TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Cucaracha

CS: Opening CI promo

Before the first match please.

COLE
*puts finger to earpiece* ...sorry, what's that? We're being told that our broadcast colleague Josh Matthews is standing by... up in one of the private boxes here in the arena. Let's go to Josh.

Up in the higher reaches of the arena, we go past the cheap seats and into the really expensive, private seats to find Josh being ushered through to the balcony. There sits Landon Maddix, kicked back in his seat, his good mood only interrupted when the crowd spot what's going on on the big screen and start booing him. Next to Maddix is his trusty blonde sidekick. The male one that is, James Blonde. At the back of the skybox, Faqu can be seen picking inquisitively at a basket of chicken legs on the buffet.

MATTHEWS
Thanks Michael, I'm up here where Cucaracha Internacional have apparantly rented out a skybox for the night. And if we can just get a word with Landon... Landon, this is some expense considering you guys could have just gotten your own dressing room. What are you doing up here?

MADDIX
Well, we [i]were[/i] enjoying ourselves.

BLONDE
Yeah, who let you in anyway?

MADDIX
It's okay James. Spread the love and all that. Josh, have a seat. What we're doing up here is living in the lap of luxury, no surprise that you wouldn't understand that I guess. Cost is no object when you're having fun.

MEGAN
(walks into shot carrying drinks)
Plus The Enterprise decided it wasn't secure enough for them, so we got it on the cheap. There's your drinks. Oh, yeah, we weren't willing to pay out extra for a waitress either.

Laughing under his breath, Landon takes the drink and makes sure Megan leaves.

MADDIX
The economy's not great... you've got to tighten the purse strings somewhere...

MATTHEWS
Oh I understand.

MADDIX
The cost isn't important. What's important is, things are on the up-turn for Cucaracha Internacional, so why not soak it in? I'm not on the card tonight. Neither are the 6-Man Tag Champs. But, you know who is, right? Todd Cortez, the United States Champion!

Blonde's face screws up at the mention of Cortez, quickly taking a swig of his drink to mask it.

MADDIX
So we're going to kick back and enjoy ourselves tonight, with the added bonus of having the best seats in the arena to watch Todd's title defence.

MATTHEWS
Best seats? We're about 300 feet from the ring.

MADDIX
Yeah but they've got padding.

Stroking the back of his seat, Landon smiles in comfort.

MATTHEWS
Alright, while these guys enjoy the seats, we're going to send it to where the real comfort is at, Sofa Central with Coach and Michael Cole.

COACH
What do you think he meant by that?

COLE
By what?

COACH
'The real comfort is at Sofa Central'. Is he saying this is where he wants to be. In OUR seats? If he's trying to come after our jobs, I will fuck his shit up real quick, believe that. Incase he don't watch the news, we don't have to give up our seats for pasty face pussies like him no-more!

Sign in to follow this