TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

OAO ECW Thread (11/11/11...er, 08)

That was definately could've been a MOTYC, but it's to late in the year.

That Hardy/Finlay match was really sloppy. That was not even the best match on the show, much less anything resembling a MOTYC.

And does anyone else chuckle a bit whenever they mention Finlay drinking Guinness? I know it's part of his gimmick, but Finlay in actuality is a teetotaler.

That Hardy/Finlay match was really sloppy. That was not even the best match on the show, much less anything resembling a MOTYC.

And does anyone else chuckle a bit whenever they mention Finlay drinking Guinness? I know it's part of his gimmick, but Finlay in actuality is a teetotaler.

Really?

I thought I remember seeing on WWE Confidential back in the day him bringing someone (don't remember who) to a bar.

This was back when Finlay was still an agent, before he returned to the ring.

Hardy/Finlay MOTYC? Hell, it's not even match of the week, that would go to Michaels/Jericho from Raw or even Angle/Abyss from Turning Point.

Don't get me wrong, it was a solid *** 1/2 match and good stuff for ECW TV main event standards, but no way was that anywhere close to one of the better matches of the year.

Hardy/Finlay MOTYC? Hell, it's not even match of the week, that would go to Michaels/Jericho from Raw or even Angle/Abyss from Turning Point.

Don't get me wrong, it was a solid *** 1/2 match and good stuff for ECW TV main event standards, but no way was that anywhere close to one of the better matches of the year.

HBK/Jericho sucked, it was a shitty blowoff to an awesome 7 month feud.

Wow, 22 posts - much better than the thread I made for the show last week (which - with it's big 8 posts - I deemed worthy of no longer starting and pinning). And this show was taped! Was there a big game on last week or something? People excited about BIGGER AVATARS?

I'm not huge on geography, but isn't Northern Ireland a separate country from Ireland with totally different traditions and stuff?

That is correct. Different Religion as well. Northern Irish are Protestant. Northern Ireland want to be British, while Ireland want to be Ireland.

Really?

I thought I remember seeing on WWE Confidential back in the day him bringing someone (don't remember who) to a bar.

This was back when Finlay was still an agent, before he returned to the ring.

It was Finlay and Cena, back when Cena was still a heel in mid 2003. Finlay bought Cena a guinness beer during I believe a tour of ireland or scotland, Cena took one sip, nearly choked, then comically requested a glass of chocolate milk instead. It was funny.

Wow, 22 posts - much better than the thread I made for the show last week (which - with it's big 8 posts - I deemed worthy of no longer starting and pinning). And this show was taped! Was there a big game on last week or something? People excited about BIGGER AVATARS?

Yeah, something like that. Plus I POSTED THIS WEEK!!

Am I the only one that wonders what the hell Tony Atlas babbles about every time he comes out?

I like to think he's singing along to Mark Henry's awesome entrance theme.