TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sean Mooney

Rf Video

Guest Sean Mooney

I was wondering if anyone here has ever ordered RF Video tapes off their website in the last couple of months. If so, did u get ripped off? How was the video quality and how long did it take for you to get your tapes. Basically, do you recommend buying from RF Video?

Guest J*ingus

I've ordered from them twice, the last time about eight months ago, and both times it took about two months for me to get the tapes from the time I paid. The quality was watchable, but not very good, even on their own original tapes like the shoot interviews. And they're probably the most expensive tape dealer out there.

Basically, I wouldn't EVER advocate that you go to a third party tape dealer and get bootlegs of their videos on the cheap and a lot faster. Nope, would never recommend that, nosireebob.

Guest franchise632

I think we end up doing a thread like this every 6 months or so..... RF is pretty much a rip off based on prices. However they did finally go to priority shipping on everything so atleast it gets to you faster. Of course that means that you get to see how crappy the VQ is that much sooner. Rob has the money to start a fed but not enought to buy lights, good interview mics, or a half decent camera, especially shoot interviews. Some of the more recent ones are better, but if it wasnt shot at the RF office or Jim Cornettes house then the picture is gonna be iffy and sound is often a question.

So with all that said I'm in total agreement with Jingus when I say that I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE you from going to a tape dealer that could get it to you for probably half price and without losing much VQ. I know myself this is something that I would never do. I would never go on Ebay and look for them either.

Oh and one other thing Rob Feinstein is a fucking prick!!!!

Guest RobJohnstone

Honestly most tape tradeders hate rf, but when I used to buy off him often, it was all good. The only problem I have with feinstein is he got a few of my ebay auctions shut down when I was selling all my tapes a few months ago, and then when I tried to speak with him man to man, and ell him I was selling his originals and not dubs, he avoided my phone calls and aim messages. Other than that I have no problems with his tapes.

--Rob

Guest Youth N Asia

If you're getting indies you're FAR better off getting from www.smartmarkvideo.com the video quality is better and the price is much better.

If you're getting Japan buy from Jeff Lynch...way better prices and much better video quality.

My only main bitch about RF is his prices, they're way too high...you're better off getting anything he sells 2nd hand from another trader really.

Plus he sends a lot of tapes blank and without lables and he takes months to correct his mistake if he does at all.

Plus he's a dickhead who puts himself on as many of their tapes as he can...but that's another story.

Guest dreamer420

I own two RF video tapes (czw: cage of death 3, and ecw's last show ever) and the quality on those tapes are both excellant.

Guest TheDames7
I own two RF video tapes (czw: cage of death 3, and ecw's last show ever) and the quality on those tapes are both excellant.

As someone who went to CZW: Cage of Death 3 at the ECW arena and bought the RF tape, I'll disagree with you RIGHT NOW. The RF tape cuts out a TON of the things that happened, including the f'n intro to the event! From what I've heard, CZW's copy is 2 tapes, the show in its entirety from the hard camera that ECW used to use in the Eagle's Nest. I'd get it, but I'm waiting for the DVD.

Dames

Guest Zack Malibu

CZW's copy is a 2 tape, unedited set, and even includes as a bonus the Jay vs. Mark Briscoe match from last year's Best Of The Best.

Guest dreamer420

fuck, i didn't know that. ohh well, i'm standing behind my tape of ecw's last show.

Guest goodhelmet

do not order from feinstein. no good can come of it.

youth n asia summed it up perfectly. order from lynch or smartmarksvideo.

there are hundreds of people on the net willing to do trades or sell for a lot cheaper than what feinscam is doing. $25 for 1 hour tv blocks? give me a fucking break!

if nothing ese, use rfvideo as a database for tapes you want (except for comps) and order from someone else!!!

you have been warned.

(doesn't this belong in the tape trading folder? )

Guest Nevermortal

I bought a Best of Benoit tape from their Wrestling Kiosk in the Emerald Square Mall in Attelboro, MA once. The quality was good, but it was horribly overpriced (20 bucks for 4 hours!)

Guest J*ingus

Also, his catelog is perhaps the worst organized that I've ever seen, it hasn't been updated or cleaned up in years. The "search" option is dodgy at best, lots of the tapes seem to be in the wrong folders, and about half of the tapes don't have dates or anything in the titles; it's just "All + New Japan" for like two hundred different tapes. Also, RF has stolen tapes from lots of other dealers. Just ask Bob Barnett to give you a few of his favorite Feinstein stories.

