TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheech Tremendous

Fix Your Team...

The Rockies, as usual, need pitching and to make sure to keep Holliday in town. Also, start looking for a better heir to Helton's throne because his injury issues combined with total lack of production this past season punched a big hole into a team that looked great during its pennant run in 2007. I love, love, love Ian Stewart and think he's going to be a special player, along with the rest of that infield- TULO, Atkins, Barmes, and Ianetta. Maybe they can get him playing first base from time to time? Who knows.

Hate to break it to you VX, but just about every credible beat reporter says that the Rockies are going to trade Holliday, and probably Atkins, this offseason.

Guest Vitamin X

/is broken

.. So the goodwill the team's built up to the fanbase is hopefully going to be thrown out and maybe in a few years attendance will go to shit again and maybe prompt a move out to beautiful Portland, Oregon? (I guess they'd have to change their name to the Cascades) I would also be cool with this.

Considering that, who the hell are they planning on getting for Holliday and Atkins?

Guest Vitamin X
Green Bay desperately needs, as they have oh, since Rivera and Wahle left in 2005, and since Reggie White left in 98, help in the trenches. I am not a huge fan of the defensive line rotations, and it sucks Cullen Jenkins got knocked out for the year because with him, I think they would've worked out great. Get the fuck rid of KGB and his oversized contract and stop drafting defensive linemen under 260 pounds. 270, preferably. I love all their skill position players, and am starting to get pissed at Ryan Grant's slow start this year- but the way the rest of the season plays out is going to be pretty big.

Holy shit, ask and ye shall receive.

As a fan of Seattle sports, can I just say that we need to do everything? (Here are some quick notes that might benefit the franchises and the fans.)

Sonics

Invent a time machine and kill Clay Bennett before he bought the team.

Mariners

Um, sign Griffey to a 1-year contract to bring back fan interest and hedge our bets in case he's still the injury-prone has-been he's proved to be this year.

Huskies

Re-sign Ty Willingham. (Even though it won't be done now.) He was on the hot seat since before he'd signed with the team and he's been making slow, but steady progress over the past couple of years with his recruiting classes. It's not his fault our one star that's somewhat ready right now (Jake Locker) got injured early on in the year. We've still got a bunch of freshman we're running the offense with. Our defense is abismal, however. He needs to fix that.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Bears: WRs, interior linemen, and Secondary depth. New coach.

Colts: Get as many god damned defensive tackles who can penetrate as possible.

The Oilers are in fairly decent shape with the young players they've been developing. The 2 things I would do right now are get rid of Roloson's 39 year old 3.5 million cap hit, even if it's only for a 4th rounder. The next thing is to get a legitimate 35 goal+ sniper to play with Ales Hemsky. Since it's a given that Hemsky will always be pass first and has a hard time shooting the puck, that should be the Oilers #1 priority next off-season.

The Blue Jays need to make an offer A.J can't refuse, but it's going to be tough with the Yankees going into buy mode this offseason. If they can't get Burnett back into the rotation they need to load up on as much offense as they possibly can. They absolutely need to make offers to Mark Teixera and Manny Ramirez in that order. Greg Zaun won't be returning and that's an addition by subtraction.

The Raptors and Bills I don't end up watching enough of so I can't make a fair assessment with them. One thing I will say about the Bills is that they absolutely need to dump Lossman (spelt that way on purpose) for a last round pick in the NFL draft. Someone earlier in the thread said it best when mentioning he can't keep the defense off the field.