TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Obi Chris Kenobi

littleBIGplanet

littlebigplanet-ps3-boxart-big.jpg
Release Date: October 2008
Format: PS3

This week saw the release of BETA keys for LBP, most notably Eurogamer website crashing as so called 'European only' BETA keys got swamped by Americans and Europeans a like. 5000 keys disappeared in little over 2 hours. Gamespot released 2000 keys last night on its podcast show thingy, with 1up due to release some keys this weekend.

I'm surprised there wasn't a thread about this yet, as its one of the games I bought a PS3 for (the other being MGS4). Its unique, its quirky, its everything I've waited for in a game over the last 10 years after messing about with various 'Basic' packages to make games and got bored.

This is a game where you make games! The scope for it is almost unending. You make a game, a friend makes a game, you share your games, and unlock more tools to make... MORE GAMES! This is the first 'game' I've seen on the PSN, even Xboxlive for that matter, that really pulls the online community together on a console to help share and create various tools, tips and aspects of games.

Yes, I've wee'd my pants in excitment.

Oh, and Stephen Fry is the narrator :D

I guess I'll have to play it a bit, but I really don't the overwhelming amount of hype for this game. Looks like a cute little platformer that has a unique "create a level" feature. I have nothing against the game, but I really havent been pissing my pants is sheer anticipation for the game or anything.