TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TMC1982

Bigger Disney Villain: Bob Iger or Michael Eisner

I've heard various stories about Michael Eisner's later years (say, the mid-1990s to 2005, when he left Disney) as Disney's CEO. Basically, after Frank Wells (who was the president and COO of Disney around the same time that Eisner came into the picture) unexpectedly died in a helicopter crash in 1994, Eisner ultimately, became corrupted with too much power. I don't have much time to lay out the entire list of criticisms against Eisner, so I post the following link (relating to the announcement of Eisner being named to the Hollywood Walk of Fame):

http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?...er+Walk+of+Fame

Also, Walt Disney's nephew, Roy started a campaign to oust Eisner due to in Roy's eyes, micromanagement, failures with the ABC television network, timidity in the theme park business, turning the Walt Disney Company into a "rapacious, soul-less" company, and refusing to establish a clear succession plan, as well as a string of box-office movie failures starting in the year 2000.

I haven't really closely examined what Eisner's successor, Bob Iger has been up to until a few days ago:

How Bob Iger Unchained Disney

USATODAY.com - 10 ways Bob Iger can boost Disney

Disney: What Kind of Boss Will Bob Iger Be?

Anyway, I've also stumbled across some folks on YouTube, whom have had it out for Igor since becoming the Disney CEO:

Michael Eisner vs. Bob Iger

Stoppit Bob Iger! Words of "Swiper No Swiping" come to mind

Bob Iger: The Worst Disney Villain Pt. 1

Bob Iger: The Worst Disney Villain Pt. 2

Bob Iger: The Worst Disney Villain Pt. 2 B

Bob Iger: The Worst Disney Villain Pt. 3

Bob Iger: The Worst Disney Villain Pt. 4