TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheech Tremendous

VH1's 100 Greatest Hip Hop Songs

But at least "U Can't Touch This" is on there, right?

I don't really get why people get up in arms over these VH1 lists. They're designed to cast as wide a net as possible and inclusions/exclusions are heavily influenced by who VH1 is able to book to appear on the accompanying TV special.

"Hard Knock Life" is Jay-Z's biggest single in terms of airplay. It was the biggest song of 1998 to the point that everyone bought the album.

"Juicy" may not be biggie's best track but it is his best single. That song was a hit in 1994 and still gets airplay. More than any other track he has ever done.

"Fight the power" was a BIG track. I would say their biggest single. Not their best song, but their biggest.

"B.O.B" is my favorite Outkast song but I still think that song was badass. Its different than anything around it so why not. Outkast has had so many good tracks its hard to pick just one of them.

My biggest gripe is that "Summertime" should be in the top 10. Its a track that gets play every year for the last 17 years and people still dancing to it. "It takes 2" should also be in the top 10 because it is the ultimate rap party song. Plus, I would have switched "I Need Love" with "I Can't Live Without my Radio" that is LL's biggest single ever.

This should be called "VH1's top 100 Rap singles" because if it was really all about hip-hop, other genres would have crack the list.