TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

Bobby Lashley, WWE copyrights, and AAA

So I just got home from Rocky Horror and AAA is on. I turn on AAA and Bobby Lashley is coming out and I saw that AAA is using Lashly footage from WWE in his enterance video. I wonder if WWE knows about this or if they'll find out.

I don't think WWE really cares that much and they would have to know by now since it's on delay. When I watched lucha a few years ago I noticed a few guys who had WWE entrance music, for example.

ESPN has been using the Hardy's music for their videos for a few years now.

ESPN has been using the Hardy's music for their videos for a few years now.

I don't think the WWE owns the Hardy's music as it's stock music. They just pay to use it like everyone else.

Scroby, was it AAA on Galavision? I hate Lashley's ring work, but I'd like to see him in AAA justfor the novelty factor. There are maybe 2 guys in the promotion who are even close to his size.

I'm not referring to stock music, really, but songs like the DX theme, I think it was. I don't know, it's been a while since I last watched.

Yeah, Mr. Aguila (Essa Rios) used the DX theme in AAA for a long time.

Scroby, was it AAA on Galavision? I hate Lashley's ring work, but I'd like to see him in AAA justfor the novelty factor. There are maybe 2 guys in the promotion who are even close to his size.

Yeah, it was the Triplemania 16 show (part two) which was on Galavision a few times this weekend, in fact I think its still on right now til the top of the hour here, Vampiro versus Mesias is also on the show and is a hell of a brutal deal, with some brutal glass bulb shots to Vampiro. Lashley was supposed to be a heel in his match (a six man tag, naturally) but came off more as a monster babyface, ala Goldberg. Surprise surprise.

I'll be doing a writeup on the show in the other promotions folder later on, more than likely.

Not entirely the same topic, but I once saw either Juventud or Ricky Marvin come out to a match in NOAH with Rey Mysterio's mask and first WWE theme.

It's Mexico, I don't think American Copyrights matter that much down there. I mean for years, AAA had a stable which was a ripoff of KISS. In fact I'm pretty sure Gene Simmons tried to sue but didn't. I do know whoever was behind the power rangers sued AAA over a stable called Power Rangers that dressed just like them.

It's Mexico, I don't think American Copyrights matter that much down there. I mean for years, AAA had a stable which was a ripoff of KISS. In fact I'm pretty sure Gene Simmons tried to sue but didn't. I do know whoever was behind the power rangers sued AAA over a stable called Power Rangers that dressed just like them.

I think you're right, copyrights may not apply in Mexico, or other countries for that matter. Xpac always comes out to the old DX theme when he's in AAA, and I know of plenty other ex WWE or WCW guys that they have brought in for small shots here and there that would use old theme music as well.

Vampiro also came out to ACDC's Back in Black on this week's show, too.