TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Masked Yodeler

Wrestling action figures

Guest The Masked Yodeler

Today while at the mall, I decide to take a quick glance around Kay-Bee Toys, and underneath the piles of WWF Action figures, I found several WCW action figures for 3 bucks.  3 BUCKS!  I picked up a Scott Steiner (w/ Roid Raging Action) and a Mike Awesome (w/ Mullet).  They also had DDP, Kanyon, Hollywood Hogan, and a real shitty looking Booker T.

The action figure diorama on the top shelf of my bookcase now includes Angle, RVD (ECW version), Benoit, Jericho, Awesome, Steiner, Ash and Evil Ash (from Army of Darkness), King Kong, a Bronze minotaur (a souvenir from Greece) and two Atari 2600 controllers.

I also found out today that there is a Comic Book Store Guy action figure.  Unfotunately it only comes with a Android's Dungeon playset, so I can't just get the figure.  But it exists, so I am happy, and will purchase it soon.

So what wrestling figures (or non-wrestling) do you guys have?

Guest RicFlairGlory

K-B Toys always has cheap shit there.

For me, I have some classic WWF Superstar Action figures, WWF Hogan, WWF Savage, Big Bossman (blue guard uniform), Jake "the Snake" Roberts, the Bushwackers, Ted DiBiase, and I know my brother has a few others

Guest theWCWRaider

I have way too many wrestling figures to list here...my favorites though would be Demolition probably.

I also have some Simpsons figures around the house and I get a kick out of them.

Guest Tony149

I have a lot of the Hasbro WWF action figures. Hogan, Bossman, Savage, Flair, etc. I also have the late '80s-early '90s WCW figures. Can't forget about the wrestling rings i.e. Hasbro's WWF ring, the WCW ring, etc.

Guest Haxor Jim Duggan

I've recently picked up the "Real Re-Action" series of new WWF figures. These figures are VERY life-like and have more range of motion than the Titan Tron Live series of characters. The Matt Hardy figure just looks amazing...you'd expect to hear a HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA come out of him. The only problem I have with them is some of the shorter wrestlers (Benoit, Jericho) look Tazz-esque next to the Titan Tron Live figures, because the new figures are realistically scaled.

Guest JAMES900

I used to collect figures, don't do it now I sometime check to see whats out though.  Maybe one day my intrest will return, but for the moment I'll be collectiong cars.

Guest HoffmanHBK

I never hung on to any of my old Hasbro ones.  A shame, too.  As for JAKKS, I have about a million, but of the newest "Tron Ready"series I have:

Austin, Jericho, Benoit, Angle, Angle (yes two), Steph, Lita, Matt Hardy, Matt Hardy (yes two), Jeff Hardy, Buh-Buh Ray, D-Von, Edge, Taker (new), Kane, Big Show, Test, Saturn, Eddie, Raven, Albert, Jericho (in a Raw is Jericho shirt), HHH, Cactus Jack, "The One" Billy Gunn, Rock, Rock, Rock, Rock (yes four), and that's just off the top of my head.  And no, they're not mint or anything -- I still play with them quite a bit.  It's a sad life for a 20-year-old to lead, but it's MINE and I like it.  =)

And hey, if anyone is interested in selling/trading, email me at [email protected] and we'll talk, for sure.

Guest Hugh G. Rection

Hmm... I have looooooads of them, don't play with them much... my favourites would have to be my Mankind (with Mr.Socko, which I made myself), Ivory (pretty hard to get over here in the UK), and my Raven (because it looks pretty dang kickass).

Am I sad or what?... oh, and do you guys like my new name? :)

Guest gman

I have lots of the old early 90's figures.  Bossman, Brutus, Demolition, etc.  I have a ring too. I haven't gotten any lately, though.

Guest MARTYEWR

I gave away my ring and my figures when I was about 13. I had a weird collection: Hulk Hogan, Roddy Piper, Ricky Steamboat, Koko B. Ware, Harley Race, One Man Gang, Kamala, Terry Funk, Outback Jack, and maybe others who escape me at the moment.

It's worth noting the Outback Jack and Hulk Hogan came in the same package for me. I don't know why it's worth noting, but I think it is.

Also, I used a total of about 5 rings just because I was super-stiff with the dang things, and hence I kept breaking the ring well before the warranty went up. :)

Guest The Masked Yodeler

When I was a little kid I had these small one piece WWF figures.  Each one had a round base that the figure was connected to, and the base had two small holes in it.  IIRC, there was ring that I didn't have that the figures would connect to and you could move them around or something.

Anyway, I had LOD, the Bushwackers, Piper, Valentine, Texas Tornado and someone else.

*edit:  I had The Natural Disasters, not The Bushwackers, and the figure I couldn't remember was Brutus Beefcake*

Does anyone else remember these things?

Guest HoffmanHBK

They were the Mini Figures, so to speak.  I believe there was a ring they attached to that spun around and had them fight and stuff.  I used to have a bunch of them, and my pride was the LOD and the Natural Disasters.

Interestingly, the WWF re-released the miniature figures in the mid 90's (1997 or so) in packs of six, which came with a ring and a title belt.  On such pack came with Shawn, Bret, Taker, Owen, Bulldog, and Austin, if I'm remembering right.  Truly the crap.

Guest EI Cubano

I have a ton of them laying around from when I was a kid. The early 90's WWF actions figures were just AWESOME. I had Brutus, 2 hogans, 2 warriors, 2 savages, Demolition, the Bushwackers, Dusty Rhodes, Koko, Kerry Von Erich, Papa Shango, just wayyyy too many to list. My favorite was probably Mr. Perfect.

