TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RedJed

Impact Spoilers for 3/20

Results for Thursday's show:

Jim Cornette announced Angle vs. Joe and a Lethal Lockdown (War Games style) match for Lockdown with a four-on-four with Christian Cage and Tomko picking the teams. Styles attacked Christian and Nash saved, so that should give one member.

Curry Man b Petey Williams

Samoa Joe said if he didn't win the title, you wouldn't see him on Impact again

Black Reign & Rellik b Sabin & Shelley. Super Eric caem out after

Kurt Angle b Kaz in a strong match

Karen said she wanted a separation. Kurt was happy saying it would give him time to focus on beating Joe. Karen then started crying.

Lance Hoyt & Jimmy Rave & Christy Hemme b LAX & Salinas

Gail Kim b Velvet Sky - Kong beatdown Kim after the match until ODB saved

Kevin Nash & Christian Cage b Styles & Tomko via DQ when Team 3-D interfered. So they are in the match. They also attacked Joel from Survivor

----

Ok, so we have as (what one would think) a given of Joe over Angle at Lockdown........who knows though, but call me pessimistic, but the Karen Angle storyline smells of swerve, akin to the Joe/Angle match from, shit, August (not sure on the time of that)? I am rather confident that it will be clean match and if anything, the schmoz in that match will be Karen helping Joe to win, thus negating the point of waiting this damn long to give Joe the belt (yes I admit I am a Joe mark).

Not sure how 3D got involved in the primary angle but whatever, its TNA ----- what the fuck......

And what exactly is a "strong match?"

EDIT - these are for 3/13 actually, my bad - can someone change up the header?

Karen said she wanted a separation. Kurt was happy saying it would give him time to focus on beating Joe. Karen then started crying.

HAHAHA, Kurt is an awesome dick heel. I guess TNA is finally going to give Joe the ball and let him run with it. Speaking of which, how long has Angle held the belt now, anyways?

Knowing TNA though, Karen will probably do a run-in, swerve, and help Kurt retain the belt. Joe can be screwed by Karen Angle, TWICE!

The better play would be Karen attempting to do that, but Joe expecting it after last time, then going on to win the belt.

Yeah, no need to make Joe look stupid again.

Strong = good. Have you guys seriously never heard that term?

I know what you mean now, but I almost thought we were going to see some LARRRIATOOOOs from Angle and/or Kaz.

Yeah, no need to make Joe look stupid again.

Strong = good. Have you guys seriously never heard that term?

I know what you mean now, but I almost thought we were going to see some LARRRIATOOOOs from Angle and/or Kaz.

I personally wouldn't mind a BACK DROP DRIVAAAAAH or a AXE BOMAAAAAAAAA!

As per, the card looks good. The stuff in between seems balls.

Black Reign & Rellik b Sabin & Shelley. Super Eric caem out after

The punishment continues...

So TNA is doing the same thing they did awhile ago when Angle and Joe feuded and had Karen pist off at Angle? Eh maybe they'll be a better pay off.

I know this is kind of a while ago now, but you know what really annoys me about Impact? How they never tie up their loose ends or follow any kind of reasonable timeline.

Like Jay Lethal makes a huge deal out of asking out SoCal Val, to the point of treating it like a marriage proposal, and then they don't get around to going out for 3 weeks? Even though she's following him around every week? WTF! Obviously, they just didn't have time for the segment so they moved it forward, but how stupid is that?

Or the "initiation" with Scott Steiner and Petey Williams. So he puts a hood on him, handcuffs him, and.....?!? Are they just going to go forward with clips from the initiation this week like it's all the same day? They couldn't fit that in somewhere?

Or Karen Angle. She tells AJ Styles she really wants to talk to him, but she just has to talk to Kurt first. So she goes out and tells Kurt she wants a separation. AJ Styles is in the main event, so we assume there's going to be something big between them to finish the show, right? No. The main event angle is that the Dudleyz are going to team with AJ and Tomko at the next PPV. The Dudleyz that just lost a comedy match to freakin' Shark Boy at the last PPV! Who cares! Like they couldn't have just announced that in the middle of the show some week.

Honestly, when it comes to storylines and TNA...TNA jumped the sharkboy a long time ago.

Guest LuckyLopez

I don't think the last criticism is fair. Karen and AJ wasn't the point there. She was there to make an announcement to Kurt. Her speaking to AJ was just something personal between them. So there was no need to do it on screen, especially when AJ has a main event, Tomko is on his ass to focus, and Karen is presumably very upset that Kurt would be happy about the separation instead of the shock and fear that she probably wanted. Lethal Lockdown IS a major story as its the co-Main Event of Lockdown. And presuming they're going in the direction that they seem (Nash being taken out, Cage all alone) it is a major story that will probably be a if not the focus of Impact the next 2 weeks at least.

