TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Next weeks NWA TNA ppv lineup

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

This is the proposed line-up at this point for the 7/3 NWA TNA PPV show from Nashville:

--Ken Shamrock vs. Malice for NWA title

--Four-team tournament to crown NWA tag champions with the Johnsons, Rainbow Express, Buff Bagwell & Apolo and James Storm & Chris Harris

--Jeff Jarrett & K-Krush vs. Brian Lawler & Scott Hall

--Taylor Vaughn vs. Francine

--debut of former Buffalo Bills player Monte Brown

Lesse...

I like Malice and Shamrock...could be decent.

I like JJ and Hall...I don't hate Christopher and K-Kruch either...that could be a good match.

The tag team tourney doesn't have the Dupps (which is a plus) but it does have the Johnsons...I like Apolo...I hate Bagwell...I don't mind Storm and Harris...and Lenny Lane rules...it COULD be ok.

Women matches without Trish, Ivory, Jazz or Molly are worthless.

I'm from Buffalo...and I don't even know who Monte Brown is.

It doesn't seem like its worth 10 bucks to me.

Coming off of the AWESOME Xtitle match last night...don't you think it woiuld have been wise to have (AND ANNOUNCE) an X title match?

A title match between AJ Styles and Jerry Lynn would have gotten my order.

But they'll probably have an X title match the next week.

Guest razazteca

they make a big deal about Chris "Fallen Angel" Daniels signing with the company yet dont involve him in a match.

After the X Title match being as good as it was, why not have a #1 contender match with Low-Ki vs Daniels vs Jerry Lynn?

Guest Zack Malibu

Maybe they'll have Daniels do a run-in or something, though it would be in the NWA's best interest to hype appearances by guys with name value (at least to us smarks.)

And the tag division is looking pretty grim. Hell, the main teams they have (Rainbow Express, Dupps, Johnsons) are all heels. Unless they turn The Johnsons face, and do a lame, Russo-esque storyline where Lenny and Bruce "like The Johnsons", causing them to turn face and kick their asses.

Guest Vyce
--Ken Shamrock vs. Malice for NWA title

--Four-team tournament to crown NWA tag champions with the Johnsons, Rainbow Express, Buff Bagwell & Apolo and James Storm & Chris Harris

--Jeff Jarrett & K-Krush vs. Brian Lawler & Scott Hall

--Taylor Vaughn vs. Francine

--debut of former Buffalo Bills player Monte Brown

Shamrock & Malice could be good. I think it all depends upon whether Shamrock will sell for Malice. If he doesn't than the match might not work out well.

Jarrett / Krush vs. Christopher / Hall has potential. I'm hoping they book this one well, as I like both Jarrett & Krush as heels. If Jarrett & Krush both work hard to make up for Hall's general sloppiness and Christopher's overall shortcomings, this could be pretty decent.

I could care less about Francine vs. whomever. Until I see Daffney out there, I don't care.

I don't know who Monte Brown is. Here's hoping they stick him the ring with an experienced wrestler who can walk him through the match.

The Tag tournament.....half of it isn't bad. The Rainbox Express, silly gimmick aside, is talented and should put on a good show. I think the same of Storm & Harris. The Johnsons do nothing for me, and I'm afraid that they'll go over for the title. I honestly would have rather had the Dupps than them, since of the two I think the Dupps are probably more talented (or maybe I just don't like big, lumbering tag wrestlers). An even better choice would have been Joey Matthews & Chris York. I don't particularly like either of them, but they'd probably mesh better in the ring with Storm & Harris and probably Lenny & Funk. Now as for Apolo & Bagwell......hoo boy. I got no problem at all with Apolo. Bagwell I can't stand. I'd rather they stick someone else in there.....who, I don't know. But not Bagwell. Hell, stick Corino in there, even if he is a heel. I think this match will be good as long as the Express & Storm / Harris are in there, and has potential when Apolo is working, but I don't like Bagwell & the Johnsons.

I would probably order the show; the price is cheap, there's enough interest there, and I want to help them succeed.

Guest dreamer420

i would order the show but up here in canada we appear to be getting fucked over by expressvu due to lack of canadian content.

Guest Blue Bacchus

I don't plan on ordering the PPV... But I do plan on Attending the show live. It should be worth it to see Scott Hall and JJ live as I've never seen them live before.

Guest Phoenix Fury Legdrop

[Coming off of the AWESOME Xtitle match last night...don't you think it woiuld have been wise to have (AND ANNOUNCE) an X title match?]

It was announced tonight on the Torch site that X Champion AJ Styles will defend against challenger David Young.

Guest TheDames7
It was announced tonight on the Torch site that X Champion AJ Styles will defend against challenger David Young.

Young didn't do anything for me in his match against Apolo and all of his heat is based on his valet, Bobcat. Poor choice for Styles' first title defense, IMO.

Dames

Guest J*ingus

Heh. Having seen an AJ Styles vs. David Young match in person before, prepare to be pleasantly surprised Dames.

Guest TheDames7
Heh. Having seen an AJ Styles vs. David Young match in person before, prepare to be pleasantly surprised Dames.

I'll hold ya to it :) I'm not closed minded, unlike some others here on our board.

Are you going to the arena live, Jingus?

Dames

Guest J*ingus

I plan to. The problem is getting good seats, as the whole event is general admission and seating is being done on a first-come first-serve (AKA line up & wait outside the building) basis. I don't know if they're allowing signs in or not either.

Guest TheDames7

I saw some signs during the first two shows, I don't know why they wouldn't allow it. Plug the site! Thats all :)

Dames

Guest razazteca

AJ Styles did have a series of decent matches in NWA Wildside over the Wildside title. In one of them Styles went for a DragonRana, they also fought in the crowd doing some insane spots. They should put on a good 15 minute match that will probably be the show stealer.

Guest Phoenix Fury Legdrop

I'm all for the Styles-Young match too. Young is maybe the most underrated guy on the indy scene. When he was with Rick Michaels in Bad Attitude, he was the Bobby Eaton to Rick's Stan Lane. When they went solo, David didn't suffer, as he's had some pretty good matches with AJ Styles (The DragonRana spot referred to in an above post was awesome). He's pretty agile for his size, as he's done his fare share of moonsaults and flips (including a moonsault onto six other guys from the top of the NCW Arena entrance during a match in the fall).

P.S.: Is it just me, or does David Young resemble The Gambler (jobber from WCW Worldwide at Universal era)?

Guest Vyce

Yes! He DOES look like the Gambler!

This is just another match to look forward too. I haven't seen too much of Young, but I'm convinced that Styles could wrestle Cheex and still entertain me.

Well, maybe not, but you get the idea.

Guest Hitman Jebus

Christopher Daniels will make his NWATNA debut on July 10th

Also, on the website, it says they have signed (look under superstars) Tough Enough 1's Josh Matthews (use him TOO)