[b][color="#00FF00"]Bum, bum, bum, bum, bum, bum, bum, bum, bum

(Jesus Walks)
God show me the way because the Devil trying to break me down
(Jesus Walks with me)
The only thing that that I pray is that my feet don't fail me now
(Jesus Walks)
And I don't think there is nothing I can do now to right my wrongs
(Jesus Walks with me)
I want to talk to God but I'm afraid because we ain't spoke in so long[/color][/b]

Green and yellow lights fall across the neon entrance stage, while Kanye West’s smash hit “Jesus Walks” comes through the speakers. Wearing black slacks and a navy blazer, a smug Christian Wright emerges from the entrance way. At his side stands the equally confident and snobbish, Lorelei DeCenzo. The two Enterprise members hook arms and travel down the entrance ramp with noses held high as green pyro explodes at the side of the stage.

MELISSA
Ladies and gentlemen it is time for a quarterfinal King Of The Ring contest with a time limit of ten minutes! Now entering ringside, accompanied by Lorelei DeCenzo, he weighs 8 1/3 bars of gold, from Washington DC, he is THE GOD CHILD….CHRISTIAN WRIIIIGHTTTTT! 

Lorelei and CW take up position at ringside, discussing both strategy and their hatred of this western Canadian town. 

Fall Out Boy’s “Thriller” plays to a great reception as red and blue lights flicker on the neon lit entry way. An orange pyro missile descends from the scoreboard, crashing directly onto the skating rink. The home audience is then shown an overhead view of the rink, which features shimmering flames in the form of a bull’s head. The camera then pans down to reveal the handsome face of The Lonestar Gunslinger, Baron Windels! At his side stands the daisy duked lovely known as Melody Nerdly. Melody takes off BW’s open white Texas logoed jersey and the two head towards ring side. God damn does Baron have a complicated entrance.

MELISSA
And his opponent, being accompanied by the nerdiest and most embarrassing of my family, he weighs in at two hundred sixty five pounds, and comes from San Antonio, Texas….he is THE LONESTAR GUNSLINGER…..BARRRROOOOON WINDELLLLLSSSSSS

COLE
Coach, this is going to be an amazing match between two of our best young superstars.

COACH
No doubt, the undefeated Centennial Man against The Lethal Rumble runner up Baron Windels.

Baron heads to the top rope, and nods his head to an appreciative cheer from the enthused Canadian fanbase.

DING DING DING

Wright wastes no time with pleasantries or feeling things out. He simply zips towards Windells with cruel intent. The Gunslinger drops down to his stomach and trips up his approaching opponent with a drop toe hold! Wright is back to his feet with great speed, but finds himself under fire with a pair of left crosses that back him into the corner. Trapped against the ring posts, Wright is besieged by knee strikes that bomb against his stomach.

COLE
Give full credit to Baron Windels for coming out the gate ready to fight. 

Windels grabs hold of his opponent’s arm and tosses him across the ring. Wright lands in the opposite corner short of breath. But he has enough strength to raise his brooks brother loafers to ward off Windels. The handsome cowboy shakes off the pain to his chin and charges at his foe with a corner lariat. But The God Child wisely rolls beneath the strike, leaving Windels to crash into the corner.  Wright savors having control and executes his attacks perfectly, beating Baron’s muscular chest with European uppercuts. 

COACH
Those things could rip flesh right off your bones!

COLE
The Centennial Man is fighting with extra intensity tonight, not just to win the King of The Ring but to also keep his unbeaten streak alive.

Wright pulls BW out the corner in order to send him to the far ropes. Unfortunately for him BW regains his strength and lays him out with diving lariat to the face! 

“YEAAAAAAAA!” the fans cheer, causing Lorelei to give them a disapproving glare.

Windels mounts CW and batters him with brutal punches that have his head snapping like a tether.  At the referee’s urging, BW ends his closed fisted attack and drags his opponent to his feet.  He then takes himself to the ropes bouncing back to encounter a spinning lariat from his foe. But BW ducks the hold, and skids to a complete stop behind Wright.  He then grabs onto his waist and throws him backwards with a release German Suplex! The audience and Melody clap as BW pops up with arms raised.

COLE
The OAOAST Galaxy loves Baron Windels! His fight, his drive, his eight pack, he’s got it all.

Windels climbs to the top rope, and again works to pump up the Edmonton audience. Unfortunatley any joy derived from that gesture is short lived, as Lorelei raises herself onto the ring apron and shoves BW off! To the audience’s horror BW is sent diving from the posts, crash landing into the cold steel guardrail.

“Set phasers to kill, we’re going in!” Melody orders to herself. 