Even if Karen's talk with AJ basically leads to them growing closer and that being what finally gets Angle's attention and destroys the Alliance, it still in no way needed to happen on Impact. And I think anything short of Karen going to AJ for comfort and Tomko getting furious at him would have been out of character. You can easily tell the same story next week and now the Cage vs Team Tomko story is in play. (Note: I'm terrified that "Karen finds comfort in the arms of AJ" becomes the story of "Joe vs Angle" instead of just waiting until after Lockdown to pay off.)

Now the silly aspect of Lethal and Val not going on their first date until 3 weeks after they agree to it? That's stupid. Wrestling's always been retardedly insulated with these sort of stories. WWE all the time has relationships that seem to exist only on Monday nights. But TNA does seem to drag out even further because of their basic time constraints. The main event angles are the only ones that never get cut on a given week and when its personal issues that they didn't need the Impact Zone for it seems silly.

Which is weird because one of the things I really like about TNA is that they seem to be aware of the idea that the wrestlers should continue to exist beyond the story and the ring and that guys in the back seem to be friends, come to each other's aid, maintain their dislike for each other, etc. But like any company TNA seems willing to put that on hold when they want to show you something they didn't have time for last week.

It annoys me more that we get in depth looks at VKM each week.

Here are the spoilers for the 3/20 show waaaaaay late

TNAWrestlingNews.com reader Linda sent in this report from the Tueday iMPACT! tapings. The airdate for this show is next Thursday, March 20th, 2008. Sorry for the lateness.

Well, I have never done this before but I am going to try to send in what I remember from the tapings.

It started with a Welcome Home party complete with a bottle of champagne. Booker T came out and welcomed Sharmell back home to TNA. Sharmell came out and Booker told Sharmell that he would never put her in harm's way again. Then, Jim Cornette came out and told Booker that he didn't like how Sharmell came out and hit everyone (especially, him) with a strap at Destination X. He announced that at Lockdown, Booker T and Sharmell would face Robert Roode and Payton Banks inside Six Sides of Steel. Sharmell and Booker T were upset that she was included in the match. Booker T overturned the table with the champagne in the ring. Cornette then told him that he could take his anger out on AJ Styles who he would be facing later. They also mentioned that AJ had a seat reserved for his special guest.

Scott Steiner and Petey Williams (w/Rhaka Khan) defeated Eric Young (not Super Eric) and Kaz. Scott Steiner pinned Eric Young after Black Reign and Rellik came out onto the ramp and talked to Eric to distract him.

Tomko defeated Rhino after interference from AJ Styles. Team 3D, Tomko and AJ Styles starting beating on Rhino and Christian Cage came out to help Rhino. Christian held his hand out to Rhino and Rhino shook it. Team 3D came out and helped Tomko and AJ againstChristian and Rhino. Kevin Nash came out with a chair to help Christian and Rhino. Cornette told Team 3D that they had a match tonight against Christian and Rhino.

Sonjay Dutt defeated Homicide (w/Salinas and Hernandez) in a Lockdown X-Divison Xscape qualifying match.

AJ Styles came out to the ring and announced to everyone that he had a special guest there tonight and then he brought out Karen Angle and led her over to the seat he had reserved for her to watch his match.

Booker T (w/Sharmell) defeated AJ Styles with Karen Angle watching. Robert Roode and Payton Banks come out to bother Booker T during this match.

In a TNA Knockouts tag team match, ODB and Gail Kim defeated Angelina Love and Velvet Sky. ODB pinned Angelina.

Kurt Angle put on a sparring exhibition against four different opponents. The last one was Kory Chavis.

In the main event, Christian Cage and Rhino defeated Team 3D (w/Johnny Devine). Rhino pinned Brother Ray after a Gore. AJ Styles and Tomko came out and helped Team 3D and Johnny Devine attack Christian and Rhino. Kevin Nash, the Motor City Machine Guns, Curry Man and Sharkboy came out to help Christian and Rhino. The heels laid everyone out and then, they played Sting's

music and video. The heels fled the ring, while looking around for Sting.

In a match taped for Xplosion, Curry Man and Sharkboy defeated the Rock N Rave Infection. Curry Man pinned Jimmy Rave after the Spice Rack.

No Samoa Joe?

Apparently not, which is very odd. The way that promo was done last week made it seem that he may possibly not even be on TV until the ppv? He said something about "the next time you see me here I will be TNA champion." Weird way to book the challenger if thats the case. Perhaps weekly vignettes of him training for the match?

It's possible he's in a few segments though as the person who sent in these spoilers admitted her memory may have been scattered.

Regarding these spoilers, its interesting to note that they really still havent announced Christian's entire team (thats being held off til the live Impact) but one could assume its Christian, Nash, Rhino, and Sting v. Tomko, Styles, and Team 3D.

I'm kinda sad that they only went with 4v4 this year as a 5v5 Lethal Lockdown like last year's was more interesting and gave more chance for diversity in the lineups. I mean... Cage/Rhino/Sting/MCMG vs. AJ/Tomko/Team 3D/Devine seems alot more appealing than Cage/Rhino/Nash/Sting vs. AJ/Tomko/Team 3D... but that's just me and my hopes for Devine getting attention breaking through. It feels alot like Shelley did in the 06 Lockdown build up though...