TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Masked Heel

WWE RAW 6/8

At Extreme Rules, The Animal prevailed against Randy Orton in a torturous Steel Cage Match to capture his first-ever WWE Championship. Less than 24 hours later, the newly crowned champion kicks off Monday Night Raw

After weeks enduring The Miz's taunts, insults and spurious claims of victory, John Cena will get a real chance to shut up the self-proclaimed "chick magnet," as the two Superstars collide on Raw.

Kelly Kelly already defeated Divas Champion Maryse once, but since it was by disqualification she failed to actually win the title. On Raw tonight she'll get another chance at the coveted Divas Championship.

Tonight on Raw, Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase will face off against Unified WWE Tag Team Champions Carlito & Primo. If The Legacy is victorious, they'll have earned themselves a future title opportunity against te Colons.

I assume they will get the belt off of Batista tonight.

I'm still very baffled why Batista got the belt last night, if only to job it back out tonight, but it almost seems like they have to do it that way if he's really supposed to have surgery tomorrow. But rewarding someone with the title, even as a one day transition deal, is pretty strange at this point when he's already injured. Not getting why Batista couldn't have just done the job last night and sold an injury from that match as explanation why he will be out (again).

Well, I assume from this opening segment, Batista's injury is being written in the storyline and he will indeed drop the belt tonight. I don't expect him to put anyone over, though.

edit- I also assume this means Hunter's return is ASAP.

Question.

Is the reason traffic has slowed down here because people lost interest in wrestling or have they moved on to another site? I have been a member here since 2002 and have never seen it this slow.

Question.

Is the reason traffic has slowed down here because people lost interest in wrestling or have they moved on to another site? I have been a member here since 2002 and have never seen it this slow.

People moved to another site. The Real TSM.

http://tsm.thelevel-x.net/

No clue pappa, but I just joined a couple months ago because I remember it used to be hopping. Now, however, I have to have conversations with myself.

So Vicki returns to Smackdown to manage someone against Edge? I'm not getting where to go from here with all of that Edge/Vicki nonsense.

Or perhaps Vicki just plain stays off TV? Please?

I know I'm in the minority, but her act went stale months ago to me, perhaps years ago. I wouldn't mind seeing her just moving on from the company completely and being a regular person again, particularly a widow of a former star. There is no reason to keep this up with her when it's pretty much reached the farthest it can (and should) go with her character if you ask me.

In other words, I don't see the investment in having Vicki managing a guy to try to take out Edge, the story just isn't there for me since you have to turn either one of them babyface basically and I think turning Vicki babyface may be borderline impossible and turning Edge is just a bad idea.

It never really made sense how Orton could basically win back the title tonight via countout, essentially. The best reasoning is "by forfeit" but just because a wrestler would no-show a match shouldn't mean he loses a title. In most cases, it just means that "injured" person would be stripped of the belt and its vacated, more often than not leading to a tournament or something. I'm sure this angle has been used TO transition back to a heel champion before in history, but lets just say it's not a good idea to repeat it, if that's the case. It's a bad idea. It just devalues the title and the guy you are trying to put heat on doesn't really get the kind of credibility you ideally would like to have as world champion, especially after getting his ass kicked the night prior. Right now, what is probably the best idea (and what I'm still betting they will do) is having a tournament spanning the next few weeks of Raw, leading to the finals at GAB for the vacant belt. And I would imagine Orton just gets the belt back again in that fashion, to make up for Batista and HHH getting over on him these last two nights. And hopefully by the time Batista returns, they don't even go back to Orton/Batista at all and instead focus on him returning and immediately turning heel on HHH for not being there two hours earlier when he needed his help against Legacy during the beatdown/injury angle.

With that said now, HHH returning and getting his revenge to the nth degree on Orton now hopefully means we can move on from that feud, better yet, not even go back to it at all. What is left other than HHH getting the title back, I guess. But this has already happened just months ago, and this actually came off like a strong finish to the feud instead of going any further. I'm sure it won't be that easy and more than likely, they will do HHH/Orton for the title upcoming as that final match of a title tournament. But I've seen what I've wanted to see from all of that HHH/Orton stuff to never really want to see anymore of it again. It's just far too old and rehashed at this point. It was like watching WrestleMania all over again, only more defiantly with an exclamation point that HHH is king of the yard when push comes to shove. And that Orton still needs to be champion again, just with a different and fresh set of babyfaces against him.

Kind of up and down show, but felt like one of those shows that they did do more than usual to help move storylines along, or end them in some cases. The Edge/Vicki segment was somewhat comical, and I was a bit baffled at whats going on with this Miz push. At least he's not getting buried but they got to jump the gun on something here instead of continuing with Show/Cena, I really want them to just end the Cena/Show program already (and they seem to be building to one last match with them for some reason) and see if they could actually do a legitimately competitive Miz/Cena feud. I still can't tell if they even want to push Miz or not, but I will definately say he's cutting great promos right now, so they are letting him try to get over that way first and foremost.

Yeah, Miz was very good tonight. The Tim Allen reference made me lol. However, I would just love to hear him drop the whole "I'm the Miz, and I'm AWEEESOME" thing, or maybe tone it down a bit; he looks goofy as hell saying that cheesy line.