TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Copper Feel

What is your favourite Beatles album pre Rubber Soul?

Well?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Choose only one.

• Please Please Me
    • With The Beatles
    • A Hard Day's Night
    • Help!

Guest Czech please!

The same, though A Hard Day's Night is a close second simply on "I Should've Known Better" and "I'm Happy Just to Dance With You." Love those harmonies on "There's a Place." That can be an imperative or a declarative with its 1st-p subject missing. Too bad the title track couldn't make the 1 compilation, because I really like that one a lot and would've rather seen that in that particular pantheon than, say, "The Ballad of John and Yoko." I love the tonic against a descending scale. It's the same thing that makes the theme song from L.A. Law cool, incidentally.

I don't like With the Beatles at all.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Really? I love that album. Fun covers, a couple nice originals. All four of those are terrific, but gun to my head right now, I'm probably taking Hard Days Night, and would take any of them over Sgt. Pepper...

Weird timing. I was listening to Beatles' songs from this period for about three hours on Saturday. A Hard Day's Night is my fave from those, though I'll listen to any of them more or less anytime. Early Beatles are awesome. All Beatles are awesome. I think I'm about to go through one of those week-long periods where I'll listen to nothing but them.

I don't think I've heard enough pre-Soul Beatles to make a determination. I mean, I know the songs, but I can't place them to their respective albums. I bought all of these on CD for my dad a few years ago; I should steal them next time I visit the 'rents.

Incidentally, I don't think that I'll find myself too into these albums. I like the spacey experimental stuff like Sgt. Pepper's far more than most of the traditional pop classics.

I'm going with Hard Day's Night. It has too many awesome moments ("If I Fell", "I'm Happy Just To Dance With You", the title track), and is the most fun of all the pre Rubber Soul albums.

I know it's usually dismissed, but for postierity sake you should have put Beatles For Sale on this, after all it was a pre-Rubber Soul album.

Course I voted for Hard Day's Night anyway...

Nope, actually it's quite a good album, just alot more covers

I mean, "No Reply" is a really good song, and John tears into "Rock and Roll Music"