TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Cucaracha

HD: Leon segment

BUFFER
Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome... the BRAND NEW OAOAST WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION... LLLLEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOONN... RRRRROOOOOOOOODDEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!

.:CUE: "Rock The Casbah", Trust Company:.

"YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!"

The fans erupt as after a dramatic pause, through the entrance way glides the new World Champion smiling from ear to ear! Dusting off the title belt over his right shoulder Leon shows that success hasn't changed him just yet with his low-key jeans/t-shirt attire, although the t-shirt is his and available at OAOASTShop.com right now at reasonable prices. The new World Champion heads down the aisle greeting his fans with hand-tags, before entering the ring and pointing out to the cheapseats.

COLE
What a match it was this past Sunday night at November Reign between Leon Rodez and Tha Puerto Rican. And what a moment for Leon Rodez, one of the OAOAST's most valuable servants, one of it's most popular superstars, capturing the World Heavyweight Championship for the very first time!

COACH
I don't know whether to be happy or indifferent. What do you reckon?

COLE
How about you be quiet?

Leon acknowledges the crowd some more, before posing for some photos.

"LE - ON!"
"LE - ON!"
"LE - ON!"
"LE - ON!"

LEON
Okay, thank you, let's keep this thing rolling shall we? No time to lose. Well... I'll be honest, I don't have a speech prepared.

Reaching into his jeans pocket, Leon 'slyly' pulls a piece of paper out and unfurls it, to COMEDIC LENGTHS!

LEON
Ahem. I wo... hang a second, this isn't mine, this is PRL's. That's odd.

Leon scans through it, mumbling the words "jabroni", "smackdown" and "Ruth", before deciding it's no good to him and screwing it up into a ball, tossing it aside.

LEON
Well, I'll be honest with you, I really don't have anything prepared. Go back a year or so and I didn't think this day would ever come. Infact, go back a month or two and I still didn't think this day would ever come. It's been a long time coming, that's for sure. Considering my OAOAST career almost ended before it had even started with a knee injury back in 2003, you're looking at five and a half years of struggle and effort, largely fruitless. Actually, you know what, that isn't true. I've done a lot in the past four and a half years since I shook the knee injury. Won belts, been in memorable matches, had every conceivable thing go wrong at one point or another in my life. I've lost a sister and gained a niece. Lost a girlfriend and gained a couple more along the way. You know, conservatively speaking. Befriended at least three tag teams, of which two guys are AWOL, one's got a broken arm and the other's forgotten how to speak English. But as far as the World Heavyweight Title goes, until a month or so ago, it wasn't on my radar for any significant length of time.

Leon adjusts the belt, shining it up a little.

LEON
Now though, that's changed. After years of getting side-tracked with personal rivalries, I finally got a shot at the big one. And, it sure looks like I won it.

"YYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!"

LEON
I guess everybody else was wrong. Whaddya know? Now I'd be remiss without saying Tha Puerto Rican gave me one hell of a fight at November Reign. And he was man enough to admit after everything that happened in the run-up that on that night, I was the better man. And that meant a lot.

Some scattered applause go up for PRL.

LEON
That's all in the past now. All water under the bridge. Now, I've got to prove myself all over again, [i]as[/i] World Heavyweight Champion. Never thought I'd be saying that!

COACH
Me neither.

COLE
Can't you do your disappearing act, pretend PRL's out here or something? Oy.

LEON
Okay, serious now. No more joking around. I've got to prove myself as the World Heavyweight Champion. And I'm sure you've all heard this one before so prepare to get those eyes a'rollin', but I promise to be a fighting Champion. Please, save your groans. I really do. And I'm not just talking about guys who've held the belt before. You're looking at proof positive that there's dozens of potential World Champions just waiting for their shot. Josie's already been besieged by people asking for their shot at me and I'm sure she'll have a challenger list as long as your arm within a week or so. And I'm ready for anyone. From the top to the bottom, I'm open to all challengers. Which, I'm sure, includes New Year's Day, when we just so happen to be in my home town of Detroit, Michigan.

Pausing as if expecting cheers, Leon soon realises we're in a totally different state as only the most giddy of his fans cheer simply because they want to cheer him, nevermind what the frig he's saying.

LEON
So I'll be defending my title at the New Year's Spectacular, in front of my hometown crowd. Against who? Well, that's not up to me now, is it. I'm sure we'll all find out soon enough. In the meantime, I'll let everybody in the back go ahead and make their case and I'm sure I'll be seeing you all very soon. In the meantime, I'm the World Champion, which OF COURSE means I've got the night off tonight, so I'm gonna go kick back and watch the show. But before I go, one more thing. Those of you with a poor gag reflex cover your ears, because I'd like to thank my fans.

"YYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!"

COACH
*gags*

COLE
He did warn you.

LEON
Thank you for supporting me up to this point. And I vow to be a World Champion you can be proud of. Thank you!

"Rock The Casbah" hits again as Leon drops his microphone and bows to the crowd. A few courteous waves later and Leon leaves the ring, ready to enjoy the lap of luxury being World Champion brings.

COLE
As World Champion speeches go, that was certainly a humble one. And the message I think the OAOAST roster will be taking out of it is simply, "come and get me".

COACH
I give it three weeks before he disappears and only shows his face when his 30 days are about to run out.

COLE
You're so cynical.

COACH
Hey, I've worked here long enough to know the deal.

Leon takes his leave as we take in some commercials maybe?

Sign in to follow this