TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
strummer

Willie Randolph Fired

It just comes off a bit odd that you root for 6 of the 14 teams in the AL and half of the AL West. Most fans tend to root for A team, or maybe a couple of teams separated into different leagues or divisions. You're pretty much the only person I've ever encountered to say that he/she roots for direct rivals within a division, since that tends to sort of dilute the nature of fandom.

Personally I think you can be a fan who you like, but you seem like a very casual baseball fan who just sort of watches and picks a team to cheer. Which is why 8 teams is fun because you can basically turn on any AL team on any given night and say "Hey, my team is playing!" And "your team" is probably gonna win at least a few times every night. If you enjoy, more power to you. But it pretty much goes against the things which most sports fans believe in. I know fans who take crap for rooting for a playoff team once their team has been eliminated just because they like having the rooting interest or fans who take crap because they root for two teams in different leagues because they've spent half of their live in a different city than the one they grew up in. Having almost 50% of a league as "your team" to start with is going to result in raised eyebrows.

So, I'm not allowed to like watching teams from the same division? And I can't be a fan of a player, and then while following that player, I follow that players team? It's not like I personally know any of the players, so it wouldn't matter what team I root for or watch.

No.

Guest Jesus Freaks on Coke

As if claiming eight "favorite teams" weren't enough, the fact that one of them comes from A.J. Pierzynski being totally awesome on the wrestling show makes it even better.