TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jorge Gorgeous

The NFL All-Time Draft.

9 Teams have yet to choose a QB. I'm not taking Kelly, and someone's going to blink soon.

Actually the number is down to 7 teams now without QB's. How long are you gonna wait to blink? :D

Guest Tzar Lysergic

At least after the 12th, probably. Hard to say. QB isn't the most important position to me. That is to say, I'd be fairly happy with..I don't know..Let me think of someone who I don't think is going to be drafted at all...Sid Luckman? Guy's still a HOFer.

Just like RB, that's a really deep position to me, and not one I'm going to sweat over.

I would like to select either a running back or a tight end to complete the offensive attack (line not included), but I thought that in order to maximize the talents on the team, I'd need a coach who knows how to get the best out of his players. He's hardly a top 5 coach but he is just the right man for this particular team-

19891_282wh.jpg

Don Coryell, head coach (1973-1986)

Bored takes Jim Kelly this round and Gert gets pissed.

Gert won't be pissed as I'm still tempting fate that the quarterback I want is going to keep dropping.

I wasn't targeting a defensive back here but when I noticed this all-time great was still available I had to go for the steal here. This man in 1965 against Pittsburgh intercepted a pass while playing with two broken wrists.

09000d5d807b22ad_gallery_600.jpg

Larry Wilson, Safety

St. Louis Cardinals 1960-1972

Hall of Fame - 1978

8-time Pro Bowler

6-time 1st Team All-Pro

NFL 75th Annivesary Team

1960's All-Decade Team

1970's All-Decade Team

52 Career Interceptions

Guest Vitamin X

Porter's made some real questionable picks this whole draft. John Riggins in the f'n second round, and now Don Coryell as coach?

Is anybody going to be on til midnight (EDT) in case Brandon misses his pick again? I have to get up early tomorrow so I will be going to bed at 11 and I need to know who to PM my pick to in case Brandon doesn't show up.

Porter's made some real questionable picks this whole draft. John Riggins in the f'n second round, and now Don Coryell as coach?

Yes I know. And? If nothing else, they'd be a worse version (in terms of wins) of the Greatest Show on Turf historically. And if you think I'm going to stand pat with Riggins, you're in for a surprise.

Guest Vitamin X

If you wanted to create another version of the Greatest Show on Turf, Marshall Faulk was still available when you picked, and for that matter, so is Roger Craig right now.

Thanks for making it less possible to take him now if that comment reminds someone else to take him. ;)

Really, who cares? I'm giving those people who loves defense one less spot to worry about taking their players with. Hardly a winning strategy, but I'm an offensive oriented fan and would prefer an explosive PASSING offense. While Don Coryell isn't the best coach, can anyone really dispute him as the coach for the offensive-minded passing team?

30walsh-600.jpg

Bill Walsh. Head Coach.

Well might as well grab my head coach now. Walsh is an offensive genius. Along with Peyton and LT, nobody would be able to stop defend my team.

Wow. Six coaches in and I still get my #1. Honestly, I planned on this pick here before the first one was even selected. He's had more success for a longer period of time, for more completely different styles of teams than any other coach who has ever lived. He also holds the NFL's version of Cy Young's MLB win's record, the one NFL record that will never be approached let alone bested. He led the only Perfect Season of the Super Bowl era and has coached in more of them than any other.

don_shula.jpg

340x.jpg

Don Shula

# 2x Super Bowl champion (VII, VIII)

# 5x AFC Championship winner (1971, 1972, 1973, 1982, 1984)

# 1x NFL Championship winner (1968)

# 11x Division title winner

# Most regular-season wins (347)

# Most Super Bowl appearance as Head coach (6)

Landry was my #2. My #3 is still on the board.

