TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Obi Chris Kenobi

E3 2008

You're correct, it is still a Sony exclusive in Japan. As I mentioned above, it's not about Microsoft "winning" Square-Enix altogether - it's about expanding the business relationship they have for future efforts. FFXIII gives Microsoft a great opportunity to showcase how well a major Square game can do on their platform. If the game does exceptionally well in NA and EU, then Square may have more of a reason to work with Microsoft globally, which would be a major boost to Microsoft (especially considering how far behind they are in Japan).

This isn't the first time the 360 got a Final Fantasy, either. They got FFXI, but I don't know of many folks that care about it since I think it lacks a single player campaign or a decent story.

This isn't the first time the 360 got a Final Fantasy, either. They got FFXI, but I don't know of many folks that care about it since I think it lacks a single player campaign or a decent story.

Yeah, I should have clarified, since I don't really consider FFXI to be part of the series. FFXIII is a much stronger statement than porting their MMORPG over two years later to drum up subscribers, IMO.

Interview with blah blah blah puppies are cute lady: http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/07/nintendos-cammi.html. Read it, and despair.

Spoilers: she has nothing interesting to say, no answers for questions people have been asking Nintendo for ages (any interesting new "core" titles, wii storage solutions, etc.) and no valid excuses for Nintendo's fucking awful E3 performance.

Wired.com: Have we seen the extent, now, of Nintendo's 2008 holiday lineup?

Dunaway: You have seen the extent of Nintendo's 2008 holiday lineup. Also items that we didn't talk about yesterday, like Wario Land: Shake It. Which is a great franchise for the core. It's Wario in all his gross wonderfulness, shaking the Wii remote, and that's going to be tons of fun.

Fucking pathetic.

Dunaway: And even Super Mario Sluggers, which is certainly an expanded audience title, but what core gamer doesn't love Mario and baseball and finding out which combination of characters are going to do what kind of crazy things in the field?

Bullshit.

I really don't know what people are upset about when it came to Nintendo. Was Nintendo suppose to annouce something major? Pretty much all of their major titles have already came out. Zelda, Mario, Mario Party, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros., and they annouced that Animal Crossings is coming out later this year. So all of Nintendo's first party major titles have pretty much annouced. So what were people expecting? Nintendo had really no news to annouce, games or hardware. So what were people expecting for Nintendo to come out with?

I really don't know what people are upset about when it came to Nintendo. Was Nintendo suppose to annouce something major? Pretty much all of their major titles have already came out. Zelda, Mario, Mario Party, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros., and they annouced that Animal Crossings is coming out later this year. So all of Nintendo's first party major titles have pretty much annouced. So what were people expecting? Nintendo had really no news to annouce, games or hardware. So what were people expecting for Nintendo to come out with?

Is this a joke post?

I guess the 360 doesn't need Gears of War 2, Too Human, Fable 2, or Banjo. All their major titles have already come out!

Why should a solid list of playable titles in the near future ever be in doubt?

Twilight Princess was a last-gen Gamecube game, it wasn't a Wii game (no, having a version on Wii isn't the same). We know a new Wii-exclusive one is in the works. Hell, that was basically confirmed last year.

How about that Kirby game that was started on GC and had been delayed tons of times?

Disaster: Day of Crisis?

the rumored Kid Icarus?

New Pikmin?

Those other two systems, you know, the ones that aren't grandma-centric, have tons of games in the pipeline that are coming this year or early next year.

There should never, ever be a point when you own the market-leader console and you can't name a major release of interest coming in the next 3 months. PS3 has a more interesting lineup coming. 360, without a doubt, has a more interesting lineup. Even if we're just talking first-party stuff it's a joke. If you include 3rd party releases Wii gets blown out of the water. PSN releases alone shit on most of what Wii has coming on WiiWare and retail, from a great height.

The release list for the rest of 2008 was looking really sad up to E3. Surely there was something else in store. So yeah, people expected Nintendo to have something new that is worth a shit. Basically, the only worthwhile 1st party title coming the rest of the year is Wario? That's pathetic. We already knew about it, too.

Animal Crossing...ugh, fuck you, Nintendo. Those things are such cheap-to-make, low budget pieces of garbage they could have shat out 3 of them by now, and I, as a core gamer, are supposed to kiss your ass for getting around to getting on out?

You aren't old enough to be a core gamer.

But I agree. There isn't much coming out for the Wii so I haven't even really used it in 4-5 months.

Well, like Andrew said, E3 is suppose to showcase what you have to offer to the 'in crowd' of E3, journalists and the nerds (us) who watch it. What have the announced that, say, would get you, for example, a multi format games magazine writer excited about? Is there anything there you'd tell your friends about and create excitement for the Wii? No.

Now imagine that from the point of view of the die hard fans, who want titles they know, at the least HOPE are coming out. No news. Its on par and beyond the Bungie Announcement being canceled. Its as if the Bungie Announcement was canceled several times over, on every hope you had of a good game coming out for the Wii that was novelty based.

You know there's something there, you know there's ideas there, you know, you just hope that they'll have them coming out - yet, no hints, no references, no secret smiles. So what is coming out in the next 6 months that will help sustain the Wii's unbelievable growth since launch? The surfboard game?

Is there anything there you'd tell your friends about and create excitement for the Wii? No.

An important point people often forget. Nintendo owes a lot of their endurance to WOM from their loyal base. They don't seem too worried about losing that. Too bad, since that base helped advertise Metroid Prime 3 when N couldn't be bothered to.

Well, like Andrew said, E3 is suppose to showcase what you have to offer to the 'in crowd' of E3, journalists and the nerds (us) who watch it. What have the announced that, say, would get you, for example, a multi format games magazine writer excited about? Is there anything there you'd tell your friends about and create excitement for the Wii? No.

Now imagine that from the point of view of the die hard fans, who want titles they know, at the least HOPE are coming out. No news. Its on par and beyond the Bungie Announcement being canceled. Its as if the Bungie Announcement was canceled several times over, on every hope you had of a good game coming out for the Wii that was novelty based.

You know there's something there, you know there's ideas there, you know, you just hope that they'll have them coming out - yet, no hints, no references, no secret smiles. So what is coming out in the next 6 months that will help sustain the Wii's unbelievable growth since launch? The surfboard game?

I agree that Nintendo didn't show anything to get anyone excited about, unless you're a Animal Crossings fan like I am, but like I said before, I really didn't expect any kind of big annoucment or showcase from Nintendo since all their big titles are already out. Granted they could have showed us previews of Dead Rising and Pikmin and whatever else but like I said before hand, I, on a personal level, really wasn't expecting any major news to come from Nintendo or anything to get excited about, and I got the one thing I wanted to see anyways and that was Animal Crossings.