TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

The God Damn Dylan Carlson Thread

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I'm officially placing this guy in my pantheon of truly beyond-brilliant musicians.

Where I'm torn is whether I like the distorted stoner stuff or the bluesy-almostcountry droning heroin addict about ready to fall over material. I think the latter.

Let's discuss Earth.

The Bees Made Honey in the Lion's Skull is my favorite post drone album Earth has done. I always loved Earth 2 and Penstar: In the Style of Demons though, especially Earth 2.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I've read more than one opinion that more recent Earth is reminiscent of a very stark take from Ennio Morricone. You're more well-versed on Italian movie scores than I. What are your thoughts, and can you think of a good example of this.

Also: Have you heard Hex: Or Printing In the Infernal Method. That's probably my favorite doom-country Earth. I thought it was too sleepy to really dig into when I first heard it, but boy oh boy what a grower that one was.

I've read more than one opinion that more recent Earth is reminiscent of a very stark take from Ennio Morricone. You're more well-versed on Italian movie scores than I. What are your thoughts, and can you think of a good example of this.

Also: Have you heard Hex: Or Printing In the Infernal Method. That's probably my favorite doom-country Earth. I thought it was too sleepy to really dig into when I first heard it, but boy oh boy what a grower that one was.

The more recent material definately has an Western era Ennio Morricone flavor, which I do love. Hex is pretty sweet, though I like Bees a little more.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Bees definitely refines the sound he started developing on Hex. I dig the raw stark sound though.