TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Syxx

Problems with the board

Guest Syxx

This board is usually a place of intelligent conversation, and well thought out opinions, however about 30% of the posters on here behave like cattle. I always noticed it existed on here, but in the last week it really started to bother me. First off the people it is cool to hate on the board: HHH, Nash, X-Pac, The Hardy Boyz, Warrior, Hogan, Michaels, and sometimes RVD and Lesnar, plus others I am forgetting.

Now if any of the above wrestlers ever go over, or say anything, they are automatically regarded as liars, or being selfish, or met with"Why did they go over, they always do". Whenever they job the usual suspects never give them credit they just say something to the effect of "its about time" or something similar. It is like the media only the bad is analyzed they are never given credit for the good. Heard anyone give Hogan any credit for laying down for almost everyone including tapping out clean to Angle since he came back? No, all u hear is pure shit like Hogan lobbied himself for the title, which is is bull. The more annoying part of the board though is the repetitive and often tasteless jokes that are thrown at people, just because it is not cool to like them. Michaels is referred to as a "cripple" (is dynamite kid ever greeted with such kindness), anything Roberts says is not true (inset crack joke here). These are fucking people, with real problems, and feelings just because they have been in the spotlight doesnt give u the right to insult them about their problems that they have little control over, it is rude, and makes you look stupid and bitter. HHH cant ever have a negative opinion of someone or else he will be accused of holding him down, like nobody else except Steph, and HHH have power in the WWE, everyone ultimately answers to VKM, u know.

In closing can people try and be a little more independent when it comes to formulating ideas, and stop using repetitive jokes over and over. We get it, Nash is lazy, now leave him the fuck alone, and dont crowd up board space putting yourself over as a comedian at his expense. U guys talk about the writers sucking, well some of u are way more unfunny and repetive then they have ever been, so take a look in the mirror.

Guest dreamer420
U guys talk about the writers sucking, well some of u are way more unfunny and repetive then they have ever been, so take a look in the mirror.

i think they may be more unfunny and repetitive because it isn't their jobs!

Guest Anglesault
Heard anyone give Hogan any credit for laying down for almost everyone including tapping out clean to Angle since he came back?

Uhm...me.

Guest Syxx

You guys can travel in packs all u want, but dammit, dont drag Mclargehuge down, he is too good for this crap. Yeah it isnt their jobs dreamer, but for the sake of humanity their lame attempts at being funny should come to a cease, I heard them the first time. I would like this board to be a place of thought provoking dialogue, not a sad rehashing of blatant speculation for the most part. :angry:

Guest Kingpk
You guys can travel in packs all u want, but dammit, dont drag Mclargehuge down, he is too good for this crap. Yeah it isnt their jobs dreamer, but for the sake of humanity their lame attempts at being funny should come to a cease, I heard them the first time. I would like this board to be a place of thought provoking dialogue, not a sad rehashing of blatant speculation for the most part. :angry:

It's a wrestling message board on the internet, what the fuck did you expect? MEMSA meetings? Just ignore that "30%" of livestock.

Off topic: Damn, Buffy: The Musical is hella cool. 1000x better than That 70s Show "rock opera"

Off topic 2: New JLH pic tomorrow.

Guest alfdogg

How am I a sheep? I was just pointing out that I did in fact give Hogan props for putting Angle over. It was just a coincidence that AS had already done it. So all that needed to be said was "me too."

Guest The Man in Blak

Here's my advice - if you really don't like that 30% of the posters and they really piss in your cheerios, then just walk away for a little bit. It's not like there is some divine mandate from the heavens that firmly states that you have to come here and endure conversation you don't like. It's a message board.

Hell, it's what I did and it was a great vacation.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I gave Hogan credit for putting Angle, HHH and Rock over clean.

I still don't like him on my tv.

But I give him credit for doing his job for a change.

Guest M Nyland

Bahhhhhh....I'm a sheep...so what.....

90% of wrestling fans are sheep....whether they be casual or smark or whatever. They see opinions of someone that they consider to be "cool" and they take them on and try to expand them and make them their own, throwing thier own twist onto it.

Everybody wanted to see Lesnar debut....so he did....then we realized that the way the WW_ developed him that he isn't as good...so we shunned him...now he is showing us that he is able to do a LITTLE...so we are accepting him....

I didn't see the world FALL TO THEIR KNEES for "Hunter Hearst Helmsley" in 1996 (or whatever) .... but look where he got himself....he is one of (if not THE) most hated person of the SmartMark Forum regulars.

I, however, don't consider myself a regular. Before my post-a-thon last night I only had 16 posts...wow...and most were for "SMARK KREW"....something completely different....

I am a member of the RVD/Storm Revolultion because I have liked them both IMMENSELY since I saw Barely Legal 97....sure RVD might be spotty at times and Storm has less charisma than a stick....but that is why I like them...

I like RVD for his originality...I like Storm for his character and skill....

like it or not...Storm has a consistant character that hasn't changed much over 3 years.......he is a good heel and I hope he stays that way. He can work a crowd into his hand and then when someone interrupts him they cheer......that is how a heel is supposed to be.

I'm a sheep....I like RVD, Booker T, Goldust (always have...the Razor Ramon stuff was awesome), Angle, Benoit (i actually liked him more in WCW), etc, etc, etc.....

I hate HGH...he has been nothing since 2000...even last year he had problems that made me scream "WHAT THE ____!" ...like when he won the IC Title...and just anything to do with his stuff with Austin after Wrestlemania....

