TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anglesault

Then we agreeInteresting Concept for nWo

Guest Anglesault

Ok, since the nWo is coming back and Vince seems to be on an eerie nostalgic curve lately, why not have the people enter in the order they entered the nWo? If you want them to blow the three mains, Let Hall take Rokertaker, Nash have HHH/Angle, and Hogan Austin/Jericho? We pretty much agree that Big Show and X-Pac are joining, so have them join in that order ( 4 and 6?) Throw in HBK or whatever to fill the gap for DiBiase. Now the running parania could be that history is repeating itself, and the wrestlers of the WWF could be weary of whoever the hell would be the next person in line. (No, I can't be bothered to look) Of course, just make sure it doesn't become the nWo, so don't actually have that guy join. What do you think?

Guest Anglesault

Ok, then HBK would do that. Was Giant 5? and X-Pac 6? for some reason I think he was technically the 7th, but I don't know who the other guy would be.

Guest The Vanilla Midget

bigshow joining?? i dont think that will happen, and if he does join, the whole angle will reek of invasion, and the crowd wont care because they are seeing wwf v wwf.  of course they wont care when xpac joins either, but that is another story.

Guest Tony149

Big Show joining would make sense, since he's a past member. Only past members and those close to nWo members should join.

Guest Anglesault

Wasn't Bischoff around then too? And for people who obviously aren't going to join or be brought in, skip them.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I want Hall to cost Rock his match.

I want Nash to cost HHH his match.

I want Hogan to cost Austin his match.

I want the title match at Mania to be Angle vs. Jericho (they could even play out a mini Canada vs. U.S. thing to make Jericho a one night face, and then a bigger heel in the U.S.)

I want Hallvs. Rock, HHH vs. Nash, Hogan vs. Austin.

I want Hall to win, Nash to lose (let's face it, HHH wouldn't lose anyway...and it adds intrigue to his inevitable involvement in or against the NWO) and I want Hogan to win (yes I said it.  The NWO needs to take 2 of 3..and beating Austin gives them good cred, and sets up a sweet rematch that Marks will be dying to see.  Austin getting revenge = buyrate)

Angle/Jericho is the epitome of bucking tradition.  If The NWO caused this to happen, it would help develop them as characters.

Jericho should win and hold the belt for a long time.  He can defend the belt against guys like: Angle, Benoit, RVD, Booker T... Just because the NWO won't put people over doesn't mean you can't elavate around them.  To do that, you need the belt.  It's better to keep the old men away from it anyway.

NOW...Here's the kicker:  The three guys (Jericho, Angle & Taker) who would win at No Way Out are McMahon's boys.  The NWO is working with McMahon right?  Well it would appear that way until they break away from him and join up with THE DARK LORD AND MASTER Eric Bischoff.

The NWO can draw some buyrates.  The WWF can elevate new talent for when they are gone.  Everybody happy.

And the seeds are planted for the next big NWO storyline:  After HBK and x-Pac join:  Is HHH NWO?

Starting at No Way Out:  Costing Austin the Title, HHH his shot and Rock his revenge, would put them over as heels.

Logical booking is fun.

Guest Anglesault

Isn't it nice that the nWo was so fucked up that we only have a general idea of who joined, in what order, and when? I think we have the first eight set. Except I think Syxx joined AFTER nWo Sting, thus killing the name (I remember something about that).

Hall

Nash

Hogan

DiBiase

Giant

nWo Sting

Syxx

Bishoff

Guest Brian

I'd rather have a six-man to start because obviously the three aren't great and probably have a ton of ring rust (if that is possible), plus then there's more room on the card.

Guest Tony149

Buff Bagwell was next. Bischoff did a promo saying whoever with a WCW contract that wanted to join the nWo could. Buff attacked Scotty Riggs who tried to snap Buff out of it.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

With 4 hours to play with, I think it would be fine.

And it advances storylines.  And 6 man tag would kind of be shitty at the biggest PPV of the year.  And a waste of Rock & Austin.

Guest Tony149

Yes, I belive Norton was after Bagwell. Then it gets confusing as hell. As nearly every guy joined.

Guest Brian

It makes a lot of sense though. Booking the six-man means you get three of your biggest guys in the main event (if they don't main Angle/Jericho). I don't think it wastes Rock/Austin since they should align to fight a big threat.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

6 man tag?  Why would I want to pay for that?  Why would anyone want to pay to see all the "big" names wasted in 2 matches?

And on top of that...HHH can't cut it right now...so that title match will dissapoint.

Guest Tony149

Liz really never joined. Hogan took her against her will. I have no idea how she "officially" became a member. I told ya it was confusing.

Guest Brian

People will pay for a big match like that. Look at InVasion, basically a one-match card. Especially if it's the NWO's first match.

Guest The Vanilla Midget

people would pay bigtime, and that is really what matters.  mania is too soon to break the nwo fued down into indivivual fueds between guys, and i think a 6 man is the best way to carry the 3 until they get rid of ring rust (lol) and also not blow off the entire fued in one go.  it also opens up a lot of spots on the card for other talent.

Guest Brian

Why? Think about how much trash they get rid of in one match (three NWo members, slow Triple H) and then think about a quality Jericho/Angle match and a solid undercard with lots of possibilities. It doesn't have to suck.

Guest The Vanilla Midget

it will probably be one of the worst mania's ever in terms of in ring product, but if the nwo story gets half as much interest as the wwf is planning, it may pop a huge buyrate.

Guest Tony149

I was just thinking. Has Nick Patrick refereed a match on Raw & Smackdown the last few weeks? I keep seeing Nick on Jakked. I think Nick might play the nWo referee again.