TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The College Football Thread 11/11 - 11/15

Ball State is the worst 10-0 team of quite some time, but they will deserve an even higher ranking if they run the Michigan gauntlet and win the MAC. Which I don't see happening.

The big difference is that Ball State have beaten their opponents rather soundly. Central & Western Michigan have played an awful lot of close contests score wise, which makes me wonder if they can handle Ball State's offense.

Central Michigan has 5 wins of 3 points while Western Michigan has 4 wins of 10 points or fewer.

As "poor" as Ball State is, they've allowed 23 points to Navy, 24 to Akron, and 14 to Northern Illinois (all teams with at least a 5-5 record).

Ball State is the worst 10-0 team of quite some time, but they will deserve an even higher ranking if they run the Michigan gauntlet and win the MAC. Which I don't see happening.

If you think Ball State is the worst 10-0 team of quite some time, you really are one dumb motherfucker. In fact... you are a dumb motherfucker but not just cause of that statement. You are a dumb motherfucker for every fucking post you make in this folder. You don't know what the fuck you are talking about and really need to stay out of this folder.

So what 10-0 team in recent memory was worse? Might have to go back to Marshall in 1999. Saying they're the worst 10-0 team in quite a while is hardly an insult to begin with. Good to see you all riled up though over nothing.

No. You obviously don't know what you are talking about. Watch their games. Watch Nate Davis murder the defense single handidly. Watch MiQuale Lewis shake the shit out of people Barry Sanders style. Look at how many games opponents have been held to no points at all.

No. You obviously don't know what you are talking about. Watch their games. Watch Nate Davis murder the defense single handidly. Watch MiQuale Lewis shake the shit out of people Barry Sanders style. Look at how many games opponents have been held to no points at all.

They're a great team. Never said they weren't. Like I said, I wasn't insulting them. I just don't think they can be judged as a dominant team simply because of their 10-0 record, and it's fair to put a team like a 9-2 MSU ahead of them if the pollsters think MSU is better. Which is questionable, but whatever. Ball State still can prove a lot in the next 3 weeks and will deserve a top 10, if not higher, ranking, if they win out. Which I said.

EDIT - Also, I've watched all of their games on TV and they impressed me on every one except the Miami game. It's not my fault I simply CAN'T watch more of their games if the games aren't on TV to begin with. They'll be on TV the next 2 weeks and I'll definitely be atching, since I think both CMU and WMU are worthy opponents.

I agree on the you can't judge them based on their record. I completely agree with that. I just don't like that they keep winning and keep doing what they need to do, yet keep being shit on in the BCS polls. They win, and they drop. I don't get this shit. With the BCS fucking them over like this, the Orange Bowl keeps looking more unobtainable.

Ball State is ranked dead last in strength of schedule and might only be the 3rd best team in the MAC once the season is done as they have yet to play Central and Western Michigan, who they play the next two weeks.

Greg Robinson:

26.jpg

Youuuuuuuuuuuu're fiiiiiiiiiiiired!

About bloody time. Syracuse is an absolute embarrassment in the Big East, where effing RUTGERS can turn it around in one season.

If you think Ball State is the worst 10-0 team of quite some time, you really are one dumb motherfucker. In fact... you are a dumb motherfucker but not just cause of that statement. You are a dumb motherfucker for every fucking post you make in this folder. You don't know what the fuck you are talking about and really need to stay out of this folder.

Just a friendly warning to watch the flaming. Keep posts related to the discussion.

I agree on the you can't judge them based on their record. I completely agree with that. I just don't like that they keep winning and keep doing what they need to do, yet keep being shit on in the BCS polls. They win, and they drop. I don't get this shit. With the BCS fucking them over like this, the Orange Bowl keeps looking more unobtainable.

The Orange Bowl is going to be between the ACC and BE champs so I see no way Ball State gets in, unless Boise and Utah both lose. And Ball State wins out. We should have this debate in December if Ball State is 13-0.

Just a friendly warning to watch the flaming. Keep posts related to the discussion.

HAHA. I knew it was coming, but had to do it anyway.

Man looking at those rankings I'm really worried about OU's ability to hop Texas if they beat Tech and OSU. Then again if the win over Tech is impressive enough I can see OU moving to 3 and Florida going to 2 while Texas goes to 4.......maybe.

Man looking at those rankings I'm really worried about OU's ability to hop Texas if they beat Tech and OSU. Then again if the win over Tech is impressive enough I can see OU moving to 3 and Florida going to 2 while Texas goes to 4.......maybe.

I don't think OU has anything to worry about (in terms of making the Big 12 title game) if they beat TT and then OSU the week after (unless TT loses to Baylor in the final week). Not only will they be finishing with a higher caliber slate of games than Texas, but in the event of a three-way tie the whole "team X beat team Y and so they can't be ranked below them!" line of reasoning is no longer valid, and so the voters will have to step back and evaluate the season as a whole. I believe this would favor OU with a win over the #1 team late in the season in addition to a bunch of other good conference wins, a loss at a neutral site to a good team, and two OOC wins that look very good at the moment (TCU, Cincinnati).