TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Spyke

HD Capture Card

Now I am probably one of the very least computer savvy people here so I'm looking for help. I've been spending the last 2 weeks doing my "work" and while I'm still pretty much lost but this is what I've come up with based mostly on Youtube videos:

Dazzle Platinum is the best known of the devices. It comes with an editing program and is the cheapest of the devices priced for about $70. I was sure I saw it for like $49 at Circuit city. It's major flaw is that it cant record in HD which makes it pointless to me because If I was to buy it to record I would have to disconnect my HD connection and play my games in SD(Standard Def.) which completely eliminates the point of even having a HDTV.

Hava's Wireless HD unit is second on the list. It seems to be pretty much what I'm looking for. It can record in HD and is pretty simple to set up. It's presumably priced at about $160 and again I saw a version of it at Circuit City but the guy helping me was a total know it all who didn't know it all. The version was ironically called the Hava Platinum and it looked different than the Hava unit I've seen in the Youtube videos but the box said it could stream video footage from the TV to the PC and you could record them. First off the guy sent me to the Television section. The guy in that department said he never heard of it and sent me back to the computer section. I explained to him that the Tech guy sent me to him and he just shook his head as if to say "why would he send you here?" So I head back and I go to get the Hava Platinum but the Tech tells me it doesn't record. I tell him "But it says it does right here on the box" and I point out the line that says it can record. He just shrugs and says go ahead and buy it and how if it doesn't work I can just bring it back. So at this point I'm a bit ticked at his arrogance but in the real world I'm generally a calm person so I look for a price and i don't see it so after waiting 2 minutes for his attention again I ask him for a price and the douche looks at me for 1 second and says its $250 so I drop the thing on the floor and walk out.

Long story I know...

Blitzbox HD-1 is last on the list and I only stumbled across this one in the video that explained how the Hava works. Its said to be under $100 and does basically what the Hava does but it doesn't come with an editing program. (Then again the Hava videos said nothing about an editing program) I really have my mind set on sticking to the Hava HD Unit since I know how to set that up and I'm looking to go to Best Buy next week to finally pick up the Hava Unit. I was just wondering if anyone knew about this stuff and if you do is there something else you would recommend. Also if you know anything about the 3 devices (Mainly the Hava or Blitzbox) could you fill me in on which is better and what not?

Damn...thought with all the active members and views someone would have said something. I ended up going with the HAVA. Thanks anyways.