TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Kamala

The Battle of The Songs

Battle of The Songs  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Since You Been Gone or Since U Been Gone?

• Since You Been Gone- Rainbow
    • Since U Been Gone- Kelly Clarkson

Alright...two songs enter, one song leaves. It's time for The Battle of The Song...Rainbow's 1979 classic "Since You Been Gone" Vs Kelly Clarkson's 2005 smash hit "Since U Been Gone".

"Since You Been Gone"

"Since U Been Gone"

So which one is it?

Yes, this is a (somewhat) serious question. I really like "Since You Been Gone". Maybe it's the fact that Graham Bonnet looks like the type of guy who was on that short lived Fuse show where that would give squares metal makeovers (and generally do a poor job at doing so), maybe it's because it was the theme song to The Denise Show sketches on SNL around the time I started watching that show. Whatever it is, I consider myself a fan.

Rainbow. I disapprove of all the hipster cachet Clarkson gained because of that crappy song. There are at least five Britney singles better than "Since U Been Gone" and she was never lavished with praise from P.Fork.

There are at least five Britney singles better than "Since U Been Gone" and she was never lavished with praise from P.Fork.

Erm, "Toxic" was #3 on their '04 singles list (ahead of both M.I.A. and LCD Soundsystem!!) and they also published a whole column extolling the virtues of the much-maligned Blackout. Perhaps you should do some research before making wild accusations?? Just a thought.

There are at least five Britney singles better than "Since U Been Gone" and she was never lavished with praise from P.Fork.

Erm, "Toxic" was #3 on their '04 singles list (ahead of both M.I.A. and LCD Soundsystem!!) and they also published a whole column extolling the virtues of the much-maligned Blackout. Perhaps you should do some research before making wild accusations?? Just a thought.

I should have known not to trust their painfully weak search feature.