TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Cucaracha

NS: Denzel vs. CPA

"In The Air Tonight" by Nonpoint hits again and for the second time tonight, CPA walks out, puffing on a brand new cigar.

MELISSA
The following contest is a semi final match in the King Of The Ring tournament! Introducing first. From Miami, Florida... weighing two hundred and eighty pounds, V.I.C.E member CHRISTOPHER PATRICK ALLEN... C... P... A!!!!

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!"

CPA enters the ring, all business.

COLE
Our first and our only semi-final match. And here's how the tournament lies after the first round. Landon Maddix, through to the Final, courtesy of a bye after his victory against Colombian Heat and the ten minute time-limit draw between Christian Wright and Baron Windels. Landon awaits the winner of this match, between CPA, who was dominant earlier on against Tim Cash, and CPA's opponent, who looked similarly impressive in his first round encounter with Thunderkid, Denzel Spencer.

Right on cue, "Master Blaster (Jammin')" plays and the Heartland Champion appears, with a parade of green and yellow pyrotechnics.

MELISSA
And his opponent. From Montego Bay, Jamaica... weighing two hundred, twenty five pounds. The OAOAST HEARTLAND CHAMPION... DDEEEENNZZZZEEELLLLL... SSSPPPEEENNCCCEEEEERRRRR!!!!

"YYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!"

Denzel slides into the ring and sets off some more of the green 'n gold stuff. In the background, away from the pyro, CPA stands shadow boxing, eyes fixed on the back of Spencer's head.

COLE
Denzel was able to overcome a size disadvantage earlier on against Thunderkid. But CPA, one of the OAOAST's real big boys.

*DINGDINGDING*

Ready to go, Denzel squares up to CPA, guard up ready to box. Or so it seems. CPA just looks at him and chuckles as he puts up his fists as well, but Denzel surprises him with a kick to the thigh. Annoyed at that, Allen throws a big right hand, which Denzel ducks, firing another kick to the thigh. And another one. CPA reaches out and grabs Denzel by the throat, stopping him for a second. The Jamaican quickly swats the arm away though and hits a dropkick, sending CPA through the ropes and to the outside!

"YYYYEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHH!!"

CPA slaps the apron in frustration as Denzel gets the crowd fired up.

COLE
Of course we've got one very interested spectator in this match, Landon Maddix. And I believe that Landon is joining us right now...

As CPA takes his time on the outside, a picture-in-picture box appears in the top corner showing Landon Maddix and Megan Skye backstage, watching.

COLE
And Landon, if you can hear us, what are you thinking as you watch these two potential opponents?

LANDON
Well I'm always thinking. You know that. Always working on a gameplan, a strategy.

CPA climbs back into the ring and Denzel makes the mistake of trying to lock up. He's quickly over-powered and forced to the mat with a painful looking head vice manoeuver, the neck being twisted to one side.

COLE
You've got to be feeling pretty good right now knowing that you're already in the Finals and your opponent will have to wrestle an extra match. Quite the stroke of luck for you in getting a bye.

LANDON
Hey, it's not my fault ol' "Tex" couldn't get the job done, yet again. Surprised he's not out here whining and complaining about a second chance, like he was when he wanted my 8-Man Tag Titles. Bye or no bye, doesn't matter. I'd have beaten Baron, I'd have beaten Christian Wright, I'd have beaten either of them, I'd already be in the Finals either way. Luck's got nothing to do with why I am where I am today Michael Cole.

Denzel manages to fight back to his feet and tries to escape with some shots to the gut on CPA, but a clubbing blow over the back cuts him off. Landon grimaces at this, before glancing back up to camera.

COLE
So looking at this match, who are you routing for? Who would you rather face in the finals? CPA or Denzel?

LANDON
You know, it really doesn't matter...

In the ring, CPA delivers another clubbing blow and Landon catches it out of the corner of his eye, grimacing again.

LANDON
...it doesn't matter. Either.

COLE
You really don't have any preference whatsoever?

LANDON
Of course not. I mean, if you're suggesting that maybe I'd be 'afraid' or facing... one of these two men? No. I'm not afraid of anybody. It doesn't matter who I face in the Final, I'm ready for anybody, I...

MEGAN
(cutting in)
We want Denzel to win, because of the size difference.

LANDON
.....yeah. Yeah, that's... yeah. Fine. But that doesn't mean I'm afraid of CPA.

COLE
Thank you for joining us Landon.

Bravado stepped on, Landon hangs his head a little as the picture in picture goes away and we see CPA cranking away on the neck of Spencer again.

COLE
Well, at least one of those two is willing to cut the bull and tell it like it is. Landon is better matched in size against Denzel than CPA. Where's the shame in that?

COACH
...he's not afraid, okay!

COLE
I never even suggested he was!

Fighting back to his feet again Denzel puts everything he's got into some elbows to the breadbasket, freeing himself from the vice-like grip of CPA. He then hits the ropes, running into the path of a Big Boot, but able to baseball slide underneath Allen's leg! CPA stumbles and Denzel capitalises with a schoolboy...

No!

Denzel delivers some forearms to CPA, keeping him off balance, then hits the ropes. A flying attack is thwarted as CPA catches the Jamaican in mid-air, blocking whatever he was planning to do before tossing him aside in irritation. However, Denzel lands on his feet. As CPA charges, Denzel then sidesteps and guides the bigman into the turnbuckles chest first. Denzel pumps his fist, but suddenly gets grabbed as he goes to attack and is spun and thrown into the turnbuckles himself!

COACH
Woah!

COLE
Power from Allen!

As Denzel picks himself up in the corner, CPA lines him up. A hard bodyshot connects. And another one, lifting Denzel off his feet. As does a third.