HHH's leaving last year opened up room for Angle, Jericho, and the InVasion......I am fully convinced that the invasion would have been alot worse if Trips had been involved... I don't think their would have been one......sure Austin beat the crap out of all of them in 5 minutes with a poolstick....but HHH would have just walked down a line of them and said "OVW...OVW....OVW....JOB....OVW....OVW....JOB...."

Sure that last line is pretty "normal" for a HHHater and is complete speculation as to what HHH actually does during his day. But unless he is a COMPLETE MORON he would have to realize the kind of power he has. He has his women as head writer and her dad OWNS THE PLACE!

No matter how much I hate him...I would do the same shit if I was in that spot...but I would do things that would help the company AND me...not just me...

Because if I help the company...I help myself.... it's called MORE MONEY...and I'm all for that...

I AM A SHEEP....BAH! screw what the others think!

if you wish to join "THE SHEEP" please find some way of getting in touch with me...maybe we can start a new little group full of people that just follows what the other say....or MAYBE NOT...but i am proud to be a SHEEP...

I have my own opinions...they just happen to match the opinions of others....

Be Proud...Be A SHEEP! BAH!

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

Another one of these threads....

Guest Syxx

CWM was right to walk away, but I refuse too, if these people take pride in being sheep, what does that say about their character. Alfdogg, I dont necessarily consider you a sheep, you seem to be at least one of the most outspoken leaders of your tribe, which I give u credit for, and even though your sig is offensive to me (volunteer special olympics coach) I can let it slide, cause I would have probably had something similar up as a kid with no respect, that offended minorities. In conclusion if yall want to be sheep I cant tell u otherwise, its a lot better to have your own opinion, and come to conclusions by yourself but to each his own I guess. I guess wrestling fans do fall under the very stereotypes that I refused to accept throughout my whole life, if this is the best dialogue we have to offer. M Nyland I am now joining the sheep.

Guest Big McLargeHuge

Jesus, people I was kidding with the sheep line. That's what the smiley was for. 'sides, I gave Hogan credit as well.

Guest M Nyland
Jesus, people I was kidding with the sheep line. That's what the smiley was for. 'sides, I gave Hogan credit as well.

Well I've always been one to take things seriously....BAH.... and heck...it gives us something...*GASP*...different to talk about.......

.....Are our opinions repetitive?.....

Like I said....I am a sheep...

but that doesn't mean I don't have my own opinions....

if all our dialogue revolves around RVD, HHH, Angle, Jericho, etc....who cares...

Casual fans talk about how great the Hardyz are, how much they enjoy Hulk Hogan, why HHH is the coolest, why they don't like the nWo for casual fan (and not politicial) reasons...

it's all the same...but here where the whole world can see how repetitive we can be...it seems to magnify it more than it needs to be...

I'm a sheep.......where the hell is my summer of RVD!?

BAH....what ever happened to the "Tazz needs pushed!" people?

Guest Vern Gagne

Why does Hogan deserve credit for doing what he should be doing?

Guest saturnmark4life

Watching with my friends, hogan tapping and the booker/rock/goldust skit were the only times there was any life in that room for KOTR. Well we were laughing our asses off at the main event, but that's different. Hulk's not doing no harm anymore, i'm content to have him stick around a while longer and job some.

Guest M Nyland

Casual Sheep: Cause he slammed Andre....and beat Seargent Slaughter...and slammed that HORRIBLE YOKOZUNA!

Smark Sheep: Maybe it has something to do with the fact that over the past 20 years he has made his bosses a lot of money and can get away with just about anything he wants..........and we hate him for it...

- this has been: M Nyland

BAH....

Guest RetroRob215

Why shouldn't we give Hogan credit? After 18 years of holding down all of the good wrestlers, he has finally come around. Good for him.

Guest M Nyland
Why shouldn't we give Hogan credit? After 18 years of holding down all of the good wrestlers, he has finally come around. Good for him.

Casual Sheep Response: Hogan Can't Lose! He is the GREATEST EVER...almost as good as Jeff Hardy!

Smark Sheep Response: Yeah...I think he realized that he can make more money laying down than trying to throw his ego around....now if only HHH could start doing that a little more...

- this has been: M Nyland

BAH....

Guest Vern Gagne

You all can give credit to Hogan, but he's doing something that he should of done 15 years ago. He certainly shouldn't be criticized for doing the clean job but I don't feel a wrestler should be showered with praise for doing what should be the norm in the business.

Guest evenflowDDT

I don't just decide I hate people because it's cool to do so. I don't like people for my own reasons, and if those happen to coincide with what a lot of other people seem to think so be it. I was actually really stoked when I heard Hogan was coming back in February, until I saw him come back, and couldn't for the life of me figure out why the hell everyone was cheering this really slow, dumb bald guy with four moves to his credit. I have never had any problems with X-Pac, and have yet to figure out why so many people dislike the guy. As a kid Jake "The Snake" was one of my favorites, and now that I'm older and know all that he's been through, I feel genuinely sorry for him (but then I also feel that way towards Scott Hall, so what do I know, eh?).

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is there are people who just happen to agree with the majority by chance who aren't sheep. Plus, 30% of people disagreeing with you isn't that bad. Hell, I wish I had that few people disagree with me on my tastes in movies and music in real life.

Guest alfdogg

Because he picked up the 8'11", 1200 pound Andre the Giant over his head and slammed him through the earth in front of 70 million screaming Hulkamaniacs. :D

Guest M Nyland

Because he picked up the 8'11", 1200 pound Andre the Giant over his head and slammed him through the earth in front of 70 million screaming Hulkamaniacs. :D

i kinda covered that.....just not to the greatest of depth...