TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Cucaracha

HD: Landon/Black segment

Backstage we go, finding ourselves in the locker room of Cucaracha Internacional. Sat on the edge of their expensiv, imported leather couch (none of this cheap American stuff for international stars!), Landon Maddix rests his chin on his hands, clearly deep in thought. Sat in the seat to his side his Nathaniel Black. Looky even grumpier than usual, as he's sat in this 'informal meeting', with Megan stood between the two. Presumably incase anything should happen.

MADDIX
I'm going to be honest... I'm a little disappointed.

Black rolls his eyes, as Landon shifts in the chair, turning to Black.

MADDIX
Everything was going completely to plan. To the letter. We all went in knowing what we had to do and yet, all the hard work gets done, only for it to get screwed up right at the end. I mean, what the hell Nat? What happened?

BLACK
Well, I got thrown out.

MADDIX
No kidding. I mean, just a couple more seconds. [i]A couple more seconds[/i]. That's all you had to hang on for! Do you even realise how long I was in that Rumble? 

BLACK
No.

Landon pauses.

MADDIX
Me neither. But the point is, I was in there a long time, just like I knew I had to be. Sit it out until number 29. Take a break if I had to. Just wait it out safely. By which point you'd be in, Faqu'd be in and three on one we could toss everyone else in that ring over the top rope and settle things from there. That was the plan. What happened to you? You took your eye off the ball, Nat. You lost your concentration. And everything went, as you British like to say, "tits up" from there. If you were in the ring still, Faqu never would have been thrown out. I never would have been thrown out. One of us would have won that Rumble.

Shaking his head, Landon slumps back into the couch, head in hands. He sits back up, confronted by the two bored faces and sighs.

MADDIX
Look... I know you don't like me. Okay? But this stubborn resistance of yours, to put any faith in me. This pigheadedness, this insistence in your head that you know best. Where's that gotten you? Huh? Where did that get you before I came along? Long, poorly paid tours of Japan. Obscurity in Europe. The whole reason you linked up with James and Faqu was solidarity. And the reason you guys linked up with me is because you knew I could take you to that next level. [i]My[/i] way. A tried and tested way. What were you thinking out there, huh? To lose your concentration like that. Were you thinking about throwing me out? Saw my back was turned and contemplated double-crossing me, because that would be [i]your[/i] idea of going to the next level. Is that it?

Black doesn't answer back, staring right back at Landon.

MADDIX
You know what, I think you need to start trusting in me a bit more. Because I don't want to lose my trust in you. I know how good you are. How dangerous you are. But only if you're in on the plan instead of fighting against it. Think about it.

Standing up, Landon leaves shaking his head, with Black continuing to stare forward grumpily. Stepping into Landon's shoes, or at least his spot on the sofa, Megan looks almost as unimpressed with the peptalk as Black does. But not completely.

MEGAN
Well? Were you?

BLACK
Was I wot?

MEGAN
Thinking about throwing Landon out.

Black glares back at Megan and stands out of the seat.

BLACK
No. Although now, I'm startin' ta wish I 'ad. Saved someone else the bother.

Black now leaves, giving the door a good slam on his way out and giving Megan more problems to mull over.

Sign in to follow this