TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trivia247

Who successfully made the change

Guest Trivia247

We seen alot of stellar tag teams come and go, but sometimes you can see sometimes when the individuals go into singles wrestling leaving their success as a tag team, their conditioning doesn't let them tough out a full match alone when majority of their time they are in the ring half the time usually..

who made a smooth Transition from Tag to singles in the WWF/WWE?

Bret Hart

Shawn Michaels??

and Who didn't??

Davey boy??

Roaddogg/Billy Gunn???

etc

your thoughts?

Guest papacita

I think Davey made a fairly good transition.

I'd say Matt Hardy's been successful since going on his own. Jeff on the other hand...

Guest Lightning Flik
I think Davey made a fairly good transition.

I'd say Matt Hardy's been successful since going on his own. Jeff on the other hand...

Hardys and Rockers are perfect examples of what could happen given both spectrums.

Jeff and Marty both bombed as singles (well, Marty disappeared and Jeff took longer to do the same). Matt and Shawn both were successful in singles.

Guest CanadianChick

Obviously Bret and Shawn. Wouldn't Steve Austin be considered a tag wrestler to a singles wrestler? if yes, then him.

Edge made a pretty good transition. I think Christian would, but he is always eventually put back into tag teams it seems. When both the Dudleys tried singles, it wasn't pretty, so thank god they are back to tag teams.

Guest DawnBTVS

Booker T's done very well considering he started out mostly tagging with Test

Guest Lightning Flik

Booker T was also a tag partner with Stevie Ray as well in WCW. When Booker was by himself, he was great in WCW too.

Hence his four WCW title reigns.

Guest William E

I always thought the Hardyz were one of those tag teams that seemed like they could not do anything oustide of that division.

Wken they had split up onto different brands I had a feeling they were just going to be JTTS, especially Matt.

But somehow Matt took it to another level and is one the best heels in WWE. Witness how the fans don't yell we Jeff anymore,

he has finally over.

Guest ISportsFan

Booker T was also a tag partner with Stevie Ray as well in WCW. When Booker was by himself, he was great in WCW too.

Hence his four WCW title reigns.

Are you intentionally not counting the one where he lost and beat Kurt Angle within a week because it was in WWE?

Because if not, of course, everyone knows he's a FIVE-TIME, FIVE-TIME, FIVE-TIME, FIVE-TIME, FIVE-TIME WCW Champion!

(Mark goggles off)

Guest Lightning Flik
Are you intentionally not counting the one where he lost and beat Kurt Angle within a week because it was in WWE?

Because if not, of course, everyone knows he's a FIVE-TIME, FIVE-TIME, FIVE-TIME, FIVE-TIME, FIVE-TIME WCW Champion!

(Mark goggles off)

If that was the WCW title, then yes, I'd agree. But you see it's the WORLD title. As it was renamed this by the time he re-won it.

So hencely, he's held the World title once and the WCW title four times.

Now can you dig THAT? SUCKA~!

Guest Sakura
If that was the WCW title, then yes, I'd agree. But you see it's the WORLD title. As it was renamed this by the time he re-won it.

No, it wasn't. Vince McMahon renamed it the World Title the night after Survivor Series 2001.

Guest razazteca

Splitting up the Dudley Boys was one of the worst ideas ever.

Scott Steiner did ok in singles but should of went heel alot earlier.

Guest Mole

Shawn Michaels

Bret Hart

Owen Hart

Edge

Matt Hardy

Booker T

Kevin Nash...oh wait, nevermind

Guest creativename

Dingo Warrior and Sting. :P

Yeah I know, if you stretch it, a huge number of wrestlers were considered a tag-team wrestler at some point or other.

So...I suppose I don't really have anything to contribute to this thread :unsure:

Guest alkeiper

Lance Storm and Chris Jericho started out as a tag team in Smokey Mountain Wrestling. They've done well for themselves since.

Guest Big McLargeHuge

I thought we were talking just the WWF/E.

My vote: Crush.

Guest Cerebus

Bret Hart

(By the way, Big McLargehuge is a great handle! MST3K RULES!)

Guest BifEverchad
Hardys and Rockers are perfect examples of what could happen given both spectrums.

Jeff and Marty both bombed as singles (well, Marty disappeared and Jeff took longer to do the same). Matt and Shawn both were successful in singles.

Thats funny you know, because a few years ago I figured it would be the other way around. Jeff being the success story much like HBK, and Matt drifting off like Marty Jannetty...

ah well....what do I know

:)

Guest ViciousFish

Thats funny you know, because a few years ago I figured it would be the other way around. Jeff being the success story much like HBK, and Matt drifting off like Marty Jannetty...

It seems like almost everybody thought that. I know I did but I was a huge Jeff hardy fan until he started to lose it.

Guest razazteca

It seems like almost everybody thought that. I know I did but I was a huge Jeff hardy fan until he started to lose it.

Jeff Hardy could not control the over whelming power that is in the face paint.

Guest Lightning Flik

Actually, I hated Jeff. I always though Matt was the more charismatic and like his ring style better.

Oh and about that blooper on the WCW/World title, my bad.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

Rick Martel did okay after the Strike Force breakup. He never made it past the upper midcard (in the Roberts feud), but he forged a nice career for himself afterwards. And I'm not even referring to his previous work as AWA Champ or his teams with Garea & Zenk.

Guest Kahran Ramsus
Has there ever been a time where both wrestlers in the tandem made it?

In the WWF? Unless you count the Mega Powers, I can't really think of any.

The Dream Team was okay, but Valentine's best days were prior to it. Even for teams like the Islanders, usually one guy comes out of it in far better shape than the other. Both of the Twin Towers had success, but Akeem's came outside the WWF.

Guest Lightning Flik

Hm... I don't think there has been a tag team in the WWE that has had both partners be successful.