TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest SeanO'HaireMark

Baby Face / Heel title holders

Guest SeanO'HaireMark

Ok now i know you guys must have notice this already but on Raw there is nothing but heels holding titles and on Smackdown it is a Baby face title fest. Now this would mean a face would win the U.S. title the way the WWE is booking things, but i am still putting my money on Matt Hardy or Sean O'haire to take it.

Guest Choken One

SOH is busy with the tag titles right now...and until he kills Piper...He shouldn't be near the US title.

Hardy and Cena are the two to go with...According to Meltzger they already planned for Cena/Hardy for Slam...

I can dig that, i can see a face turn for Cena in the not so distant future, i think a match between Matt and Cena could be really excellent and even better if the US title is on the line as it gives them a reason to be fighting.

Guest Anglesault
Now this would mean a face would win the U.S. title the way the WWE is booking things, but i am still putting my money onMatt Hardy or  Sean O'haire to take it.

Sean O'haire shouldn't be near the US title.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Hardy in the tournament is so fucking stupid. He just had the cruiserweight title and now is involved with the US title without ANY transition? Way to make the distinction, WWE.

RRR: Is wondering how this is a "division"

Guest SeanO'HaireMark

Good f'n point Choken One i forgot all about john cena. That is a better match for the tourney final with hardy and cena, but i still think o'haire should hold the belt down the road when he cuts off piper and gets more heat.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Tournaments are made for the best wrestlers in the division to battle it out to see who's the champion. 2 weeks ago Matt Hardy was in the Cruiserweight division and now he is in the US title tournament? Hell, it would be easier to swallow had there been qualifiers where Matt's intentions are explained, but there wasn't. Now we are just supposed to accept this cross-over... THIS IS WHAT KILLED THE BELTS BEFORE! There was NO distinction (see: "Division") between being an IC Champ and being a Euro Champ and even being a Hardcore champ. You could win one title one week, lose it the next, and then challenge for another. It's ridiculous.

Guest Youth N Asia

I commented on the whole heel/babyface thing a while ago saying they should have the US title on a heel.

Guest wrestlingbs

Matt Hardy would be a great US Champion. He could do a Lance Storm and change it to the Mattitude Championship.

My big question is: Why is chris Benoit in the tournament? He's a great wrestler, but shouldn't the first holder of the new US title be, like, from the US?

Guest Showstoppa Icon
Matt Hardy is putting on weight now though.

hes back on the banana juice

Guest Anglesault
Good f'n point Choken One i forgot all about john cena. That is a better match for the tourney final with hardy and cena, but i still think o'haire should hold the belt down the road when he cuts off piper and gets more heat.

Maybe, just maybe, if he can

a) Improve tenfold in the ring

b) get over.

c) Figure out how to play his own damn character

Guest RavishingRickRudo

I can't think of anyone right now who should be US Champ. Cena already won the previous tournament for the #1 contendership to the WWE Title. Hardy was just Cruiser Champ. O'haire sucks. Eddie is in a tag team. Benjamin (who I would give it to) and Haas are in a tag team. Albert and Demott have been out of the picture for a long while. Taker, APA, Billy and Johnny are tied up together. Nunzio is a cruiserweight, as are the rest of the cruiserweights. Rikishi already lost as did Rhyno (who would have been a not-bad choice), and Benoit is above the title (though recent booking makes you think otherwise). Big Show and Brock are tied up, Mr. America doesn't work dates, and um... that's about everyone.

Guest Anglesault

The only other person I can think of is...

Oh My God

They wouldn't. Tell me they wouldn't.

Oh My God

They would...probably to lend credibility to the title.

That's their words...and what they did with the Smackdown Tag Titles...

Guest Anglesault

Oh My God

They would...probably to lend credibility to the title.

That's their words...and what they did with the Smackdown Tag Titles...

::Points to what happened the last time they used a main eventer to get a lowly midcard belt over.::

::Points out that last time IT WAS KURT ANGLE AND THE US TITLE!::

...I HATE when people refer to the US and IC titles as "lowly midcard belts"

To me, having a main eventer get a title like that symbolizes that the belt is still important.

DId people bitch this much when Ric Flair won the US title after holding the World Title numerous times?

Or Bret Hart getting the US title when he entered WCW?

Guest Anglesault
...I HATE when people refer to the US and IC titles as "lowly midcard belts"

The US title was just DRIPPING with prestige at that point.

To this day I say that that US title reign is what killed Angle's heat for good for those four months.

Guest RavishingRickRudo
DId people bitch this much when Ric Flair won the US title after holding the World Title numerous times?

Or Bret Hart getting the US title when he entered WCW?

Yes.

Guest Spaceman Spiff
I can't think of anyone right now who should be US Champ. Cena already won the previous tournament for the #1 contendership to the WWE Title. Hardy was just Cruiser Champ. O'haire sucks. Eddie is in a tag team. Benjamin (who I would give it to) and Haas are in a tag team. Albert and Demott have been out of the picture for a long while. Taker, APA, Billy and Johnny are tied up together. Nunzio is a cruiserweight, as are the rest of the cruiserweights. Rikishi already lost as did Rhyno (who would have been a not-bad choice), and Benoit is above the title (though recent booking makes you think otherwise). Big Show and Brock are tied up, Mr. America doesn't work dates, and um... that's about everyone.

If only they didn't fuck around w/ Kanyon since his return. Here's a guy w/ size and can mesh w/ pretty much anybody on the roster, and they have him singing Boy George to Taker and jobbing to Billy Gunn on Velocity.