Guest HBK16

I ordered from them twice. The first video was horrible. Thinking the second was going to be better I ordered from them again but it was even worse than the first one and they both took over a month to get to me. Worse...Business...Ever!

Guest franchise632
Just ask Bob Barnett to give you a few of his favorite Feinstein stories.

Speakin of good ol' Bob, what the hell happend to that guy, who used to post on the old smark board, any time this topic came up he always had some good stuff to share.

Guest Black Tiger

I haven't dealt with RF in a while but last I heard RF was using cheap tapes and they were actually fucking up people's VCRs.

Guest BobBarnett
Just ask Bob Barnett to give you a few of his favorite Feinstein stories.

Speakin of good ol' Bob, what the hell happend to that guy, who used to post on the old smark board, any time this topic came up he always had some good stuff to share.

I'm right here!

Guest franchise632

A man who truly feels the pain of what RF will do to you, lol. Nice to see ya Bob. Any good RF stories as of late??

Guest Youth N Asia

I was at Bob's site a week or so ago...he has this stupid phone message RF left him up, it's funny to hear the annoyance in his voice.

How often does that daft bastard leave you mind numbing phone calls?

Guest RetroRob215

I have bought RF dubs from other people and the quality is watchable...most of the time. But what do you expect if you want rare stuff.

Guest franchise632
I was at Bob's site a week or so ago...he has this stupid phone message RF left him up, it's funny to hear the annoyance in his voice.

How often does that daft bastard leave you mind numbing phone calls?

yea that mp3 up there is pretty funny. I recomend anyone who hasnt been to bobs site and listen to it for a good laugh.

Guest BobBarnett
A man who truly feels the pain of what RF will do to you, lol. Nice to see ya Bob. Any good RF stories as of late??

Rob doesn't call anymore after he realized I'm a collector.

Rob wanted to do an interview with Vamp.

Vamp wanted double what Rob offered, and told

Rob half was going to ME!

Highpots then did the interview.

They say it's insane and Vamp goes off on Rob, Quinones,

Ryder, and others.

It will be out in 2 weeks.

Guest goodhelmet
I have bought RF dubs from other people and the quality is watchable...most of the time. But what do you expect if you want rare stuff.

well with the exception of the horribly produced shoots, the stuff feinscam sells aren't rare. you can get practically any puro tape he sells from lynch or highspots. the indy stuff can be found at smartmarks. his roh shows will soon be available by dames and i for a discount :) fuck that rip off!

Guest TheDames7

I will have the first 3 ROH shows in my possession tomorrow afternoon! WOO!

Time to go to Radio Shack :D

Dames

Guest JMTapes

I've never had a problem with RF. Of course, I can't speak for some other peoples' horror stories that I have heard. -Jim

www.jmtapes.com

Guest Sean Mooney

Thanks for all the replies everyone. Does anyone know of a website that sells RF's shoot interviews cheaper. Is there a well known tape dealer that has these tapes?

Guest Some Guy

I ordered four tapes from RF, it took roughly 2 months before they arrived. It got to the point where I had already paid the credit card bill and forgot that I had ordered them. So I watch Ric Flair: Domince of a Decade and I'm quite dissapointed with the VQ, then it's on to the Best of Eddy which is pretty good overall, then Best Of Benoit which had passible VQ, then Best of Benoit in Japan which was just fucking red blurs when I pressed play, like it was dubbed off a copy protected tape. By the time I got arounf to watching it it was too late to return it.

Then I ordered a few more tapes and was very impressed with the VQ and the delivery time (about a week). But I intentionally chose tapes that I thought would have good VQ because they had mostly WCW footage. BTW get the Ric Flair/Steamboat tape it's well worth it or try to find it elsewhere.

A local Video Store that I go to has an ECW Mutant who works there. He has a big fat beer belly which is always adorned with a wrestling T-Shirt of some kind and an ECW hat always shield his head form sight. But anyways he orders a lot of RF stuff and outs it out to rent. The VQ on most of what he has ranges from terrible to even worse, with Sid's shoot being far and away the worst. There are times when you can't even see his face.

Guest franchise632

Again I would make my plea to Rob to buy some damn lights and microphones!!!