TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
OldSchoolWrestling

Video on Demand by DirecTV

Every few months when I get pissed that I can't see WWE 24/7 because I have DirecTV I search the net to see if they will be adding it at some point. Today I found that they have Video on Demand which I wasn't aware of. Does anyone have this service? Apparently if you have a HD receiver then it is a free upgrade.

You also need a broadband connection since the video is downloaded over that. And with everyone capping broadband now it probably wont last very long.

Its not as much of an upgrade as it is hooking the reciever up to your network via the ethernet port. Ive tried it but it is extremely slow on my 1.5 connection (which is gonna be capped at 5 fucking GB next month, thanks a lot you bastards at Sprint)

You also need a broadband connection since the video is downloaded over that. And with everyone capping broadband now it probably wont last very long.

Its not as much of an upgrade as it is hooking the reciever up to your network via the ethernet port. Ive tried it but it is extremely slow on my 1.5 connection (which is gonna be capped at 5 fucking GB next month, thanks a lot you bastards at Sprint)

5 GB. Fuck. I know Rogers is capping people at around 40 GB or so here, and I thought that was bad.

It's been available to me for months, but I have never had my receivers hooked up via phone line so I will never get it.

I was just going to post in this board what is the On Demand services by DirecTV all about.....and here is already is. Nice!

But I just got hooked up to DirecTV today and noticed this as a service (free at that, which is good).....can you actually get subscription channels off there (like WWE, Stern, etc) or is it just archived stuff from the premium channels (HBO, etc)? And it's just as fast as your broadband is, huh......doesn't sound so great, compared to the On Demand services I've seen through cable companies.

BTW, I had Dish Network for three years and finally had enough and made the switch to DirecTV today, couldn't pass up essentially a deal where I would get about three times the SD channels I had before, and about 50 more HD channels then I had, and only have to pay $40 a month for the first three months, then it only jumps to $60 a month (even though I lose all the HBO and Showtime channels then but whatever). So far I've been really impressed with the look of the HD channels, seems actually a bit cleaner than I had with Dish for the most part. That may have played a part because my old Dish Network HD reciever was dated (they wanted me to pay for a required upgrade to keep any of my little HD I had and thats why I left them) so it didn't output the best quality resolution or something.

Whatever the case, I feel like I'm getting a hell of a deal by going with DirecTV, which is rare to feel in this day and age when it comes to entertainment costs in general.