TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Obi Chris Kenobi

My Idea

Apply to jobs I have no right or qualifications to apply for, with dead pan/satire/tongue in cheek based cover letters detailing why I should be given the chance over someone, say, who should actually be given a chance.

When the rejection letters come flooding back, I will scan them, and add them to my collection, and base my comedy routine from the replies and me endeavors to get a job I’m not qualified for without lying about my credentials or grades. I will start off small and aim high, I will not be limited to a single language, or a single country. Boarders and water will not stop me from sending letters around the world to find the ULTIMATE JOB I AM UNDER QUALIFIED FOR!

This all came about after seeing a mundane by the book advert looking for a Biomedical Technician in the local free newspaper, so I thought, hey why not. Some pointers. I’m already employed, I have a job, I do have ‘skills’ but no trade skills. I am a man of retail and voice. I’m not stupid, I have good grades, but never took it further then A levels due to laziness and too much computer games.

If things pick up in pace, I might make a website with all the rejection letters, for now, I’m building my collection up to base my material around.

I'll keep this thread, and my blog updated with my endeavors.

Currently out in circulation:

Application for Biomedical Technician - you know, curing cancer and stuff like that.

Guest The Elements of Style

That sounds like a less fruitful version of Ted Nancy.

Boarders and water will not stop me

What about waterboarders?

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I got a part time job once on a lark. Showed up kind of drunk and didn't really do anything. Was completely insubordinate and stood outside and smoked. Got paid the same as everyone else. Didn't have anything better to do.

I got a part time job once on a lark. Showed up kind of drunk and didn't really do anything. Was completely insubordinate and stood outside and smoked. Got paid the same as everyone else. Didn't have anything better to do.

ah communism.

Most of the rejection letters I get are pretty much like madlibs, just plug in the right name and address.

One of the jobs I applied to - biomedical technician, actually sent me a welcome pack and some dates to come for tests. I think they've called my bluff.

On a side note, I bought two Ted Nancy books at the weekend, pretty cool read.