TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Czech please!

Any interest in doing another big song tournament?

(>'-')>  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do one?

• Sure
    • Nah
  2. 2. Decade?

• 1980s
    • 1990s

I think I'll run the tournament. Could be fun, right? Lots of typing and counting and so on. So let's say '90s. Singles are preferred although I'll accept well-known album tracks. There's no gray area or "well, it was recorded in..." type of nonsense in my tournament, okay? Only songs released at some point between January 1, 1990 and December 31, 1999 are eligible. I want lists of at least 20 songs (but, really, it's a big tournament so list as many as you'd like). Comments and justifications are certainly welcome, but not mandatory. Once I have what I feel is a representative sample of songs and have them all bracketed and everything, I'll start a new thread for the first round of the tournament.

Fantastic. I was just about to write a post to the effect of "I'll do it if no one else will." I would have ran one of these sumbitches but I think the effort would have outweighed the satisfaction I got from doing this.

If its '90s, the tournament may settle the debate that a friend and I had this morning while listening to Sirius/XM's 90s on 9 station. What's the most boring '90s Top 40 rock hit; "Breakfast at Tiffany's" by Deep Blue Something or "Everything You Want" by Vertical Horizon? I'd like to hear Czech's answer.

we doin 80s right?

No, '90s. I think it'll ultimately work out better, because that's the decade that the vast majority of TSM posters came of age in. There'll be more depth to the selections, posters will take their favorite songs getting slighted a little more personally, it'll lend itself to better comments + justifications, etc.