TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Kamala

The 5 Worst Teenage Cover Bands

For our school's talent show in 1998, we had 2 different student bands perform. The first covered an Oasis song that I can't remember, complete with crazy light show. It kind of sucked due to everyone playing their instruments while sitting in those cheap plastic lunch room chairs. Even the singer sat down throughout the song, wearing his "too cool for the room" sunglasses, trying his hardest to sound like Liam Gallagher.

The band that closed the show, tore the house down though. It was comprised mostly of Juniors, with a Senior for the front man. They did a spot-on cover of "Down" by 311. Was one of the best teenage cover band covers I've ever heard.

Unfortunately, the year after I graduated, in 2000, I missed what is now a legendary performance. This very unpopular homosexual fellow decided he was going to sing Ricky Martin's "Cup of Life". So, according to a friend of mine (who graduated the year after me), this guy takes the stage and is doing all of Ricky Martin's mannerisms from the music video for the song. When he hits the chorus, he sings HERE WE GO, then points the mic to the crowd for the OLAY OLAY OLAY part for a sing-a-long. Unfortunately, he is met with complete silence. So, he grins, gives them a thumbs up, and proceeds to finish the song without asking for crowd support. Hate I missed that one.