TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

HD: Battlebowl match

COLE
Right now, it's time for another Battlebowl match, so let's go to Josh and Maggie at the tumbler!

Cut to the tumbler, where Maggie spins as Josh speaks.

JOSH
Thank you Michael, and we're ready for Maggie to draw our first name!

Maggie pulls the egg out, and Josh opens it up and reads the name.

JOSH
One-half of the tag team champions, QUENTIN BENJAMIN!

Benjamin hops up and gives high-fives to Charlie Moss and others as he leaves the locker room.

JOSH
Let's see who his partner is...

Josh opens the paper.

JOSH
From the Heavenly Rockers, SYNTH ABDUL-JABBAR!

Synth stands up and puts his hands on his hips in disbelief, getting a pat on the back from Logan as he makes his way to the ring.

COACH
Wow!

COLE
Two tremendous tag team wrestlers, but can they get along?

JOSH
And their opponents will be, first...the United States champion, DENZEL SPENCER!

COLE
What a hot streak this man is on, can he continue it by advancing to Battlebowl?

JOSH
Uh-oh...Denzel's partner...the other half of the tag champs, CHARLIE MOSS!

COACH
What?

COLE
I can't believe that!

Moss slowly heads to the ring, scratching his head.  Cut to a wide shot, where Synth is just coming through the curtains, as Benjamin is entering the ring.  Benjamin sees Synth, then points at him and confers with the referee.  Denzel comes through the curtains next, getting a big pop, and as he gets to the midway point of the aisle, Charlie Moss comes through, prompting another discussion between Benjamin and the referee.

COLE
And Quentin Benjamin not pleased with this turn of events, needless to say, but that's the luck of the draw!

Moss steps through the ropes and shakes hands with Denzel, then with Benjamin as well after some words of encouragement.

COLE
And in all due respect to Synth, I think Charlie Moss got the better draw for a partner here...

COACH
Why is that?

COLE
Because there's a lot of bad feelings between the Heavenly Rockers and Team Heyross over those tag team titles!  Denzel is a guy that Charlie Moss can trust out there, and also his style is very similar to that of Quentin Benjamin, Moss's regular partner!

COACH
Well, I think if Quentin keeps an open mind out there, Synth will be a great help to him!

COLE
You may be right, only time will tell!

*DING DING DING*

COLE
And it looks like the tag champs will start the match from the apron!

Denzel and Synth get face-to-face in mid-ring, with Synth talking a lot of trash, then shoving Denzel.  Denzel shoves back, then the two tie up.  Denzel grabs a side headlock, but Synth backs him into the ropes, and shoves him across.  Synth drops down, but when he gets back up, Denzel takes him down with a shouldercheck!  Synth scoots into a corner, favoring his shoulder.

COLE
Big shoulder from Denzel right there, and Synth backing off!

Synth tells a group of fans to shut up, which gets the crowd on his case, before he ties up with Denzel again.  This time, Denzel takes him down with an armdrag!  Synth slowly gets to his feet and complains to the referee about tight-pulling, which again annoys the crowd.

COLE
Synth complaining that Denzel pulled his tights, but that was not evident to anyone else in this arena!

COACH
I saw it, Synth!  I got your back!

The two tie up again, and Synth goes behind and grabs a hammerlock.  Denzel reverses, then drops down and schoolboys Synth...

Kickout!

Tie-up again, and this time Denzel goes behind, but gets caught with an elbow to the face!  Synth runs to the ropes, and takes him down with a shouldercheck, then runs to the ropes again.  Denzel flips over, then leapfrogs him, and catches him with a spinning wheel kick!

COLE
Great kick by Denzel Spencer!

Synth backs into a corner, begging off as the referee holds Denzel back.

COLE
And at this point, it may be a good move for Synth to tag in Quentin Benjamin, but he's not looking that way!

Synth gets to his feet, and circles the ring once again.  Moss swipes at him from the apron when he comes around to his corner, and he backs off, then challenges him to come into the ring.  Denzel asks the crowd, which roars its approval, then tags in Charlie Moss.

COLE
And our first tag of the match!

Moss and Synth tie up, and Synth grabs a side headlock.  Moss backs him into the ropes, and shoves him across.  He drops down, then leapfrogs him, then drops down again, then catches him with a hiptoss!  He follows with a dropkick, then clotheslines him over the top to the floor!

COLE
And Synth out to the floor!

COACH
You know, I have to agree at this point, Cole, Synth really should make a tag here!

COLE
Well, if he makes a tag now, that would set up the matchup I think everyone's wanting to see out of this, and that's the tag team champions facing off against one another!

Synth re-enters the ring slowly, then charges after Moss, who catches him with a drop toe hold!  He then grabs an armbar, and brings him to his feet, making a tag to Denzel, who climbs to the top rope, and comes off with a chop to the shoulder!

COLE
But some nice teamwork on this side!

Denzel grabs an arm-wringer, wrenching on the arm, but Synth drives in a knee to the gut, then hammers him on the back, and takes him down with a kneelift!  He then tosses him into the corner, and tags in Benjamin.

