep through Royal Rumble 2000, No Way Out 2000, Fully Loaded 2000, and No Way Out 2001?

Guest goodhelmet

"they'd probably have files on all of us.  we probably amount to some small, crazy right-wing militia in their eyes."

Nah man, the WWF is the crazed right winged militia. We're the liberal radical leftist group who cares about the common good of the people.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Did you sleep through Royal Rumble 2000, No Way Out 2000, Fully Loaded 2000, and No Way Out 2001?

Isn't it funny how HHH can only have great matches with great wrestlers...but he can't even have a decent match with a bad wrestler...

Tell tale signs of needing to be carried.

Guest goodhelmet

i don't remember El Gigante-Flair. There's no way that's over 1/4*. Flair really is GOD!

Guest Tony149

Oh, it happened. I've read reports that Flair actually carried El Gigante to a *** match.

Guest Brian

"They just need a writer who will tell Vince his idea's suck and Steph should be off TV."

Heyman did that and it created a huge backlash. I won't go to far into this but I think everything in the WWF is now McMahon playing big boss and power plays with the rest of his writing team.

Guest goodhelmet

The problem with Heyman is that for every good idea he has (Benoit-Jericho elevation) he creates just as much crap (justin Credible elevation). Someone like Patterson or Brisco needs to explain how Vince's daughter is a piss poor writer. Unfortunately, the stooge gimmick is art imitating life. At least Shane O Mac has disappeared for awhile!

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I likew Shane O'Mac the wrestler.

He busts his ass out there.

Guest Tony149

I'd rather have Shane on TV then Steph. At least he'll bump his ass around and doesn't do much over-acting like Steph.

Guest goodhelmet

"I likew Shane O'Mac the wrestler.

He busts his ass out there."

But that dancing negates any positive bump the guy ever took. It was kinda cool seeing a McMahon get thrown through glass by Angle though.

Coming soon to King of the Ring 2002- Kurt Angle vs. Steph in a street fight with breaking glass and shooting star presses on trashcans. Steph being suplexed into glass panes would ROCK!