TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Cucaracha

HD: WOTY Speech

Morgan comes out and looks somewhat like a deer in the headlights, with the spotlight and all eyes on her but no match to concentrate on. Approaching the podium, she picks up the award and looks out at the crowd. And pauses. For some time.

MORGAN
I... uhm...

Morgan leans into the microphone, one hand nervously running through her hair over and over again. Some of the crowd cheer, perhaps trying to encourage the nervous public speaker. Some boo coz she's a heel n kayfabe livez.

MORGAN
I'd like to... thank everyone who voted... for this. Uhhh... I'd like to thank Leon for being there for me.

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!"

MORGAN
Ple-please don't boo. He's been so supportive and so understanding and I really don't know what I'd have done without him.

"LE - ON SUCKS!"
"LE - ON SUCKS!"
"LE - ON SUCKS!"
"LE - ON SUCKS!"

Getting rattled by the chants, Morgan starts to fidget around.

MORGAN
I... I said [b]STOP[/b], o-okay?

The crowd are the ones rattled now and quiten down a little. Morgan takes a few breaths and calms herself down.

MORGAN
Being the Women's Champion and now... the Woman Of The Year... i-it really means a lot. It feels good. I guess. I'm... not really sure how it feels. I've... never really won anything before, so it's kinda...

Morgan trails off again. But, this time, it's not through nerves. Instead, she's interrupted, as [b]Lindsay Gonzalez[/b] crashes the stage! Morgan shies away as Lindsay approaches the podium and pulls the bendy microphone towards her.

LINDSAY
Morgan Nerdly. Woman Of The Year, huh? Hmm. Let me think about that. What's the matter, Morgan? You don't have to be nervous. I'm just out here to be the first to congratulate you on your win. This must be a very proud moment for you. And you know what, you deserve it. I've sat back and I've watched you throughout 2009. You're... quite something.

Lindsay sneers.

LINDSAY
But, let me tell you WHY I was watching you, Morgan. It's because you're the little girl, holding a woman's title. You're the girl who has what I want. The OAOAST Women's Title. A naive little thing like you, couldn't begin to grasp what that title means to someone like me. Someone who's been in this company longer than you've been out of grade school! Somebody who uses this business to make a living... and a very lucrative living at that. This is my business. This is a woman's business. And not one woman in this company understands it like I do. I've lead people to World Championships. Where-as you just subserve yourself to them.

Reaching across the podium, Lindsay picks up Morgan's Angle Award. Morgan's eyes grow worried as she sees her award being taken from her.

LINDSAY
Trust me. This time next year, it'll be Lindsay Gonzalez, OAOAST Women's Champion and 2010 Woman Of The Year! So, until then, enjoy your award...

Lindsay turns towards the stage and TOSSES the award away contemptuously. The award hits the stage with a thud and Morgan's heart sinks.

LINDSAY
:D

Laughing like a hyena, Lindsay walks off and leaves Morgan and her award in pieces. Morgan goes over to her award and drops to her knees, holding a broken-off piece of gold statue and looking on the verge of tears.

COLE
That was totally uncalled for. This should have been the happiest moment of poor Morgan's life. And Lindsay Gonzalez has the nerve to come out here and just toss her award away, break Morgan's award. What a bitch!

COACH
Yeah. But not just a bitch, a determined bitch. I like it.

Sign in to follow this