TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarvinisaLunatic

TSM Weighs In On: Jeff vs. Matt

I don't want to go off topic...but I always did find it funny that your one account that isn't a gimmick is one that lends itself so easily to being one.

should get back on topic...

um...Kozlov and stuff.

Note from Management: "On topic" was originally General Discussion.

I've only ever had 3 accounts... and one of them lasted like, 20 minutes before VX said "this is very attractive in a way that I can't explain huh, thought I heard they got rid of that word filter, glad it's back... anyway he didn't like it" and outed it. But I see what you mean.

Kozlov couldn't even leave the Chamber properly according to Alvarez's live report of No Way Out.

Note from Management: See above note.

Except for the stuff that only Peter loving Truthiness thinks makes sense about Matt being the guy from the beginning.

They probably would have eventually turned Matt on Jeff anyway, this just pushed it up.

Christian attacking Jeff makes the most sense because he would be doing it to help Edge. Matt attacking Jeff to help Edge just feels..wrong though you could ignore the helping Edge part I suppose and just go on the jealous brother angle.

Well, if we break it down, Matt helping Edge "just feels wrong", which is the opposite of Lita's WWE home video title "It Just Feels Right", and Matt is the Anti-Lita, so... yes! Sense!

Except for the stuff that only Peter loving Truthiness thinks makes sense about Matt being the guy from the beginning.

Kill yourself

There was no signs that pointed to Christian being involved in the attacks as far as WWE was concerned., The company never hinted that Christian was the culprit, everything made more sense with Matt, seeing as it was Matt that was around for all the attacks.

Kill yourself

He already did. That's why he's a ghost, remember?

Well, if we break it down, Matt helping Edge "just feels wrong", which is the opposite of Lita's WWE home video title "It Just Feels Right", and Matt is the Anti-Lita, so... yes! Sense!

thats awesome.

They should drag Lita back for one night to try and stop them from fighting each other.

Kill yourself

He already did. That's why he's a ghost, remember?

Well played.

As much as I love the Hardy's and want this to work, if it falls flat on its face its going to be due to their work on the mic. Their in ring product will steal a show or two but Jeff rambles on the mic like some dazed stoner while Matt sounds like some dickish Southern HS Quarterback who's throwing his team under the bus for his failure to land a Div-1 scholarship.

Oh, and the whole throwing Matt into this because the non-sports watching miniscule IWC figured out it'd be Christian and Vince "swerving" the public by giving this whole thing to Matt...yeah, that'll fuck this up too in the long run.

This feud will fall flat on its face, just like it did the last two times.

I only remember one Hardyz feud, the one that had the match with Lita as the guest ref and was dropped after a month. What and when was the other?

I can't even recall the other. But they did try it in 2001 at some point and it was highly forgettable. Was Matt involved with the Alliance at all, or was that about something else entirely?

This angle is going to wreck Matt Hardy's career. It's similar to Owen Hart in some ways, but the thing is circa 1993 Owen really had no career to ruin. He was a JTTS doing nothing. Matt was at least ECW champion and could always count on getting a decent pop. Sure, he could be a silly heel like he was with Shannon Moore, but he was hardly trying to kill his brother. Owen at least had this ultra annoying quality that could put a feud over on the mic to some extent.

But here's where it truly will misfire: In the ring. Unless this is some sort of gimmick match it really won't be anything outstanding. In fact in other threads I pondered whether they should even waste Jeff on this at WM. Why not have Jeff face Matt on the undercard and get the winner of Cena/Edge if they really want to riff on the Bret/Owen feud?