COLE
And finally, a tag made, and Quentin Benjamin in there!

Benjamin kicks Denzel in the midsection, then whips him into the ropes, and floors him with a flying back elbow!  Cover...

Kickout!

Benjamin grabs an armbar, but Denzel manages to take him down to the mat, and grabs one of his own!

COLE
Nice counter there by Denzel!

Benjamin works his way to his feet, and reverses to a drop toe hold, then grabs the armbar again.  He tags Synth back in, and Synth wrings the arm, but Denzel reverses and wrings Synth's arm, then takes him down to the mat and drops a leg on it.  He then bars the arm, but Synth backs him into a corner, and delivers a shot to the face, then some shoulder thrusts.  Denzel gets out of the corner, but Synth maintain the advantage, kicking him in the gut.  He whips him across, then drops down, and gets up, only to collide with Denzel mid-ring!

COLE
And I think they hit heads!  Both men out in the center of the ring!

The referee counts...

1!!!

2!!!

3!!!

4!!!

5!!!

6!!!

Denzel crawls over and tags Moss, at which point Synth suddenly rolls to his corner and tags Benjamin!

COACH
Here we go, Cole!

COLE
Tags made on both side, the tag team champions are the legal men!

The crowd gets to their feet as Team Heyross steps into the ring, smiles on their faces.  They meet in the center and shake hands, then circle the ring.  They tie up, and Moss goes behind, grabbing a rear waistlock.  Benjamin reverses to one of his own, then Moss counters with a drop toe hold, before moving to a side headlock.  Benjamin works his way to his feet, and lifts Moss for a back suplex, but Moss hangs on and takes Benjamin back down to the mat.

COLE
Some nice wrestling here, which you would expect from Team Heyross!

Benjamin grabs Moss in a headscissors, and Moss flips over on top of him.

Benjamin bridges up, then turns Moss into a backslide!

Kickout!

Benjamin takes down Moss with a side headlock, and Moss grabs him in a headscissors.  Benjamin KIPS UP~! to escape, then he and Moss stop and soak in the cheers of the fans, before tagging out to Synth and Denzel.

COLE
The fans very appreciative of that action from the World tag team champions!

Synth kicks Denzel in the gut, then delivers a swinging neckbreaker!  He then backs into the ropes, looking for an elbowdrop, but Denzel rolls out of the way!  Denzel catches Synth as he gets to his feet with a SCISSOR KICK~!  Cover...

Benjamin breaks it up!  Moss comes in and taps Benjamin from behind, and gets floored with a spinkick!

COACH
Whoa!

Benjamin turns back around in shock, and checks on Moss, who gets his feet and shoves Benjamin!

COLE
Uh-oh!

COACH
I love it, Cole!  We've got dissension between the tag champs!

Benjamin shoves Moss back, and the two argue as the action continues, with Synth going to the middle rope, and attempting the SKY HOOK ELBOW~!!!!!11111...but Denzel moves out of the way!  Denzel then scoops the dazed Synth, and drills him with the CARRIBEAN COMPACTOR~!!!!!11111  Cover...

3!!!

*DING DING DING*

COLE
And that's it!  Denzel and Charlie Moss advance!

BUFFER
[i]The winners of the match...the team of CHARLIE MOSS and DENNNNNNNNNNZEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL SSSSSSSSSPENCCCCCCCCCCCERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!![/i]

The referee raises the hands of Denzel and Moss, and Benjamin makes up with Moss, then congratulates Spencer as well.

COLE
Well, a small disagreement between the tag champs, but everything smoothed over now!

Benjamin raises the hands of Moss and Spencer, when suddenly, Denzel is knocked through the ropes!

COLE
What was that?

The camera cuts back to the ring, where Benjamin is slugging away on Felix Strutter!

COLE
That's Felix Strutter in there, just knocked Denzel to the floor!

Ken Pantera joins the fray, flooring Charlie Moss with a clothesline!

COLE
And there's Ken Pantera!  What is going on here?

COACH
If it's what I think it is, I like it!

Pantera hammers Benjamin from behind, then holds him for Strutter, who delivers right hands.

COLE
Strutter and Pantera, the former Team Canada, have ambushed Team Heyross and Denzel Spencer!

Pantera backs Benjamin into a corner, then shoots him out hard, right into Strutter, who catches him with a running sleeperhold drop on the way by!

COACH
WHOA~!

Benjamin rolls over to his stomach, as Pantera knocks Denzel off the apron, then picks up Moss on his shoulders, standing in the corner with his back to the buckles, as Strutter climbs to the top, and hooks him, driving him all the way to the mat with a DDT~!

COLE
And Strutter with a DDT on Moss, who was sitting on Pantera's shoulders!

Strutter and Pantera gloat, showered with boos, as [i]Tom Sawyer[/i] plays over the speakers.

COACH
It looks like we've just seen a reunion here, Cole!

COLE
The team formerly known as Team Canada, "After Hours" Felix Strutter and Ken Pantera, have apparently joined forces once again, and have sent a message to the World tag team champions!

Sign in to follow this