TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kotzenjunge

A Defense of Moderates and Liberalism

Guest Kotzenjunge

No, you just hadn't gotten a TV logo thingie yet. I don't know what TSM's policy is on its material appearing on other sites, that's all.

Kotzenjunge

Boob Tube Master

Guest MrRant

Huh... should have reminded me. I will do it tonight. Considering how much stuff is cross-posted from TSM I wouldn't imagine they care.

Guest EricMM
Don't 85-90% of the people in this country believe in God? If so who the fuck am I to say tht because I don't, that they can't have a nativity scene on the common or put up a Manora(sp?), or whatever?

What happened to "tolerance" and "multi-culturalism"?

Or is it that you can only be tolerant of other's cultures if they aren't white Christians? Seems that way to me.

When Santa is getting protested then you know there's a problem.

Now you get it. You can only be tolerant of minorities. We have to celebrate Kwanza MUCH more than we officially celebrate Christmas. But honestly We don't get a Kwanza day off, but we get a Christmas and Easter break. It's just that we can't mention it.

I really hate it when if someone's being anti-me they're being expressive, but because I'm white if I'm anti-them all of a sudden it's racism time. Yeah, like I'm more racist than everyone who dissed me because I was white growing up. If I'd've called them stupid black kids I would have been kicked out of school, but I was "white boy" for YEARS.

I'm liberal but I'm not stupid. Don't confuse the two anymore.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

They still call it Christmas Vacation here, but in the 20 years I've lived in this town, there's been less than half a dozen black people to ever live here, and a chinese family that runs a restaurant. This town is basically 100% white working class/middle class. Oh, there's 4 Indian or Pakistani doctors. They're one of the two, but I'm not sure where they're from exactly.

Guest Some Guy

It used to be "Christmas vacation" in elementary school. We would do X-Mas chorus shows (mandatory) for the parents and we would sing all X-mas songs and "Dradel, Dradel, Dradel, I made it out of clay" or whatever to pacify the 3 Jews in the school. Then by the time 4th or 5th grade came around Christmas became a bad word and Kwanza (what teh fuck is that?) showed up.

To touch on this a little further, I heard on the radio the otehr day that there are only about 1.6 million Muslims in the country, this is an incredibly small amount of people when compared to the 285 Million in the country. Why should i or anyone else go out of their way to change their lives or the way they celebrate things for .5% of the country?

Guest Kahran Ramsus
To touch on this a little further, I heard on the radio the otehr day that there are only about 1.6 million Muslims in the country, this is an incredibly small amount of people when compared to the 285 Million in the country. Why should i or anyone else go out of their way to change their lives or the way they celebrate things for .5% of the country?

We shouldn't. We should just be tolerant to their beliefs (ex. letting them have the day off work, etc). My first year roommate in university was a Muslim, and he fully respected our celebration of Christmas, and simply treated it as most atheiests do. The majority governs whatever country you live in. If I go to Japan, I don't expect a mass celebration of Christmas, but I would celebrate it by myself or some other Christians.

I'm not saying that we should ignore the minorities (we should have some knowledge about their cultures), but the majority should always get the largest voice.

Guest Some Guy

I agree completely, I ignore all the other holidays and really don't pay much attention to anything but X-Mas, presents own, but working 12 hours on X-mas eve and 6 on X-mas day don't.

What I have a problem with is the anit-Christian zeolots who seemingly have nothing better to do than try to steal X-Mas, and I don't see a happy ending like in the Grinch.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Some of it gets ridiculous, I mean, I'm about as much of an anti-christian zealot as you can get, but at least I still enjoy myself around the holidays.

Guest Olympic Slam
Then by the time 4th or 5th grade came around Christmas became a bad word and Kwanza (what teh fuck is that?) showed up.

A few years back I heard an official tag line for Kwanza that pretty much puts the whole holiday in perspective...... "Kwanza: The Ancient Tradition of 25 years."