Already... I'm going to take a QB, but not the QB you guys are expecting...

mcnabb1.jpg

Donovan McNabb, QB

5x Pro Bowl selection (2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004)

2000 NFL MVP runner-up (finished second to Marshall Faulk)

2004 NFC Offensive Player of the Year

75th Anniversary Team

Behind Brady and Manning, he has been the best QB of this decade IMO. Great decision maker, great scambler(before knee injuries), and a proven team leader. If he had better offensive weapons through out his whole career, he likely would've had a superbowl ring right now... But he still got it done, with little to no help most of his career, provening he can lead a team. With my team, he doesn't have to worry about not having offensive weapons as he has the greatest RB of all time (Brown), and one of the most talented WR's to ever play the game(Irvin)... I was going to wait until the next round to select him, but I was afraid he would've been taken before that.

As for my next pick, with the talent I have on offensive, I'm going to need an offensive guru who knows how to use the talents I have, correctly...

joe-gibbs.jpg

Joe Gibbs, Head Coach

Super Bowl XVII Champion, 1983

Super Bowl XXII Champion, 1988

Super Bowl XXVI Champion, 1992

NFL Head Coach of the Year, 1982, 1983

Jim Brown is the type of runningback Joe Gibbs thrives on, smash mouth, workhorse RB... He has a great decision making QB(McNabb) to work with, a talented o-tackle(Pace) to build around, and an explosive playmaking WR. I know Gibbs would be able to do wonders with this offensive squad.

With Larry Wilson gone, this made this pick a little easier.

With my 7th round pick, Gert's team selects:

post-2806-1213754334.jpg

Willie Lanier/MLB

8 Time Pro Bowler

3 Time All-Pro

NFL 75th Anniversary Team

Has award named after him for the top Division I-AA player.

Well, once again Gert T and I were thinking in the same ballpark. This time it was same position, different player. I'm picking a guy who has been described as the meanest Bear ever, which is saying a lot with that franchise, and the first star MLB in NFL history.

mug1221.jpg

MLB Bill George

Inducted into Hall of Fame in 1974

8-time Pro Bowler & 8-time first-team All-Pro

NFL 1950s All-Decade Team

Still working on my offense. I'm going to take maybe the best tight end of all time.

19518_282wh.jpg

Kellen Winslow I. TE.

* 5x Pro Bowl selection (1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1987)

* 4x All-Pro selection (1980, 1981, 1982, 1987)

* Chargers Hall of Fame

* NFL 75th Anniversary All-Time Team

* NFL 1980s All-Decade Team

* 1981 Co-Pro Bowl MVP

Receptions 541

Receiving Yards 6,741

Touchdowns 45

Epic Blocked Field Goals 1

Still working on my offense. I'm going to take maybe the best tight end of all time.

There's no maybe about it.

I don't know... There is someone else I'd consider, but I don't wanna name drop.

Fucking soldier!

Anyways, this pick was tough as there's one player I've been targeting the last couple of rounds but decided to pass thinking he'd drop which I was correct. This time around there is just no one that I feel that strongly about after him so I finally am going to bite the bullet at running back and pick one of the all-time greatest, all-purpose backs. He's total rushing stats won't blow you away but he played in an era when fullbacks received the majority of the carries and he averaged 4.8 YPC for his career. If you want a modern comparison, he was the Marshall Faulk of his era.

31186804.jpg

Lenny Moore, Running Back

Baltimore Colts 1956-1967

Hall of Fame - 1975

7-time Pro Bowler

5-time First Team All-Pro

1956 Rookie of the Year

1950's All-Decade Team

113 Career Touchdowns (63 Rushing, 48 Receiving, 2 Returns)

Guest Vitamin X

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck on the Kellen Winslow pick. I was going to take him with my last pick, and was sad to see he was taken. Also targeted was Willie Lanier, which was another great pick.

EHME made two bad picks there, more with McNabb (who, by the way, is most definitely NOT on the 75th Anniversary team..) than Gibbs, although I think Gibbs' most recent run has tarnished his coaching legacy a bit. McNabb is someone you could take waaaaay later on in this draft, and there's still a few QB's left out there I'd take before him. I guess if you look at it from the perspective of someone who only knows a lot about the current era and not much pre-1997 or so, that would make it a good pick, but not in the context of looking at every single football player from all time.