TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Prophet of Mike Zagurski

Xbox 360 problem

I have the Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter and when I turn on my Xbox later at night usually, it can't connect to Xbox Live. I know the router and modem have power and are functioning correctly. I manually try to connect to Xbox Live after the initial try fails but it still fails. I tested the connection and it said it could get the DNS address. I'm not really sure what to do.

Most of the time the Wireless Adapter works, though I do have trouble hosting some online games.

Does your wireless router have a password set to it? Are you sure neighbors aren't tapped into your modem or anything like that?

You can also call Xbox at 1-800-4-My-Xbox and speak to a rep, they could probably answer your question better than anyone else, but if anything it sounds like a modem issue. Does your computer drop out or anything during the night?

My router is password protected and I have it only allow the MAC addresses that I put in the router. The Xbox is in it. Does the modem drop off at night? Sometimes, actually more random like that. I wanted to get a new modem from AT&T but apparently it takes an act of God in order to have that happen.

I think I'll bother the people on the Xbox forums first and then call tech support.