TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewTS

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep gameplay

How could they get rid of the Disney connection? Wouldn't it just be an FF7 game then? I hope Andrea Bowen's voice is in this game.

Since it would be a prequel and not directly related to the events of the previous games. The secret trailer at the end of Final Mix + seemed to be darker in tone overall.

What we know of the story (from Wikipedia)

Birth by Sleep is a prequel to the first Kingdom Hearts game, taking place ten years prior, and focusing on the story of knights that wield Keyblades before the series' main protagonist Sora. Nomura has stated that, though there are three scenarios—one for each of the main characters, Terra, Ventus and Aqua—there is not one singularly important scenario or character, but the main theme is Ventus' identity. The story was speculated early on to be connected to the unlockable trailers at the end of Kingdom Hearts II and Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix. Nomura has since confirmed a connection to the trailers.

The game will take place in various Disney-themed worlds both new and old, and will partially reflect the time difference between this game and the previous Kingdom Hearts games; for example, a younger Hercules at the Olympus Coliseum. The story revolves around three Keyblade apprentices in search of a missing Keyblade master, Master Xehanort, and his apprentice. Maleficent is believed to be the main antagonist; she causes a great disaster involving the Heartless which results in Master Xehanort and his apprentice's disappearance.

I hope Andrea Bowen's voice is in this game.

I'd be surprised if we didn't get some cameos from the FFVII folks (basically all the other games had 'em), and naturally I'd welcome a KH AU Zack. So too soon to tell, but she'd be the best bet if Aeris is in.

Honestly if the Disney link was severed, I'd have absolutely no interest in the game. Neither would my girl, which was the main reason for purchasing the first one. I really was never a fan of FF after 7, the story for this was dark but had a nice lightness to it that made it interesting.

No Disney, no sale.

Mickey flipping around kicking more ass than Yoda was one of the coolest moments in the last two. Who knew Mickey could fuck up a dark lord?

Honestly if the Disney link was severed, I'd have absolutely no interest in the game. Neither would my girl, which was the main reason for purchasing the first one. No Disney, no sale.

That speculation seems unfounded, as more Disney worlds are going to be present, though unknown (expect rampant speculation on this, though. :) ).

Mickey flipping around kicking more ass than Yoda was one of the coolest moments in the last two. Who knew Mickey could fuck up a dark lord?

Note 6 minutes in:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8459011768389812639

Also, he *did* fill a musketeer role.

What about the DS game? Is it running at a double-digit framerate yet?

Hard to see here, but it appears to be shaping up well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V49joGRN0RY

http://www.gamertell.com/gaming/comment/us...kingdom-hearts/

It’s music to my ears to finally hear that two of the most highly anticipated portable games of 2009 have finally received US release dates. Get ready to mark August 31, 2009, (Monday) on your calendar because Square Enix is scheduled to release both Final Fantasy Dissidia (Sony PSP) and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (Nintendo DS).

On the downside, it appears that Birth by Sleep itself is Dec 31. Japan. Ouch. =/