TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anglesault

Something Scott should re-rant on.

Guest Anglesault

I was looking through the WCW nWo era PPVs, and I came across the Slamboree 97 rant. Now I'm not sure if this was just Scott's old style of writing or if he was just pissed with the show, but he kind of glossed over the matches and the whole thing is kind of embarrassingly bad.

Guest THE SHOCKMASTER

there is one good keith line

that i cant forget

when you talk about outdated

"chyna looks yummy tonight"

that just doesn't work

these days

SHOCK 0WNZ

Guest Army Eye

Yeah that rant seems rushed or something.  Seems like at the time, he might've been just pissed that the show was so bad.  (If only he had known what was coming)..

That was one show I skipped when it happened and haven't seen at all since.  With three football players in the top two matches it sounds dreadful

Guest Your God

Definitly UNCENSORED 96, WORLD WAR 3 97 or SLAMBOREE 97.  But I still say KOTR 96 needs a bit of a fleshing out, especially in the main event department.

However, I think we all stand in agreement that before he gets to those, he should fill in the gaps with the PPVs he didn't do yet--IYH 1, TUESDAY IN TEXAS, ROAD WILD 99, etc.

Guest Loss4Words

Slamboree '97 was pretty much a throwaway show except for the main event, which had atmosphere almost as awesome as the 10-man tag in Calgary a few months later. I gave that main event at Slamboree **** and the atmosphere was a big part of it. Add that to the fact that the NWO bumped like crazy for Flair and Piper and that the finish was awesome (all three beaten simultaneously) and you have a great match in my view.