Did anyone else have the early 90's WCW collection? Those were awesome. I had them all, it was a 10 wrestler set. It consisted of the 4 horseman at the time; Flair, Whindam, AA, and Sid Vicious. There was a Sting, Tom Zenk, Brian Pillman, Lex Luger, Rick Steiner, Scott Steiner, and a Butch Reed and Ron Simmons duo that looked EXACTLY the same. Those things rocked, all they needed was an El Gigante and a Jumping Joey Maggs and I would have been able to die a happy man.

Guest JAMES900

I had the flair, AA double pack came with tag belts, they were great.  I also had an IRS figure ;)

Guest Tony149

I had all the WCW figures in the early '90s. I think they were done by Gloobe (Sp?) or something close to that name. I lost the Ric Flair one years ago. I'm still pissed about losing it, as Flair had the "George Washington" hair-do. I also saw at least 2 different versions of Sting. They were the same build just different face-paint.

I belive an El Gigante figure was in the works. As I remember seeing the prototype for a P.N. News action figure once on the net.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

The best wrestling figures were those big rubber WWF ones from the 80s.  You could do anything with them.  Strike Force were my favourites.  I enjoyed beating up Tito all the time, just like all the times he was made out to look like a jobber on television.

Guest Galactic Gigolo

I own probably over 100 from when I was younger.  I used to make a crapload of money going to flea markets and buying figures, then selling them.  Taught me some responsibility when I was younger, but soon after I realized that I'm from a rich family and don't really have to do any work till I'm older.

I may be an a s s w h o l e, but I'm a truthful a s s w h o l e.

And on a site note, my favorite figures have to be Kamala (LJN and Hasbro), Doink the Clown, and Akeem.  I had some Dream Matches with them, where they beat Hogan, Beefcake, and Andre The Giant.

Booyah!

Guest Daredevil21

I also have all of my wrestling figures from when I was younger. I have a ton of LJN's, Hasbro's, Jakks and WCW Galoob.

My favorites are Hasbro and LJN's. LJN's just look real nice when displayed in the right places. Hasbro's were just fun to play with as a kid. I had most of the Galoob ones when I was little even though I never watched WCW.

Along with my collection are some memories that I'd just rather forget. One of the Hasbro's I always had a problem getting was Andre the Giant. I passed him up originally to but Hogan, which was my first wrestling figure ever. I then missed him again, when I saw him and my mom said that we would come back some other time and get him. Of course, when we came back he was gone. My final chance to get him at a Toys R Us and guess what I bought instead? A god dang glow in the dark Swamp Thing. Anyway I finally got him in the package in 1993 for Chrsitmas, after my mom payes $50 for him from a toy place. From that point on she would insist that I get all of the ones I didn't have when I saw them. I still have most of them, but I don't really get any new ones and I don't plan to until I get some room around this joint.

Guest theWCWRaider

I have all but 1 of the early 90's WCW set. I lost my Barry Windham action figure, a long time ago...so that's the one I'm missing.

I played with them so much, all of mine look like they've been through many a ring war.

Guest Daredevil21

I HATE this censoring. I have never said "dang" in my life. I can't say d@mn? That is frickin stupid. Can I say stupid???

Guest Kinetic

I have a bunch of Jakks figures that I bought up a few years ago.  Some of them are in truly hideous shape, i.e. "Marvelous" Marc Mero has been super-glued together, Goldust has but one arm, "WrestleMania XV" Steve Austin is missing his head, and so on.  I will forever kick myself for not picking up a Blue Blazer action figure when I had the chance, though.  There was one AT Wal-Mart a week prior to Owen's death, but I figured that I could just come back and pick it up any time.  I'd use an expletive to describe my feelings on that but Ikonboard won't let me.  

Some guy gave me three of the old rubber WWF figures from the 80s, and those are pretty cool.  I've got Big John Studd, the Iron Sheik, and Junkyard Dog.  Not bad for someone who wasn't even watching wrestling at that point.

Something that strikes me every time I look at action figures now is how expensive they are.  In my glory days as a collector, they were about $6 for the most part.  Now these huge-BUTT TitanTron things can get to, like, $15.  I don't have the money to spend $15 on a plastic replica of a pro wrestler, quite frankly.

Guest EI Cubano

When you would bang the old WCW action figures into each other both figures would get big black welts on them that you couldnt get off.

Guest Tony149
When you would bang the old WCW action figures into each other both figures would get big black welts on them that you couldnt get off.

I remember those. I still have them too. I remember trying to take the "black welts" off with soap, water, etc, but never could.

Guest Anglesault

The first action figure I got (Jakks) was Shawn Michaels. i got him at a house show. During the show, I made him my champion. I got into the car, his leg fell off and he had to forfeit the title.  That's realism.

Guest BankHoldup

The old early 90s/mid 90s WCW action figures rocked.  I had a ton of those.  The Hasbro WWF figures were cool too.  I still have a few of them like Jake Roberts with punching action, Smash with Gorilla Press action, Ax, etc.

Guest HellSpawn

I have a WCW/nWo Bret Hart (he looks like that F'n Howard Stern guy) and a Chris Benoit from the same series.

I also recently get a "Finishers" Chris Jericho vs Chris Benoit ´Walls of Jericho´, this one looks good in the finisher pose, but if you look at the figures they are very freaky, looks like they were 100% made to be on the pose and nothing more.

Guest Tony149

I think a few years ago, WCW released an action figure I think Chris Benoit, where it looked nothing like the guy. It was quite funny.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

The old school thick rubber ones were the bomb.

JYD was the greatest ever.  They hurt like hell if you hit someone with them...

Guest Big Poppa Popick

and you found this out how

retailation for your triple hhh action figured getting rock bottomed?

nah seriously, some look really nice, but im hoping they stop making them so ridicuously proportioned