TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Maurizio C... Version 2

The return of the 4 Horsemen

Guest Anglesault
The Four Horsemen, in my own damned opinion, is the greatest wrestling stable of all time.  The NWO was the most revolutionary, I'd say, but the gimmick should've been shelved in 1997.  Instead, it ran on and on and on until finally no one gave a damn anymore.  The NWO'sbackstage politics had a lot to do with the downslide of WCW, but it was the angle's overall staleness that finally killed it.  The Horsemen Legend, though, has lasted nearly 17 years (if you wanna go to the last point the Horsemen were on tv, you can only vouch for 14) and has been anything but stale.  Part of that reason, strangely enough, is that the purpose of the Four Horsemen has never changed: protect Ric Flair's World Title at all costs.

Whereas the NWO went from invading WCW, to fighting within itself, back to WCW, splitting in two to fight each other again,

Hogan for President, and more complicated jibbersh that got lost in the ultimate shuffle, the Horsemen's purpose has been simple and effective.  And that's why it'll work again.  For I predict one of the following four storylines to develop in the near future.

1. The NWO run rampant in the WWF, destroying it just like Vince said they would.  However, the NWO eventually turn on Vince and leave him for dead.  Vince then crawls back to Flair in an attempt to save what's left of the WWF.  So Flair brings in the Horsemen to fight off the NWO.

2. Repeat #1, except that Flair and the Horsemen turn on Vince and the WWF, revealing themselves to be aligned with the NWO.  I personally feel that it's Flair, not Vince, that should be trying to destroy the WWF.  For one thing, nobody plays a better heel than Naitch.  But more importantly, if you use Flair as the catalyst, you can use the NWA/WCW 4 Life as your Trump Card.  The scoop: Flair devoted twenty-five years of his life to the NWA and later WCW.  He carried the promotions for most of his career on his back while trying to compete with McMahon.  And yet in 2001 the WWF finally destroys everything Flair fought so hard to build.  And now that he's got 50% of the WWF, he's pissed and wants revenge.  Hell, that would've kicked about 200 types of ass right there, though I don't think Scott Keith would survive if he saw Flair & Hogan on the same team.

3. The NWO basically goes off to feud with HHH/Austin/Rock.

Jericho retains his World Title at WrestleMania, but only barely.  Flair, in the intrest of his WWF, wants the title off Jericho.  To do this, Flair brings in a returning Chris Benoit to fight Jericho on an edition of SmackDown.  Jericho wins after Lance Storm interferes.  The next week, Jericho brings out "his (Canadian) Horsemen", taking a pot shot at Ric Flair's group.  Flair counters by bringing Benoit and lets say... Edge, RVD, and Kanyon in as "his" Horsemen to fight Jericho's.  This could be a refreshing alternate Main Event storyline should the NWO angle bomb completely.

4. Jericho retains the World Title at WrestleMania with help from...Ric Flair!? Flair and Jericho would reveal that they've been in cahoots all along, as Flair would align himself with the Champ in true Nature Boy fashion.  Enter Chris Benoit, who wants the WWF Title badly.  Another Trump Card presents itself here, as Benoit could play off the somewhat bitter emotions that he and Flair had (on screen, of course) during most of his tenure in the Horsemen.  That would give Benoit a perfect reason to go after Jericho, who he isn't the closest of friends with anyways.

Cool Picks for Horsemen

Mike Awesome

Rob Van Dam

Chris Benoit

Kanyon

Rhyno (when he returns)

Edge

Sucky Picks for Horsemen

Test

Albert

Billy Gunn

Chuck Palumbo

I swear to GOD, if Test or the Flaming Fagots and the Horsemen are ever mentioned in the same sentence on WWF tv, I think I'll shoot myself.  And hey, a mere 3,840 words later, and I'm finally done!

This Vince Russo moment is brought to you by Dynamite kid.

So Flair/Vince/Horsemen/nWo/Canadian Horsemen switch affiliations so many times that no one has a fucking clue who's the good guys anymore?

Guest Tony149

That's a pretty good idea. RVD could be what Sting was to the Horsemen. The cool guy the fans loved. Except RVD wouldn't be as stupid as Sting was storyline wise. Although since RVD likes weed, he could be stupid like Sting was.

Guest TheMikeSC

Fans---LET IT GO.

Don't bring back the Horsemen ever again.

Re-hashes don't work. Every successive Horsemen line-up has been weaker than the one before it.

Why not clamor for NEW ideas?

-=Mike

...Who still thinks Outback Jack Jr. would be a kick-BUTT name for a wrestler

Guest goodhelmet

The original Horsemen and Dangerous Alliance were great stables. They don't need to be rehashed. Let them rest. Even the original NWO was compelling even if Hogan stuck his nose in it. Dammit WWF, give us something new and innovative for once!

Guest The Vanilla Midget

yup, i will be pretty pissed if the horsemen return.  if they want stables, how about they make a new one, and dont resort to using ideas from the past which dont need to be brought up again.  dont count the horsemen out though, they are the only thing wcw which vince hasnt injected with A LETHAL DOSE OF POISON DAMNIT!!!

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

RVD would fit in the 4 Horsemen about as well as Paul Roma did. In fact, if they ever did something that stupid, I'd be waiting for Flair to turn on him and blow out his knee like they did with Sting.