With the referee holding an angered Melody at bay, Wright is able to freely exit the ring. He brings BW to his feet and drags him towards the stairs.  With the crowd jeering him, he tosses BW into the metal cases.  Such a violent and vicious move isn’t even enough to satisfy CW’s bloodlust.  Thusly he captures Windels inside a front facelock, and then flings him backwards with a snap suplex.  Windels back arches as he grimaces in agony over the attack. 

“BOOOOOOOO!”

“SILENCE!” Windels chides the audience as he rolls his foe back into the squared circle. Following Windels into the ring, Wright strikes hard with a stomp to the back of his head. Wright then pulls BW to his feet, an clamps his arms around his waist. Within several moments he pulls BW into the air and drives him down to the canvas with a back suplex. Fairly pleased with that attack, CW attempts the contest’s first pinfall….

ONE!

TWO!

BW’s shoulder comes up after a long two count.     

“Dear squire, I do entertain the thought that mayhaps thou’s count may hath been more deliberate than intended.”

Done with politely chastising the referee, Wright hauls Windels to his feet. He then swings his arms around Windels’ waist, and drops him across and outstretched knee for a back breaker.  Wright pushes the agonized Windels off his knee and makes another cover attempt…..

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

Nah, I’m fuckin with ya, Baron kicksout!

“YEAAAAAAAAAAA!”

“You will give me silence or your lives will pay the forfeit of the quietude!” A frustrated Wright chides the OAOAST Marks. 

“YOU SUCK! YOU SUCK! YOU SUCK!”

His stomach turning over the annoying insults, Wright lifts BW to his feet. He weakens him with several European uppercuts before tossing him into the cables. When BW returns, Wright gets beneath his shoulders and throws him into the air with the Wright Off (sky high)! The fans jump back, fearful this could spell the end for the handsome Texan.  The referee counts the sitout pinfall….

ONE!

TWO!

The fans are thrilled and relieved to see BW pop out of the pinfall! This highly displeases Wright and forces him into a change of strategy. As such he hooks his foe into an armbar. The pain shoots through BW’s limb almost immediately. He squirms and writhes, trying to slip out the submission. Wright refuses to allow escape, and clamps down with murderous grip. On the outside Melody takes to asking the fans for encouragement. They respond with loud and vocal chants

“LET’S GO BARON! LET’S GO BARON! LET’S GO BARON!”

COLE
BW’s arm is being torn at, ripped apart by this cold calculating individual. 

Slowly, very slowy, does BW begin fighting to his feet. CW attempts to tighten his hold, but finds that his efforts do not hinder BW from climbing upright. Soon he’s filled with anger and disgust, as The Lonestar Gunslinger fights his way upwards. With the hold broken BW uses his good arm to punish his opponent with powerful forearms.  But that flurry of attacks is quickly shut down by CW, who topples Windels with a European uppercut! While the fans boo the strike, Wright latches onto BW’s thick legs.  He then bridges backwards and throws BW into the corner with a slingshot. Windels sags to the canvas, his head ringing from the crash into the posts.

COACH
The God Child is wrestling a perfect match, Mikey He’s gonna be tough to face in the latter rounds.

COLE
He has to make it out the first round first, don’t forget that.

BW is back onto his feet, but is sagging against the corner. This leaves him exposed to The Cennetenial Man vile plans; his flesh is ripped apart by a series of knife edge chops.  The referee attempts to pull CW away, as BW has both hands around the top rope. But The God Child does not appreciate such interruptions and informs the  referee of such. However, the offical doesn’t seem to care for Wright’s issues and brushes him aside. This idea is an awesomely poor one as it gets the foolish official shoved to the ground. 

“BOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

“You are a fiend and a villain!” Wright remarks to the referee, even as he threatens a DQ.

COLE
That should get Wright disqualified from this contest!

COACH
No, no, don’t let the referee decide this match. 

Wright turns away from the humiliated offical to go back to tormenting BW. Unfortunatley for him, he’s the tormented one as BW nails him with a top rope lariat.

“Its clobberin’ time!” Melody shouts to the capacity crowd.

“YEAAAAAAAAAA!” the fans celebrate, to Lorelei’s annoyance.

Windels follows his signature strike with a pinfall…

ONE!

TWO!

CW makes his way out the pinfall. Not wanting to get pinned again, he hurriedly steps upright. However, his desires go unfulfilled as BW brings him downwards with a roll up. The referee moves into position to count the pinfall….

ONE!

TWO!

CW pops out the pinfall once again. He and BW head upright at the same time. Despite being rolled up, CW strikes first, bridging BW into a pinfall with a Northern Lights suplex. Lorelei commands the referee to count the pinfall…

ONE!