COLE
Just look at the force of those punches. Brutal.

COACH
Nothing CPA likes more than treating someone like a human punching bag. So much more fun than just a regular punching bag.

CPA whips Denzel into the opposite corner. Up and over goes Denzel though, managing to evade CPA's charge. CPA turns around and gets caught with another dropkick, throwing him back into the corner. Denzel rushes in and gets backdropped over the top, but manages to land on the apron. He avoids a big right from Allen and feeds a shoulder through the ropes into the gut.

COLE
There's the speed and the evasiveness that Denzel needs.

Shrugging off the shot to his midsection CPA goes to grab Denzel again, but the Heartland Champion surprises him by sliding in under the bottom rope and through his legs!

COLE
Nice escape!

Back up, Denzel hits the ropes again. A clothesline rocks CPA, but doesn't put him down.

COLE
Denzel trying to pick up the pace here. He's got to rely on that speed and that agility here against the bigman, try and keep him on his toes.

Connecting with a second clothesline Denzel rocks CPA back a step more than last time and decides to take a risk, going to the top rope. He soars in off the top, looking for a big flying crossbo... CAUGHT! CPA catches Denzel in mid-air and then SLAMS him into the mat!

Kickout!

COLE
Denzel may have rolled the dice too early on that one.

COACH
Yeah that wasn't so smart. Why you gonna dive right into a dude that back? Might as well take a running jump into a moving train.

CPA drags Denzel back up with a handful of hair. A big headbutt staggers Denzel, the turnbuckles the only thing to keep him up. CPA whips him into the opposite corner and follows up with a big corner clothesline. Staggering out, Spencer is then scooped up and hit with a Sidewalk Slam! Leg hooked...

Kickout!

Scoop and a slam by CPA, coming off the ropes and dropping a big elbow!

No!

COLE
We all know the desire that Denzel Spencer has. He's not going to give this one up without a fight.

COACH
That's okay. CPA ain't fussed. He'll take his time.

CPA picks Denzel up, giving him another headbutt. The Jamaican is in search of the support of the crowd at this point and gets it, the Edmonton crowd willing him on. Whipped into the ropes, Denzel is picked up for another sideslam. However he manages to twist and wriggle his body around and surprise everybody by turning a bad situation into a Swinging DDT and plant CPA's head into the canvas!!

"YYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!"

COLE
What a great counter there, Denzel all the way around the world and out the other side in the blinking of an eye!

Both men are down and the referee starts his count. Eventually Denzel is able to turn over and cover CPA though...

Kickout!

COACH
Forceful kickout though! CPA ain't done yet. This is a dude who was made to be King!

Struggling back to their feet, both men are up at the same time. Denzel tries to attack the legs with some more kicks, then fires away with a few right hands. Standing up to all this CPA tries to take Denzel's head off with a clothesline, narrowly avoided by the Heartland Champion. Off the ropes, he flies back at CPA with a crossbody, this time enough to knock him down...

No!

Denzel feeds a leg to CPA, caught, but setting the bigman up for an Enziguri!

COLE
That one rocked CPA!

Falling to his knees CPA is rolled up with a La Magistral cradle!

No!

Denzel hits the ropes again and comes steaming back at CPA, who instinctively reaches out and palms Denzel up into the air... bringing him down chest-first over the top ring rope!!

"OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!"

COLE
Hung him out to dry! And Denzel better watch out, because CPA looks ready to unleash the Gigaton Punch!

CPA crouches down, waiting for Denzel to pick himself back up. Out of the corner he comes charging and throws the big Gigaton Punch... but Spencer ducks! He wheels around, looking to catch CPA off guard. But CPA catches him and drives him into the mat with a Front Spinebuster instead!!

COACH
Wham~!

Dropping to his knees, CPA stacks Spencer up on his shoulders...

NO!

COLE
A kickout from Denzel! And CPA looks dumbfounded.

COACH
He looks pissed off, is what he looks!

After staring down the referee, CPA drags Denzel back up off the mat with a scowl on his face. Roughly putting on a gutwrench the bigman takes Denzel up over his shoulder and tries to finish him off with the Dominator, but Denzel wriggles free again! With a high leap, a spinning roundhouse kick cracks CPA in the back of the head and he falls forward, hitting the middle rope.

COLE
What a shot that was. Now CPA really looks dumbfounded!

Bouncing up off the ropes CPA then walks into a surprise codebreaker!!

COLE
OH! Got him with the codebreaker! That set up Thunderkid earlier, is it going to work again here!?

Up to the top Denzel wastes no time, doing as he did to TK as he hits the KINPUPPALICK and hooks a leg...

3!!!!!

"YYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!"

COLE
YES! Denzel Spencer, going to the Finals!

*DINGDINGDING!*

Rolling to his feet Denzel holds the back of his head, nursing the effects of the match even as he pumps his fists in celebration at the victory.

MELISSA
Your winner of the match, advancing to the King Of The Ring Final... DDEEENNZZZEEEELLLLL SSSPPEEEEENNCCCEEEEEERRR!!!!

"YYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!"

Denzel punches the air and celebrates his victory, clearly hurting as he does so though.

COLE
So it will be Denzel Spencer, the Heartland Champion, to take on Landon Maddix to crown our first ever King Of The Ring! And boy what an effort it was here from Denzel to overcome the bigman CPA.

COACH
That's the keyword, an 'effort'. He had a tough match earlier, now a tough match here with CPA. Meanwhile, Landon been sat in the back, kicking back and chilling out since the start of the show with only one match under his belt.

COLE
Denzel may be at a disadvantage from a fatigue standpoint, but I don't think that will bother him at all right now. He's going to the Final. And that should be one heck of a Final right there.

Sign in to follow this