TWO!

Windels kicksout the pinfall! He quickly springs upright and takes off to the ropes. They spit him back at Wright, and he raises his arm for a deadly lariat. But CW ducks the strike. BW skids to a halt, hoping to catch CW with a Myspace Comeback (boomerang lariat) But The God Child captures him into a rear waistlock that’s used to throw him backwards with a German Suplex!  

With pitbull like tenacity, CW rolls BW off the canvas in hopes of hitting a second German Suplex. However, BW steadfastly refuses to be taken down and begins hammering CW’s skull with elbows. The strikes inflict enough damage and pain to force The God Child to relinquish his hold. Now free of Wright’s grasp, Windells lunges forward and takes down CW with a diving lariat! As the fans salute the attack, BW attempts a pinfall…

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

Well, it would be three if Lorelei hadn’t stepped onto the ring apron to distract the referee. 

COLE
We’re sort of winding down on time here. Remember folks its only a ten minute time limit, and Lorelei’s wasting a lot of it.

Incredibly frustrated, BW grumbles to himself as he attempts to gain the attention of the referee. However, turning his back on Wright proves to be a monumentally bad idea, as The Centennial Man rolls him up for a pinfall. Right on cue Lorelei departs the ring apron to allow the referee to perform his duties…

ONE!

TWO!

BW makes the kickout, which pleases all of Edmonton. Not as pleased, of course, is Wright who chides Windels for his resiliency.

“LET’S GO BARON! LET’S GO BARON! LET’S GO BARON!” the sold out crowd sings.

Windells brings himself to his feet, and immediately begins trading hands with The God Child. The bigger, stronger Windells wins the test of might and pummels CW into the corner. Windells backs away for the moment and works up the audience into a frenzied cheer. With the fans on his side, he rushes forward with a raised knee that connects perfectly with Wright’s jaw! As the audience delights in CW’s misery, The Enterprise member awkwardly staggers out from the corner.

COACH
These dudes better hurry up and make something happen, Mikey.

COLE 
Exactly, time is a commodity they don’t have a lot of.

BW swings for the fences with a mighty lariat. However, CW ducks it, and oddly thanks himself for doing so. But he’s quickly felled with a boomerrang lariat!

“YEAAAAAAAAA!”

COLE
The Myspace Comeback!  Vintage Baron Windels! cThat has to be it as the time limit nears.

Windels hooks the legs for a crucial pinfall…

ONE!

TWO!

The God Child throws his shoulder off the canvas.

MELISSA
Thirty five seconds remaining!

“THAT WAS THREE! THAT WAS THREE! THAT WAS THREE!”

“Too much excitement! Too much!” Melody exclaims, “I need my inhaler!”

“Get up!” Windels orders his snooty foe. Wright does just that, but also takes BW by surprise by driving him into the corner. There he blasts BW with his ultra powerful European uppercuts. Baron winces in agony, as the white hot pain explodes on his chest.

MELISSA
Fifteen seconds remaining!

COACH
Gotta hurry up, Christian, you need to put him away now. Right now!

MELISSA
Ten seconds remaining!

Wright realizes that time is running short and drags BW to the center of the ring. He lifts him for the Stockmarket Crash (gord buster). However BW quickly fights out the hold. With CW stunned by the escape, BW is able to drill him to the canvas with the Brigham Young Cocktail (leaping DDT!)

“YEAAAAAAAAAA!”

A pinfall quickly follows….

ONE!

TWO!

BZZZZZZZZT! THREEE!

COLE
Was that three? Has Christian Wright’s unbeaten streak been snapped?

COACH
No way, he didn’t get the pinfall off in time.

The referee walks over to Melissa to inform the Nerdly girl of the outcome of the hotly contested bout. Melissa nods slowly, surprised by the referee's decision. 

MELISSA
Ladies and Gentlemen, I regret to inform you that this King Of The Ring contest has ended in a time limit draw! Neither man will advance to the semifinals!

“BOOOOOOOOOO!” the fans seethe, only inches of anger away from littering the ring with debris.

BW can’t believe the ill luck that has struck him, and holds his head in his hands. Melody attempts to comfort him, but little can be done to ease his mind. Christian, on the other hand, is content with the unusual outcome. Knowing full well that Windels was about to end his winning streak, The God Child thanks the wrestling gods for their mercy.

COACH
Let’s talk straight up this loser Baron Windels! Can’t win the rumble because he turned his back on the guy he was supposed to eliminate, and now can’t even hit his damn finisher on time to get a win. He’s like a rich man’s Biff Atlas. And a rich man’s Biff Atlas ain’t worth more than 50 cents and a subway token.

Sign in to follow this